The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
waynick Offline

Default 02-12-2009, 08:04 PM

it's too bad we're used to all the aggression caused by alcohol.
if only it were headline news every time a drunk flipped out!
(#12)
Old
Xvall Offline
Diabolique ou Divin?

My Mood: Confused
Default 02-12-2009, 10:32 PM

At least he wasn't as bad as Mad Max.

11:18 am, Greenwich Mean Time, December 21, 2012 AD.
" Ninety years ago I was a freak. Today I'm an amateur. "
(#13)
Old
dexhead22 Offline

Default 02-12-2009, 11:23 PM

man I want to interview the dude. SO what did god tell you? who's evil in washington or were you going to pick a random politician? do you like the cherry taste? ahh very interesting. go on.

yeah I smacked my head against that wall and it felt good, see mutherfucker... BAM... I did it again.
(#14)
Old
dexhead22 Offline

Default 02-12-2009, 11:40 PM

and this is weird to say, but i know dex has caused some members of the dv to flip out but yah know what. I've talking to numerous spirits and supreme forces on dex and they said it was ok. I'm all about harm reduction but people also need to know that it's only through drugs that they'll know there ultimate destiny in the cosmos. sorry monk your to goody goody, much love anyway.

yeah I smacked my head against that wall and it felt good, see mutherfucker... BAM... I did it again.
(#15)
Old
nigtv Offline
outer-panther

My Mood: In Love
Default 02-13-2009, 04:34 AM

This is an interesting story for a few reasons, first of which is that it seems to be one of the few that use the term 'DXM Addiction' in a seemingly warranted manner. Usually it's used in the context of "These kids are just hooked on this stuff, i've talked to many of them, and most say they have tried many times to quit, but never being successful in breaking their addiction" or some other such casual misuse of the term.

Another interesting part of it is that they never really demonize dxm, although they do, of course, to a small extent, but there is no mention of the evil drugs killing your kids or any other nonsense like that.

Also, the third thing, and probably one of the most significant things, is that the article never uses a phrase like "It's just so easy to get", its been a long long time since ive seen an article that didnt mention it.

Its a cool article and all, but it doesnt really seem to driven to me, so it probably wont be a big thing among the circles of people who are interested in this king of thing. I also really dont like that, although there isnt really any big thing saying they think dxm caused it, they never bring up that he may be borderline or any other mental illness.

No murder, no suicide, no intervention, no small kids, no small town, no sad death caused by the tentacles of drugs, yea, this story has front page written all over it :sleepy:

In time I'll seduce you with some heavy "Lay on the banks with me"
I cry "Best to breathe on matted grass and reeds"
The moons frail light illuminates your silhouette
as it submerges in a blanket of darkness
(#16)
Old
Thomas Jefferson Monk Offline
Metaprogrammers-lite

My Mood: Mellow
Default 02-13-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dexhead22@Feb 12 2009, 11:40 PM
and this is weird to say, but i know dex has caused some members of the dv to flip out but yah know what. I've talking to numerous spirits and supreme forces on dex and they said it was ok. I'm all about harm reduction but people also need to know that it's only through drugs that they'll know there ultimate destiny in the cosmos. sorry monk your to goody goody, much love anyway.
LOL.

Ask Me Anything | Conscious Aworeness (Blog) | Photos of my Journeys | Drug problem? |Twitter

Life's full of surprises, and sometimes the surprise is a bloody tampon in your laundry. - Morrison
(#17)
Old
Wǣrloga Offline
deceiver

My Mood: Pensive
Default 02-13-2009, 05:08 AM

Funny article, but part of me wonders what would have happened had the man not been able to gain access to DXM.

oh noes! t3h propaganda is getting me! arg!

Ósnjallr maðr, hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask, en elli gefr, honum engi frið, þótt honum geirar gefi
(#18)
Old
KeithParadigm Offline
Dextroverse Guru

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 02-13-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
"We found couple dozen bottles in his van. He'd pour it in his Pepsi and drink the Diet Pepsi,"
I sense a little inconsistency. Someone is lying their ass off!

"My very own signature!"

-Self
(#19)
Old
WINTERMUTE Offline

Default 02-13-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Thelonious Monk+Feb 13 2009, 03:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thelonious Monk @ Feb 13 2009, 03:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dexhead22@Feb 12 2009, 11:40 PM
LOL. [/b][/quote]
I had a good lul at that myself.

All a drug can do is manipulate endogenous chemicals, nothing you can't do on your own with proper know-how.

"There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after. I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem. And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit." -Ecclesiastes 1:11-14
(#20)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Offline
your mom

Default 02-13-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ParisianDream+Feb 13 2009, 02:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ParisianDream @ Feb 13 2009, 02:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -Thelonious Monk@Feb 13 2009, 03:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--dexhead22
Quote:
@Feb 12 2009, 11:40 PM

LOL.
I had a good lul at that myself.

All a drug can do is manipulate endogenous chemicals, nothing you can't do on your own with proper know-how. [/b][/quote]
I have found no meditative or other "spiritual" technique that produces results comparable to a DMT flash. If you know of one, plz point the way.

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."