The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Post Cough Syrup, Cough Medicine Abuse, Addiction - TransWorldNews (press release) - 11-21-2009, 05:50 PM

Cough Syrup, Cough Medicine Abuse, Addiction - TransWorldNews (press release)
11-21-2009 06:38 PM

Read Full Article Here...

(This thread was automatically posted from Google's RSS feed for news articles containing the term 'Dextromethorphan')
(#2)
Old
VagueReality Offline
Propane

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 11-23-2009, 01:13 AM

Dumb shits, they said dextromethorphan is similar to morphine, structurally maybe, effects wise is a definite no.

(Found my old signature I made)
My YouTube account - My Wikipedia account

My facebook (clicky clicky)
Total money donated to Dextrovese: $188

Last edited by VagueReality; 11-23-2009 at 01:15 AM.
(#3)
Old
WillMac11 Offline

My Mood: Cheeky
Default 11-23-2009, 07:14 AM

fucking retarded

Starving for knowledge will leave you eternally hungry.
(#4)
Old
Shamanix Offline
Chasing the Rabbit

My Mood: Dead
Default 11-23-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Some have written stories on the Internet: “I felt my soul being ripped from my body,”
Damn that sounds like a direct quote of something I posted on the DV... wtf.

¯ ¯ ̿ ̿ ̿¯̿̿¯̿̿¯̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ ‘̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿̿̿ ̿(̿(̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿ ̿¯ ¯

(#5)
Old
Dekko Tei'moku Offline
未知の光

My Mood: Lurking
Default 11-23-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagueReality View Post
Dumb shits, they said dextromethorphan is similar to morphine, structurally maybe, effects wise is a definite no.
This is what they're saying Dextromethorphan (the stereoisomer of levomethorphan, a semi-synthetic opioid agonist) and its metabolite dextrorphan have no opioid analgesic effect at all despite their structural similarity to other opioids; instead they are potent NMDA antagonists and sigma 1 and 2-receptor agonists and are used in many over-the-counter cough suppressants. Obviously they are using the fact it's classified in the same as opiates such as heroin to scare parents. No doubt DXM is addictive, but propaganda about it should be seriously reread before surfacing.

(#6)
Old
VagueReality Offline
Propane

Default 11-24-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot titss View Post
This is what they're saying Dextromethorphan (the stereoisomer of levomethorphan, a semi-synthetic opioid agonist) and its metabolite dextrorphan have no opioid analgesic effect at all despite their structural similarity to other opioids; instead they are potent NMDA antagonists and sigma 1 and 2-receptor agonists and are used in many over-the-counter cough suppressants. Obviously they are using the fact it's classified in the same as opiates such as heroin to scare parents. No doubt DXM is addictive, but propaganda about it should be seriously reread before surfacing.
Ugh, they did not say all that in the article. I'm confused, stop playing with my drug addled mind.

(#7)
Old
Shamanix Offline
Chasing the Rabbit

My Mood: Dead
Default 11-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagueReality View Post
Ugh, they did not say all that in the article. I'm confused, stop playing with my drug addled mind.
More like stop copying and pasting so much.

¯ ¯ ̿ ̿ ̿¯̿̿¯̿̿¯̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ ‘̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿̿̿ ̿(̿(̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿ ̿¯ ¯

(#8)
Old
Dekko Tei'moku Offline
未知の光

My Mood: Lurking
Default 11-24-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanix View Post
More like stop copying and pasting so much.
Are you talking down to me friend? Cause I think I have the right to obtain information that I know is correct instead of trying my best to spew that out.

Levomethorphan is what DXM is synthed from, it is an opioid. DXM is classified but is not psychoactive-ly similar to other opiates like morphine. The end.

(#9)
Old
VagueReality Offline
Propane

Default 11-25-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot titss View Post
Are you talking down to me friend? Cause I think I have the right to obtain information that I know is correct instead of trying my best to spew that out.

Levomethorphan is what DXM is synthed from, it is an opioid. DXM is classified but is not psychoactive-ly similar to other opiates like morphine. The end.
DXM is not an opiate (an opiate is a naturally occurring substance with opioid activity) nor is it an opioid because it does no have any significant opioid binding or activity. The only things DXM shares with opioids are it's structure, analgesic effects, etc.

Last edited by VagueReality; 11-25-2009 at 08:07 AM.
(#10)
Old
Choker Offline
skyler..

My Mood: Blah
Default 11-29-2009, 12:37 AM

If dumbfucks would research their drug before taking it and would stop freaking out when they have a bad trip on dxm only products and just ride it out, then the DEA wouldn't even be thinking of scheduling it. I swear to god I'll be heartbroken if they schedule it and I can't get any dxm ever again. I don't do it often anymore but I do every now and then. and for sure, I'd miss it.

Can't tell me nothing now, baby I know how to fly
Can't nothing hold me down, I'm gonna touch the sky