The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
torque Offline
almost never

Default 08-26-2008, 10:47 PM

As we all know, Barack Obama chose a well-known foe of mail order DXM as his running mate. Here's an interesting take on the current trend
of increasingly restricting the legal market for DXM:

Quote:
Are we going to let them make us supervise DEXTROMETHORPHAN sales, too? Hell,no!

There are supposed to be three kinds of people: people who make things happen, people who watch things happen, and people who wonder what happened. Judging from the way pharmacy legislation is negotiated, I'd say that we pharmacists fall into that third category. We turn around, and find ourselves fettered by one more mindless, oppressive regulation, a regulation we end up living with because we were silent. Well, here comes another potential attempt to ignore our professionalism and add to our status as toadies for the administrators: "they" may be about to make us account for dextromethorphan (DXM) products the same way we do pseudoephedrine products!

DXM is an over-the-counter cough suppressant that has been available on the U.S. market for more than half a century. It can be considered an opiate derivative, but its specific chemistry prevents its being abused as an opiate, i.e., it is not supposed to have opiate-addictive properties. But, in large doses, it can be a euphoriant. OK, we agree that there is DXM abuse, and it is widespread among teenagers. According to Drug Topics, the "concerned parents'" Web sites have already formed, and some national drug abuse centers are weighing in on the issue. But, what is the first action that these folks want to take? Regulatory action. What do they want to regulate? Why, the easy thing, the feel-good thing: DXM sales! Drug Topics reports that Senator Joseph Biden is about to introduce federal legislation restricting DXM sales by the age of the purchaser. Do you smell a new pharmacy requirement for these sales? I do. Let's stop it!

Keep writing to Senator Biden at http://biden.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm to express your opposition to any pharmacy involvement in this restriction. (if you are not from Delaware, do not expect a reply; if you are from Delaware, lay into him particularly hard!) I would also suggest to the senator, and also state legislators and regulators, that if DXM, or PSE, or even chocolate milk, is deemed so abusable that they want to restrict its sales, then they ought to do so by making it Rx-only and a scheduled controlled substance! If they want pharmacists to deal with these drugs, then they should officially enroll them in the clinical armamentarium of therapeutic substances. But, tell them, no more police work, no more bean counting, for pharmacies!
[...]
more

I'm still willing to cut Barack some slack. But don't be surprised if this costs him the election!

(#2)
Old
nigtv Offline
outer-panther

My Mood: In Love
Default 08-27-2008, 05:33 AM

This is interesting, i've never heard this take on it before. But a make or break on the election? no....but wierd that dxm use has become so widely known.

In time I'll seduce you with some heavy "Lay on the banks with me"
I cry "Best to breathe on matted grass and reeds"
The moons frail light illuminates your silhouette
as it submerges in a blanket of darkness
(#3)
Old
⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ Offline

Default 08-27-2008, 11:16 AM

I'm voting green party now.

(#4)
Old
KeithParadigm Offline
Dextroverse Guru

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 08-27-2008, 12:44 PM

Dear senator Biden: I chug cough-syrup to get high and I can't legally smoke weed, so don't fuck with this, please.

sincerely,

Zyklon-UFO Rockefellar Jr. VI

"My very own signature!"

-Self
(#5)
Old
Massive Blowjob Offline
bees on pie

Default 08-27-2008, 06:51 PM

Start hoarding! It is too late, DXM is as fucked as Salvia. I truly don't understand the drug war... The drugs chosen and which designation they get seems so arbitrary. Freedom? HA! This coutry is doomed and Uncle Barak isn't fixing a damn thing.

In other news, this banana totally dances to the beat of "Super Ultra Mega" by this guy ------>

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=307384790

This banana dude can rock.

(#6)
Old
robijussin Offline

Default 08-27-2008, 09:24 PM

as we sit back and watch this mockery that is capitalism. and yea capitalism is not the same and democracy. think about it.

"here's what we can do to change the world right now to a better ride. take all that money we spend on weapons and defense each year, and instead, spend it feeding, clothing, and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded. and we can explore space together. both inner and outer, forever in peace" --B. Hicks
(#7)
Old
dianne Offline

My Mood: Bored
Default 08-28-2008, 12:01 AM

I hate everyone.

(#8)
Old
noisuf0 Offline

Default 08-28-2008, 01:52 AM

better stock up!

http://myspace.com/noisuf0
add me on aim!
solar dexberry
(#9)
Old
Blind Slave Offline

My Mood: Dexed
Default 08-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by noisuf0@Aug 27 2008, 11:52 PM
better stock up!
For real!

I was about to stock up on powder before it came impossible to get. I still would have had a large supply.

"Language is a virus from outer space." - William S. Burroughs

"This is the strangest life I've ever known." -Jim Morrison

"Stop me if I start making too much money. If I am making too much money that means I am doing something wrong." - Timothy Leary
(#10)
Old
Diam Rumrum Offline
former murmuring maid

My Mood: In Love
Default 08-29-2008, 03:31 PM

illegal robo sales > john mccain

"Do the day, and let the day do you"... Wireman