The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
stile Offline

Default 01-11-2006, 06:04 PM

I was introduced to Dex in the form of powder in mid 2000.
I have always prefered pure dex. It gives me a much better high.
The difference between pure and syrup to me is so great that i don't do syrup. Its not just a quantitative difference it is qualitative as well.
I think it is just me, because im surrounded by syrup chuggers, but for me it's the difference between night and day.
I wonder if it has anything to do with being introduced to dxm in its pure form.
(#12)
Old
pure Offline

Default 01-11-2006, 07:57 PM

You have no idea how happy I am to hear this, these guys almost killed me and my friend. It was not ODs that killed these kids It was something wrong with the drug. I was lucky to live as was my friend. This is great new almost a year later and all is fine oh and if you dont think im telling the truther here
http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=d...dsc037948uf.jpg

i remeber waking up at about 5 am and thinking i was in normady underwater

nerdweez: Holy shit, that was the funniest thing I've seen anybody post so far. You were feeling pretty good
(#13)
Old
Regurgitate Offline

Default 01-12-2006, 04:47 PM

Doesn't anyone find it odd that FIVE kids died from this? Anyone think the batch of dex they were selling was contaminated by something or did these guys just sell to retards with no scales?
(#14)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 01-12-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Regurgitate@Jan 12 2006, 04:47 PM
Doesn't anyone find it odd that FIVE kids died from this? Anyone think the batch of dex they were selling was contaminated by something or did these guys just sell to retards with no scales?
As vague as this entire story is, I'm willing to bet they were mixing high dxm powder doses (probably weren't using a scale) with high doses of alcohol / other drugs.

I could be wrong, it's just a hunch really...

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#15)
Old
Eloivore Offline
Retired mods

Default 01-12-2006, 08:30 PM

I don't think it's unreasonable that it could have been a bad batch. If so, I think it's probably more credible that it was contaminated with the levo enantiomer than with a precursor.

One thing I've always wondered about was how rigorous various companies were in resolving the two enantiomers (obviously the major manufacturers aren't going to screw this up, given the liability issues). Up until fairly recently, as far as I know, highly stereoselective synthesis wasn't available; I don't know how they resolved the two. Levomethorphan is an extremely potent opiate; if the potency of levorphanol is any indication, a high DXM dose worth of levomethorphan could kill hundreds of people.

Testing for this would be trivial, but are they going to do this, or are they just going to assume it was people being dumb? If you still have any of that batch, it could of course be submitted for testing.

"... the feverish delusions and utter helplessness is learned and best not overdone. quit sucking on the teat of dr mom" - libel

Me: "I can't believe they're making me teach Freshman biology. What am I going to do with a classroom full of 18 year olds?"
Pamela: "Try not to sleep with them?"

"the shittiest part about the internet is that we can mix baby taunts with heavier concepts, top it off with graphic imagery, and go home feeling like we just did something smart." - d8ff752
(#16)
Old
Shadow Offline

Default 01-12-2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bwhite@Jan 12 2006, 06:30 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable that it could have been a bad batch. If so, I think it's probably more credible that it was contaminated with the levo enantiomer than with a precursor.

One thing I've always wondered about was how rigorous various companies were in resolving the two enantiomers (obviously the major manufacturers aren't going to screw this up, given the liability issues). Up until fairly recently, as far as I know, highly stereoselective synthesis wasn't available; I don't know how they resolved the two. Levomethorphan is an extremely potent opiate; if the potency of levorphanol is any indication, a high DXM dose worth of levomethorphan could kill hundreds of people.

Testing for this would be trivial, but are they going to do this, or are they just going to assume it was people being dumb? If you still have any of that batch, it could of course be submitted for testing.
Yeah, it would be interesting to run a few tests on that powder. If levomethorphan was present, would you not feel the affects of that if you took a dose that would be appropriate for it? IE, instead of dosing in the 600mg range like it was DXM, take the dose that the levomethorphan would be active at? or is that not safe because it could be tainted? O_o I volenteer as a lab rat anyways. Shoot me up, scotty!

(#17)
Old
pure Offline

Default 01-12-2006, 10:11 PM

Well let me give you guys more info and maybe if we do discover that this was a bad batch with your help I mite try the drug again.

Me and 3 friends took about 750g each that night from this same site on jan 21 of 05
1 hour into started too feel the trip set. Me and friends are chilling who who took it is sitting behind us reading

about 15 mins later friend isnt responding he has turned grey with color and breathing in patterns of aobut 30 seconds a breath call 911 he is taken to hospital

me and other friend are fine the one friend pukes a lot in between this

i go to hospital tell everyone what had happen i return too the house

this is where i black out i guess i went to bed like normal friends woke up to me 2 hours later black and blue and breathing about every minute call 911 all that jazz i wound up in the hospital almost dead from not breathing i also vomitted at some point in this and got it in my lungs.

We never had the drug tested, but the thing is my friend did get a blood test and they did find opiates in his blood which can happen with dxm though it could have been something else.

Anyone have any ideas what else could have been in the drug to do that too us its just too odd that we almost died like these other kids when we had done it so many times and had all done it at higher doses

thank you for your help

i remeber waking up at about 5 am and thinking i was in normady underwater

nerdweez: Holy shit, that was the funniest thing I've seen anybody post so far. You were feeling pretty good
(#18)
Old
Eloivore Offline
Retired mods

Default 01-13-2006, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pure@Jan 12 2006, 10:11 PM
We never had the drug tested, but the thing is my friend did get a blood test and they did find opiates in his blood which can happen with dxm though it could have been something else.
Numerous people have been drug tested recently while on DXM, and while some have reported false positives for PCP, I'm not aware of anyone recently reporting a false positive for opiates. I'm even more convinced this was a bad resolution.

"... the feverish delusions and utter helplessness is learned and best not overdone. quit sucking on the teat of dr mom" - libel

Me: "I can't believe they're making me teach Freshman biology. What am I going to do with a classroom full of 18 year olds?"
Pamela: "Try not to sleep with them?"

"the shittiest part about the internet is that we can mix baby taunts with heavier concepts, top it off with graphic imagery, and go home feeling like we just did something smart." - d8ff752
(#19)
Old
Kaiserin Offline
Unseelie

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 01-13-2006, 09:41 PM

70,000 dollars worth... that's a lot of money to spend on a drug you don't know shit about.

Quote:
Alas, alas, what misery to be wise
When wisdom profits nothing! This old lore
I had forgotten; else I were not here.
~Tiresias, Oedipus Rex
(#20)
Old
TAP Offline

Default 01-13-2006, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bwhite+Jan 13 2006, 10:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bwhite @ Jan 13 2006, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pure@Jan 12 2006, 10:11 PM
Numerous people have been drug tested recently while on DXM, and while some have reported false positives for PCP, I'm not aware of anyone recently reporting a false positive for opiates. I'm even more convinced this was a bad resolution. [/b][/quote]
I can tell you this. I just went to a rehab clinic yesterday. I used 8oz CVS cough syrup and it showed positive for opiates. They asked me if i used oxycontin before i came in or something.......Now I don't know much about drug tests, this WAS NOT lab tested, all they did was make me piss in a cup, then she took it and dipped some tabs in it or something, and waited for the colors to change.........I don't know what kind of test this was, but they kept accusing me of using oxy's..

We got into a few arguments, the place wasn't for me, my 28days turned into 28hours....ahahahha

oh well

<span style=\'colorurple\'><span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\'>http://www.tapdxm.com</span></span>