The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
torque Offline
almost never

Default 09-10-2008, 05:56 AM

Quote:
SNURF: The Herbal Ecstasy

By Drew Sandholm

Story Created: Sep 9, 2008

Four high school kids were sent to the hospital after taking pills, which were bought online. It happened at Council
Rock High School North in Newton, Penn. Police say the kids took an herbal supplement called "SNURF."

Known as an herbal ecstasy, SNURF are tiny, pink pills. They are so small, they're about a 1/4 the size of an aspirin tablet, but drug counselors say the effects and consequences are much larger.

You might not have heard of SNURF, but it shares it's main ingredient -- dextromethophan or DXM -- with cough syrup. Only with SNURF, the DXM is put into tiny pink pills. Often labeled as an herbal ecstasy, SNURF is often purchased on the internet. But area treatment centers, like Keystone in Canton, SD are only starting to see patients who say they've tried SNURF.

"Not usually as their main drug, but they're experimenting, gone to a party or somebody gave them a SNURF. So it's just coming onto our radar right now," said Keystone executive director Carol Regier. She said SNURF pills provides for a feeling of intoxication and self-awareness. It heightens perception and raises one's blood-pressure.

"It can depress their respirations and one of the big dangers is they take it with something else, like alcohol, which also depresses respirations and it can even be fatal. So, it's nothing to mess with," said Regier.
Source

Better, more in-depth article
(#2)
Old
LuSiD Offline
IRC Operators

My Mood: Amused
Default 09-10-2008, 09:11 AM

Woah woah woah, are you trying to tell me I can get high on those lil' blue men living in my backyard? :-!

Watch out folks there's a SNURF epidemic afoot.

Edit: One of the definitions for snurf on urban dictionary is
Quote:
A snurf is a person who farts in the bathtub or similar water-filled area, such as a pool, and bites the bubbles as they rise. Normally, it is implied as an insult.
Your such a snurf, Jeff..
On a more serious note, I thought there were regulations as to the maximum amount of Dextromethorphan that could be allowed in an OTC supplement. Though I suppose you can get around anything with a little usage of the internet.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant.
DORA THE EXPLORER IS THE SHIT!
(#3)
Old
koala infestation... robots Offline
Now with 16% more robot.

Default 09-10-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Snurf Pills Herbal?

The Pennsylvania teens may not have been trying to get DXM when they obtained the Snurf pills. Users report that the package listed its "herbal" ingredients as "Fevizia, Palenzia, and De la Amazon."

No such herbs exist, according to multiple references. Since the Pennsylvania school incident, Smurf itself is hard to find on the Internet, although it's been sold at least since 2005.
After this the other article goes on a tangent about dxm. They don't ever mention what these pills contain that is so potent, not even that they are obviously not herbal if they contain dxm.

What I am really curious about: what do these tiny pink pills contain that makes such a small mass of dxm so potent and noteworthy? Is it that they are taken in mass, or is the media just focusing on the tiny bit of dxm they contain to further the anti-anti-tussive agenda?

(#4)
Old
Barack Obama Offline
YEEHAW FUN TIME WOO!!!

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM

This is ridiculous. I wonder what the doses were per pill.

Also, why would someone label them as 'herbal ecstasy'. Nothing about DXM is even similar to MDMA. :/

And i'm a roll one, and i'm a smoke one, and i'm a roll one, and i'm a smoke one, and i'm a roll one, and i'm a smoke one, and now i'm out of my mind, that's what that smoke done.
(#5)
Old
§əāИ ΜĉĐə√îŧŦ Offline

Default 09-10-2008, 07:18 PM

searches :snurf: thanks for the reda though. but i wanna see how much dxm is in a pill..lol might buy em
(#6)
Old
mudpeople Offline
Flothing at the moulth

My Mood: Pensive
Default 09-10-2008, 07:38 PM

wtf, who in hell is getting away with selling that shit? Sounds so incredibly illegitimate... Id stay away from those pills if they exist, sounds like someone's about to pull an RC-supplier and get their asses locked away for a good long while. I cant imagine the feds will be too happy when they catch the individual(s) slinging that shit.

A -9000 for shedding more bad light on us all.

"Some men see things as they are and say why... I dream of things that never were and say why not." - George Bernard Shaw
(#7)
Old
Shamanix Offline
Extirpated

My Mood: Dead
Default 09-10-2008, 09:34 PM

Too bad they couldnt get real ecstasy. They probably wouldnt have ended up in the hospital that way.
(#8)
Old
weebl8bob Offline

Default 09-10-2008, 10:46 PM

Interestingly enough.. I was following random links when i was bored and stumbled upon something similar.. The product i found was a blend of PEAs and DXM in unspecified amounts..
(#9)
Old
torque Offline
almost never

Default 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM

more snurf stuff

(#10)
Old
dianne Offline

My Mood: Bored
Default 09-11-2008, 10:30 PM

Is it just me, or does Snurf sound like some shit some kids made up?