The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#21)
Old
Psychoactive Offline

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 10-05-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JusTripIn@Sep 15 2008, 05:43 PM
I have a question, DV. I remember reading (one thread in particular) posts about drinking & dexing and DVers having positive experiences... The end of this article says alcohol + DXM can be fatal. What's the truth here?
The article is just fearmongering. Personally, though, I wouldn't say I've had any positive experiences with drinking and dexing. It's kind of a waste of both, because the alcohol kills the dex, and you don't get drunk, either. It's fine if you just want to have a couple drinks at the end of a trip to help you go to sleep, but that's about it.

No one on the corna has swagga like us
Dolla dolla tuss tuss
*_*

How to get high: get that D-M-X and mix it with alcohol!
(#22)
Old
torque Offline
almost never

Default 10-11-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
FDA to analyze Snurf pills

By JO CIAVAGLIA AND RACHEL CANELLI
Bucks County Courier Times

COUNCIL ROCK - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is analyzing the tiny pink pills that sickened four Council Rock high school students last month, possibly as part of a wider probe involving the so-called herbal supplement, police say.

Initial lab results confirm the pills labeled as Snurf contain dextromethorphan, better known as DXM, Newtown Township Detective Jason Harris said. The synthetic drug is an active ingredient found in over-the-counter cold and cough medications that produces mild psychedelic effects if taken in large doses, medical experts say.

The FDA is testing the potency of the DXM in the pills and the other ingredients that could determine if criminal charges are filed against the students, all 10th-grade boys, Harris said.

“It's unclear where [the case] is going to go,” he added. “We're not sure what to call it.”

The newspaper was unsuccessful in reaching the FDA for comment Thursday.

The Sept. 8 incident at Council Rock High School North generated a flurry of national attention with drug experts and parents fearing a new, largely unknown recreational drug had hit the streets.

Snurf is described as an “herbal supplement,” though the package confiscated from the Council Rock students does not appear to list a manufacturer, Harris said.

At high doses, DXM acts as a central nervous system depressant, resulting in slowed breathing, inability to move or speak and cerebral hemorrhages and stroke, medical sources said. Other risks associated with DXM abuse include nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, headache, numbness of fingers and toes, loss of consciousness and seizures.
source

(#23)
Old
the Ego killer Offline
The true face of evil

Default 02-24-2009, 12:57 PM

selling unlabeled dxm is horrible and while i'm anti-jail i don't particularly care if the guys who sold these get locked up. doubtlessly many kids got seratonin syndrome mixing this shit with ssri's considering they didn't know not to (and had no way of knowing).

i'm that bastard that's banging your sister and getting her into dissociative drugs, putting my WEIGHT on it in clubs, the DISCO GODFATHER, the pettiest of thugs, stealing your things to buy pain pills and syrup to chug.
(#24)
Old

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 02-24-2009, 08:17 PM

dude, Im gonna start saying this shit.

"Watcha doin this weekend?" Snurfin, man.

Cowabunga!! Snurf's up dudes!

Man, Im gonna get snurfed the fuck out!

you get what you give, you know what I mean-Dave Wyndorff

my 8 year old son is also prescribed adderal, but i take that myself for recreational effects. so i give him dextromethorphan, the main ingredient in cough syrup, and it seems to be working miracles in his life!!!! -fish52986

Best get to it, them there hipsters aint gonna beat themselves up!

"Wanna buy some pictures."
(#25)
Old
Abakua81 Offline

Default 02-24-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by treezy z@Feb 24 2009, 11:57 AM
selling unlabeled dxm is horrible and while i'm anti-jail i don't particularly care if the guys who sold these get locked up. doubtlessly many kids got seratonin syndrome mixing this shit with ssri's considering they didn't know not to (and had no way of knowing).
I dont agree with this argument. Personal Responsibility. If the ingredients have to be marked and they were not then that is some sort of violation and the company should be fined or sanctioned in some way. But, if you are on a med, it is your responsibility to be careful what you mix with it. No way of knowing? So they just take a pill not knowing what it is? thats their stupidity. Taking something you bought off the internet and not knowing whats in it is never a good idea but its not much different than what some of us do on the street with other drugs.

mystery pharmies are bad