The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
BobAlmighty

Default 02-09-2006, 07:41 PM

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/0...fd329907221.txt

It's fucking weird when you read the news in your hometown and see this kinda crap. It at once makes me feel anger and sort of a knowing sympathy. The kid in question I have actually met and was friends with my brother in Highschool. Having been a DXM user in the past I know what the experience is like and I do know that the use of it is on the rise in my town. Hell, I might have contributed to it's spread. BUT, I always told people the plain truth and answered any questions they had. I made it clear to them that this is not something to fuck with. Made sure they steered clear of Coricidine and other non-pure dex containing products. The fact that this kid had some serious issues outside of his drug use needs to be made clear. I'm certain his drug use pertained to these problems.

On an interesting note, it was originally rumored that he was on Meth. Funny how nobody fucking knows what the hell they are talking about in the news.
(#2)
Old
Suburban_Prince Offline

Default 02-09-2006, 08:29 PM

i love how they compared dxm and LSD

but it's sad to see people kill people
(#3)
Old
Arm Online
Robotard

Default 02-09-2006, 10:17 PM

CCC is the new PCP.
(#4)
Old
FDR Offline
DV Villain

Default 02-10-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
“He was talking about people being robots,”
Been there.
(#5)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 02-10-2006, 09:19 AM

This is a sad story...I feel for both parties, yet in the same breath, I have no remorse for the stabber, there is enough knowledge of the dangers of ccc's up in the air.

Once again, another fatality / violent act involving DXM, based upon the use of Coricidin Cough and Cold, is anyone else beginning to see a trend here?

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#6)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Online
your mom

Default 02-10-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
is anyone else beginning to see a trend here?
No.

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."
(#7)
Old
ashesofman Offline

Default 02-10-2006, 01:00 PM

The trend is stupidity, and irresponsible drug use, not coricidin cough and cold.
(#8)
Old
Monoliath Offline

Default 02-10-2006, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Walkaway@Feb 10 2006, 12:55 PM
Quote:
is anyone else beginning to see a trend here?
No.
Maybe I'm a crackpot, but almost every tragic / violent DXM news article I've read on this forum has involved the abuse of ccc's.

(#9)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Online
your mom

Default 02-10-2006, 01:05 PM

Without reliable statistics comparing the number of Coricidin (ab)users to the number of people who (ab)use other DXM preparations, we cannot make statements about trends.

Also, this kid used Coricidin 1.5 days prior to the stabbing. I don't see anything that indicates that Coricidin caused his actions.

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."
(#10)
Old
Monoliath Offline

Default 02-10-2006, 01:13 PM

Without reliable statistics comparing the number of Coricidin (ab)users to the number of people who (ab)use other DXM preparations, we cannot make statements about trends.

Agreed.

Also, this kid used Coricidin 1.5 days prior to the stabbing. I don't see anything that indicates that Coricidin caused his actions.

"Maybe I'm a crackpot, but almost every tragic / violent DXM news article I've read on this forum has involved the abuse of ccc's."