The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Shamanix Offline
Extirpated

My Mood: Dead
Default 09-11-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dianne@Sep 11 2008, 09:30 PM
Is it just me, or does Snurf sound like some shit some kids made up?
"Lets go get SNURF'd guys." lol, almost as bad as cheesing.
(#12)
Old
dianne Offline

My Mood: Bored
Default 09-12-2008, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ishkaboo+Sep 11 2008, 09:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ishkaboo @ Sep 11 2008, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dianne@Sep 11 2008, 09:30 PM
Is it just me, or does Snurf sound like some shit some kids made up?
"Lets go get SNURF'd guys." lol, almost as bad as cheesing. [/b][/quote]
No really though, like they didn't want to tell them what they actually really took. :P

but yeah. that shit just ends up priceless and hilarious.

(#13)
Old
Shamanix Offline
Extirpated

My Mood: Dead
Default 09-12-2008, 04:05 PM

If only the safe drugs were legal, maybe kids wouldnt have to take this shit as a "legal alternative".
(#14)
Old
MaslowK Offline
Self Destruct Absolutive

My Mood: Bitchy
Default 09-13-2008, 05:16 AM

You know, I looked for these tonight, I figured "Well hell, if they're enough to freak kids out enough into going to the hospital then its good for me". Couldn't find any though. Wish kids weren't so stupid.

'Yeah man I tell ya what man that dang ol’ internet man you just go in on there and point and click talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there man just go click click click click click it’s real easy man."
http://myspace.com/kingkow
(#15)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 09-13-2008, 08:33 AM

I don't like the ambiguity of the article, when it comes to why they 'had' to go to the hospital.

First time DXM use without guidance or assistance from someone who has taken it before...often gives the feeling as if one is dying...so did they just 'freak out' or was it a 'real' medical emergency?

Not only that, the article blatantly lies and says that the pills have DXM in them at one point, whereas the WebMD article says that the effects seem to 'point towards' what DXM would induce

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#16)
Old
torque Offline
almost never

Default 09-13-2008, 08:47 AM

That bugs me too, Monoliath. To expand on an idea I mentioned in a pm to one of my DV friends, things would be different if I were king. "Drug Ed" would be part of the school curriculum just like "Sex Ed" ought to be. We'd spend some time covering each of the commonly available drugs and psychedelics and focusing attention on questions like:

How can I expect to feel on a low dose? a high dose?

What do I do if I feel I'm freaking out?

What do I do when other people think I'm in danger?

It's ignorance which is sending people to ER's across the country, ignorance on the part of the ill-informed drug user who doesn't know the proper dosage, ignorance on the part of clueless users who don't realize what a passing effect is, and ignorance on the part of concerned people who mistake temporary discomfort and disorientation with some sort of medical crisis.

(#17)
Old
silent voice of seduction Offline
Restricted

Default 09-13-2008, 03:41 PM

Hmm... I think they should like... stop the propaganda. And make everything legal. That would be cool.
(#18)
Old
dianne Offline

My Mood: Bored
Default 09-13-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Hydrochloride Salt@Sep 13 2008, 01:41 PM
Hmm... I think they should like... stop the propaganda. And make everything legal. That would be cool.
Great. I think that would work out JUST fine. A oK.

(#19)
Old
JusTripIn Offline

Default 09-15-2008, 10:43 PM

dianne - That was the first thing I thought of when someone told me about this "snurf incident" - sounds like someone just put a name to it so they could move it online.

I have a question, DV. I remember reading (one thread in particular) posts about drinking & dexing and DVers having positive experiences... The end of this article says alcohol + DXM can be fatal. What's the truth here?

One night I had a few beers and then an 8oz, I think it threw off a balance in my body because for about 4-6 months after that trip I had very psychotic, irrational thoughts and was convincing myself of delusional bullshit ect.

JusTripIn quit DXM

''lf you run out of 'tussin, put some water
in the jar, shake it up, 'mo 'tussin." - Chris Rock
(#20)
Old
Xvall Offline
Diabolique ou Divin?

My Mood: Confused
Default 09-16-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by torque@Sep 13 2008, 06:47 AM
That bugs me too, Monoliath. To expand on an idea I mentioned in a pm to one of my DV friends, things would be different if I were king. "Drug Ed" would be part of the school curriculum just like "Sex Ed" ought to be. We'd spend some time covering each of the commonly available drugs and psychedelics and focusing attention on questions like:

How can I expect to feel on a low dose? a high dose?

What do I do if I feel I'm freaking out?

What do I do when other people think I'm in danger?

It's ignorance which is sending people to ER's across the country, ignorance on the part of the ill-informed drug user who doesn't know the proper dosage, ignorance on the part of clueless users who don't realize what a passing effect is, and ignorance on the part of concerned people who mistake temporary discomfort and disorientation with some sort of medical crisis.
If it's any consolation , I was reading another article (one I believe was posted prior to this and with the intent of conveying news information and not fearmongering) that seemed to imply that this wasn't an "overdose" issue - mind you this is from FOX.

http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:GLUZBq...clnk&cd=4&gl=us

Quote:
School administrators said they confiscated a package of small, pink pills called "SNURF" that were apparently purchased over the Internet. Newtown police are now analyzing the pills.

At about 11:45 a.m. Monday, a resource officer at the high school — located on Swamp Road in Newtown — requested an ambulance for a 16-year-old who was under the influence of an unknown substance.

Click here for more from MyFoxPhilly.com

The officer then called for additional ambulances when other students demonstrated some indication of an altered state.
It sounds to me like this was a case of. "Holy crap these kids are tripping balls, better be safe with this one." And not "Jimmy is about to die on mystery pills."

11:18 am, Greenwich Mean Time, December 21, 2012 AD.
" Ninety years ago I was a freak. Today I'm an amateur. "