The Dextroverse

The Dextroverse (http://dextroverse.org/forums/index.php)
-   DXM-related News (http://dextroverse.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cough Syrup, Cough Medicine Abuse, Addiction - TransWorldNews (press release) (http://dextroverse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62827)

void 11-21-2009 05:50 PM

Cough Syrup, Cough Medicine Abuse, Addiction - TransWorldNews (press release)

Cough Syrup, Cough Medicine Abuse, Addiction - TransWorldNews (press release)
11-21-2009 06:38 PM

Read Full Article Here...

(This thread was automatically posted from Google's RSS feed for news articles containing the term 'Dextromethorphan')

VagueReality 11-23-2009 01:13 AM

Dumb shits, they said dextromethorphan is similar to morphine, structurally maybe, effects wise is a definite no.

WillMac11 11-23-2009 07:14 AM

fucking retarded

Shamanix 11-23-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Some have written stories on the Internet: “I felt my soul being ripped from my body,”
Damn that sounds like a direct quote of something I posted on the DV... wtf.

Dekko Tei'moku 11-23-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VagueReality (Post 876127)
Dumb shits, they said dextromethorphan is similar to morphine, structurally maybe, effects wise is a definite no.

This is what they're saying Dextromethorphan (the stereoisomer of levomethorphan, a semi-synthetic opioid agonist) and its metabolite dextrorphan have no opioid analgesic effect at all despite their structural similarity to other opioids; instead they are potent NMDA antagonists and sigma 1 and 2-receptor agonists and are used in many over-the-counter cough suppressants. Obviously they are using the fact it's classified in the same as opiates such as heroin to scare parents. No doubt DXM is addictive, but propaganda about it should be seriously reread before surfacing.

VagueReality 11-24-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggot titss (Post 876278)
This is what they're saying Dextromethorphan (the stereoisomer of levomethorphan, a semi-synthetic opioid agonist) and its metabolite dextrorphan have no opioid analgesic effect at all despite their structural similarity to other opioids; instead they are potent NMDA antagonists and sigma 1 and 2-receptor agonists and are used in many over-the-counter cough suppressants. Obviously they are using the fact it's classified in the same as opiates such as heroin to scare parents. No doubt DXM is addictive, but propaganda about it should be seriously reread before surfacing.

Ugh, they did not say all that in the article. I'm confused, stop playing with my drug addled mind.

Shamanix 11-24-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VagueReality (Post 876451)
Ugh, they did not say all that in the article. I'm confused, stop playing with my drug addled mind.

More like stop copying and pasting so much.

Dekko Tei'moku 11-24-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamanix (Post 876457)
More like stop copying and pasting so much.

:eh: Are you talking down to me friend? Cause I think I have the right to obtain information that I know is correct instead of trying my best to spew that out.

Levomethorphan is what DXM is synthed from, it is an opioid. DXM is classified but is not psychoactive-ly similar to other opiates like morphine. The end.

VagueReality 11-25-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggot titss (Post 876504)
:eh: Are you talking down to me friend? Cause I think I have the right to obtain information that I know is correct instead of trying my best to spew that out.

Levomethorphan is what DXM is synthed from, it is an opioid. DXM is classified but is not psychoactive-ly similar to other opiates like morphine. The end.

DXM is not an opiate (an opiate is a naturally occurring substance with opioid activity) nor is it an opioid because it does no have any significant opioid binding or activity. The only things DXM shares with opioids are it's structure, analgesic effects, etc.

Choker 11-29-2009 12:37 AM

If dumbfucks would research their drug before taking it and would stop freaking out when they have a bad trip on dxm only products and just ride it out, then the DEA wouldn't even be thinking of scheduling it. I swear to god I'll be heartbroken if they schedule it and I can't get any dxm ever again. I don't do it often anymore but I do every now and then. and for sure, I'd miss it.