The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#21)
Old
Jesric Offline

My Mood: Confused
Default 03-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev+Mar 8 2008, 08:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyutchev @ Mar 8 2008, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 09:41 PM
I'd like to add that this thread was hijacked.

I started it and one of the moderators took it.
I made a New Year's resolution that I wouldn't resort to Petty Antics, but you've tipped my hand:

You're a moron. [/b][/quote]
Well I guess the idea here as that it's a community right?

So I apologize for those comments this is just so big I didn't really know what to think.

The mod changing it is really a good thing.

CVS : "Prevent Teen Cough Medicine Abuse, do an extraction!"
(#22)
Old
Jesric Offline

Default 03-08-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev+Mar 8 2008, 08:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyutchev @ Mar 8 2008, 08:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 09:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Tyutchev
Quote:
@Mar 8 2008, 08:46 AM
None of the information you mentioned in your last post has anything to do with DXM becoming illegal. As far as I can see it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread at all, and I'm somewhat confused as to why you posted it. On an unrelated note, I'd also like to point out to you that depression IS considered a 'mood disorder'.

Just because some random was trying to sell your sister robogels illicitly doesn't mean it's becoming illegal either. It just means some dumbshit wanted to make a quick buck.

People have been making threads about DXM potentially becoming illegal ever since I first joined the DV. It's certainly a possibility, but I haven't seen any indication that it's actually being considered by legislators.

Other then that news article coming out TODAY, and stating that DXM is not effective as a cough remedy?
Other than the fact that people have been saying "DXM is not effective as a cough remedy" for YEARS and yet has still remained legal all this time, and that the article made no mention of DXM being made illegal AT ALL? [/b][/quote]
AND

That article is the NUMBER ONE news report on

www.dextroverse.org.

(#23)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 03-08-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 09:50 PM

That comment doesn't make a lick of sense.

Quote:
So I apologize for those comments this is just so big I didn't really know what to think.
I apologise for calling you a moron, but I think your paranoia and scaremongering in regards to DXM's potential illegality is completely unjustified.

Quote:
I don't think it matters one way or another.

this is not a quote by polio vaccine
(#24)
Old
Jesric Offline

Default 03-08-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev+Mar 8 2008, 08:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyutchev @ Mar 8 2008, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 09:50 PM

That comment doesn't make a lick of sense.

Quote:
I apologise for calling you a moron, but I think your paranoia and scaremongering in regards to DXM's potential illegality is completely unjustified.

Quote:
I don't think it matters one way or another. [/b][/quote]
No actually I repent because the mod who changed that actually created the article, therefore he had a right to.

(#25)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 03-08-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 09:51 PM
AND

www.dextroverse.org.
You realise that's because it's the most recent DXM News article to be posted on the forums, don't you? The most recent DXM News story is always number one on the main page.

(#26)
Old
Jesric Offline

Default 03-08-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev+Mar 8 2008, 08:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyutchev @ Mar 8 2008, 08:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 09:51 PM
AND

www.dextroverse.org.
You realise that's because it's the most recent DXM News article to be posted on the forums, don't you? The most recent DXM News story is always number one on the main page. [/b][/quote]
Yes. Thats why I brought it here as a discussion.

What is your problem anyway?

Something huge just happened, and I HOPED the community could as a whole figure out what exactly is going on.

(#27)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 03-08-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 09:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with discussing this news article. There is something wrong with the conclusions you drew from it- that DXM is about to become illegal. The article didn't say that, and just because a study says DXM is not an effective cough medication does not mean it is about to be taken off the shelves. As I said before, people have been saying that about DXM for a long, long time, and it's still available in pharmacies throughout the world.

Quote:
My problem is with your scaremongering.

Quote:
Something huge just happened, and I HOPED the community could as a whole figure out what exactly is going on.
It's not that huge, and it's not that difficult to figure out what happened. A study said that some people think DXM (among other drugs) is not an effective cough medicine. That's all it said, and that's all it means.

(#28)
Old
Jesric Offline

Default 03-08-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev+Mar 8 2008, 09:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyutchev @ Mar 8 2008, 09:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 09:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with discussing this news article. There is something wrong with the conclusions you drew from it- that DXM is about to become illegal. The article didn't say that, and just because a study says DXM is not an effective cough medication does not mean it is about to be taken off the shelves. As I said before, people have been saying that about DXM for a long, long time, and it's still available in pharmacies throughout the world.

Quote:
My problem is with your scaremongering.

Quote:
It's not that huge, and it's not that difficult to figure out what happened. A study said that some people think DXM (among other drugs) is not an effective cough medicine. That's all it said, and that's all it means. [/b][/quote]
Your being naive.

(#29)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 03-08-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xxrepresentxx@Mar 8 2008, 10:04 PM

Your being naive.
LOL

I'm done here.

(#30)
Old
Jesric Offline

Default 03-08-2008, 10:17 AM

It's early. More will come. This will be a sticky by tonight.