The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#21)
Old
krepta Offline
weirding way

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 02-11-2006, 04:19 PM

dxm doesnt make people kill people wtf already
(#22)
Old
FDR Offline
DV Villain

Default 02-11-2006, 04:21 PM

Maybe not, but it does seem to foster an intense dislike for robots.
(#23)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 02-11-2006, 04:27 PM

I find that notion incredibly interesting.

I think drugs in general foster a type of hatred for any kind of excessive systematic robotification of anything.

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#24)
Old
Katatonic Offline

Default 02-11-2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
It's fucking weird when you read the news in your hometown and see this kinda crap. It at once makes me feel anger and sort of a knowing sympathy. The kid in question I have actually met and was friends with my brother in Highschool. Having been a DXM user in the past I know what the experience is like and I do know that the use of it is on the rise in my town. Hell, I might have contributed to it's spread. BUT, I always told people the plain truth and answered any questions they had. I made it clear to them that this is not something to fuck with. Made sure they steered clear of Coricidine and other non-pure dex containing products. The fact that this kid had some serious issues outside of his drug use needs to be made clear. I'm certain his drug use pertained to these problems.

On an interesting note, it was originally rumored that he was on Meth. Funny how nobody fucking knows what the hell they are talking about in the news.

I see we live in the same town.... You must be a part of the newer generation dexers.

I knew the kid too and was never fond of him, he used to say very perverted things to me when I'd walk home and pass by his house.I was very very young.

Fact: dxm (corocidin) is easily obtainable.
Fact: so are knives.

The details or motives of this incident cannot be assumed. Chemicals in the wrong hands can be destructive wither it be to ones self or others (or both parties)
Lets just all eat our choice of candy and use our tools wisely.

Words. Semantics. Logos.

(#25)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 02-12-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkStar@Feb 11 2006, 12:49 PM

here's the thing though. EVERY other drug that sucessfully suppresses coughs is considered "worse" by the goverment (codiene, hydrocodone etc.) i don't think a non psychoactive cough suppressant that works well actually exists. As for me, i'd rather be able to get OTC Hydrocodone syrup and have to get a script for dex from my MD. He's script happy anyway, he'd write it in a second. Dex will never be illegal completely. Maybe in 20 years it might be Rx only, but anyone with a cough or the ability to fake one will be able to get a script. MDs will hand it out like they do SSRIs (blech....)
Well I meant it would be prescription only, I just mean it won't be OTC anymore. Good point though.

this is not a quote by polio vaccine
(#26)
Old
Midknight Offline

Default 02-13-2006, 08:48 PM

It seems to me that people who are more likely to kill someone are also more likely to use drugs, not the other way around...I mean if your willing to kill someone, which is a far greater offense than using drugs, why would you care about the law enough to not use drugs.

(#27)
Old
Jesric Offline

My Mood: Confused
Default 02-14-2006, 11:00 PM

The kid did CCC, and in an unrelated event stabbed his friend. The CCC wasn't responsible, but DID make for a good excuse.

CVS : "Prevent Teen Cough Medicine Abuse, do an extraction!"
(#28)
Old
Lunchbox Offline

Default 02-16-2006, 12:46 PM

The reason that CCCs always seem to be related to these murders is this. Kids take DXM for their frist time, and guess what they take, the thing they always hear about in high school. When I was in High School, CCCs were the most popular way to trip, because people didn't know that you could take anything else.

So the kid takes CCCs and can't handle the trip, and goes nuts. The same thing prolly could have happened if he would have taken Zicam, Robitussin or anything else.
(#29)
Old
KathrynCoagula Offline

Default 02-17-2006, 06:53 AM

Thats a bad DXM *takes out her molecule and beats it* WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!! YOU MAKE PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!! NOT LIKE THEY WEREN'T MESSED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE.....

BAD!!!

I'm so not cuddling you tonight.

And when I see your friends in the grocery store aisle tomorrow you know what I'm gonna do? I think I'm going to have to disassociate from them because it's drugs like you that make people go BAD!

I said I'd think about it.

And think really hard I will.

acidkaeti on books
(#30)
Old
JayMark Offline
Highly Addictive Beeing

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 02-18-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KathrynCoagula@Feb 17 2006, 05:53 AM
Thats a bad DXM *takes out her molecule and beats it* WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!! YOU MAKE PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!! NOT LIKE THEY WEREN'T MESSED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE.....

BAD!!!

I'm so not cuddling you tonight.

And when I see your friends in the grocery store aisle tomorrow you know what I'm gonna do? I think I'm going to have to disassociate from them because it's drugs like you that make people go BAD!

I said I'd think about it.

And think really hard I will.
LMAO!

Check this out also:

Quote:
“What happens is these medications have a narcotic-like effect — sort of an LSD high,” McVoy said.
Sure, we all know how DXM is like LSD....

"One is everything, everything is one. Don't look for God, it's you, all around you, everything there is and even more. Our reality is purely the fruit of our collective counsciousness." --- JayMark

"Once, I wanted to jump out of a moving vehicle because I felt as if previously occupied space/time fabric was tearing from me... that with which I was part of, was being left behind=/ (gas station, road, street lights, etc.)" --- creampie_69 on Salvia