The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#31)
Old
Maabus Offline

My Mood: Devilish
Default 10-14-2003, 01:58 AM

lol..... always remember.....

governments/societies act in their own interests

its in their interest to stop people from breaking the rigidly defined patterns of thought that give them the most profit/controllability.

drugs encourage (but do not guarantee) the breaking of rigid patterns of thought.

actually if more positive accounts of drug use (material success, wondrous experiences, artistic endeavors, etc) were to somehow surface into mainstream consciousness, perhaps then there would be an organized counterpoint to the emphasis on the worst of us.

now we cannot eliminate the worst of us (no matter how much we want to). there's always gonna be some idiot guy who slips GHB into a girl's drink, another idiot guy who does dxm as a substitute for alcohol or weed, yet another idiot guy who couldn't handle his shit or fucks himself over, and still another idiot guy who sells PMA as "ecstacy".....we cant avoid this. but the media...they'll fucking jump on it.

but we can present a unified front as our best defense....and i guess thats what the dextroverse is kinda about.

still....the more i think about it, the more it seems there are no easy answers for this one. we got a long road ahead of us, guys. if anything it seems as if its gonna get even worse as time goes on and government gets more intrusive and authoritarian.

i dunno....thats just my spiel.

War, Sex, Industry, Art, Science

The new pantheon.
(#32)
Old
Jogey

Default 10-14-2003, 05:09 PM

It's fucking idiots like the person who wrote the article on the first page that make me wanna just nuke the damn media. If they're going to report on something, get it right or don't do it at all. Stupid fuckers, ugh. And they should really stop writing articles about it, that's kind of where we get the idea that "oh hey, cough syrup...hmmm...."

/flips the big bird
That's for you, anti-drug America and asinine people.
(#33)
Old
Ellis_D

Default 10-31-2003, 01:51 AM

"They'll take cough syrup just to be cool. They'll do it because their friends tell them to do it," Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman David Jacobson said.

Haahaahaa thats beautiful definitely one for the scrapbook... wait a minute I dont have a scrapbook. I guess Ill just sharpie it on the wall