The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#21)
Old
Queue Offline

Default 03-06-2005, 11:08 AM

This is pretty ridiculous.

Plenty of conspiracy theorists claiming to have hard evidence showing the 'government let it happen' have been published.

Also, Hunter once said something along the lines of always wanting to know that he has the option of suicide.

Think.
(#22)
Old
Eloivore Offline
Retired mods

Default 03-06-2005, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rfgdxm+Mar 6 2005, 08:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rfgdxm @ Mar 6 2005, 08:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bwhite@Mar 6 2005, 03:32 AM
Um, because it's Void's site?
Cynic. [/b][/quote]
I don't really see it as cynical. Any website, even a forum site, will tend to conform to the ontology of whoever has the greatest control over its content. I wouldn't necessarily have thought of putting this article here myself, but I don't think it's off-topic either given that we don't have a general news forum and HST does have some connection with DXM as you pointed out.

"... the feverish delusions and utter helplessness is learned and best not overdone. quit sucking on the teat of dr mom" - libel

Me: "I can't believe they're making me teach Freshman biology. What am I going to do with a classroom full of 18 year olds?"
Pamela: "Try not to sleep with them?"

"the shittiest part about the internet is that we can mix baby taunts with heavier concepts, top it off with graphic imagery, and go home feeling like we just did something smart." - d8ff752
(#23)
Old
Magus Phoenix Offline

My Mood: Inspired
Default 03-06-2005, 03:16 PM

Conspiracies abound, and they're going on right in front of your face...

Of course the Twin Towers were blown up by Bush's Amerikkka organization. That's old news, and it's the Truth. Watch the videos and read the reports. It's all public info, it's just unfortunate that the majority of the citizens of Amerikkka are starry-eyed, Bush-worshipping, life-hating, pseudo-Xian extremists, and ENEMIES of any sane human being that believes in spreading LOVE, LIFE, and PEACE!!!

Sadly, the Genius Hunter Thompson has most likely become a Martyr for True Freedom. May the spirit of his work inspire all to look beneath the surface, read between the lines, and "never turn your back on a drug..."(The drug in this case being amerikkkanism)

:chug:

"No matter how miserable you might be today, the duration of the misery is short in comparison with Eternal Bliss. When you have achieved the ultimate Godlike state, you will consider the pains of birth a small price to have paid for it."
---The Pilot

www.scientology.org

www.bonafidescientology.org
(#24)
Old
rfgdxm Offline

Default 03-06-2005, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bwhite@Mar 6 2005, 01:01 PM
I don't really see it as cynical. Any website, even a forum site, will tend to conform to the ontology of whoever has the greatest control over its content. I wouldn't necessarily have thought of putting this article here myself, but I don't think it's off-topic either given that we don't have a general news forum and HST does have some connection with DXM as you pointed out.
This site DOES have general news forum: World Affairs & Law. Check the allowed topics. And you call yourself a moderator? However, given that HST may well have been the most prominent public figure to admit to using DXM recreationally, I can see the relevance of that in the DXM News forum.

My site also has some unusual ontology. I have a copy of "Piss Factory" by Patti Smith available for download on my site. This song is relevant in the context of DXM arcana. The lyrics specifically mention using DXM in a recreationally. However, I don't see how I could justify that being on a *harm reduction* DXM website. The main reason that I have that on my site is annoyance at the media calling DXM (ab)use new. Given that Patti Smith quite obviously aware that Romilar could be used recreationally 31 years ago, I'd say this is pretty good evidence that it isn't anything new. That the lyrics are sexually explicit is another problem with it being on my site. However, are there really that many teens out there today who would be shocked by a mention of a blow job? However, I did add the obligatory "sexually explicit lyrics" warnings. Likely to the amusement of Europeans, who have a different attitude toward sexuality. [For those unaware, English profanity including "fuck" is basically untranslatable into French. French does have swear words. However, the sexual act is just considered ordinary. A literal translation of "fuck off" into French would just mean "have sexual relations elsewhere." To which someone in France would reply "I should surely hope so." ]

(As for the general MP3 section on my site, I do declare it on the home page a "personal indulgence". It's just easier (and cheaper) to do this with an existing domain name rather than putting it on another domain. I didn't mean to suggest that DXMers in general think genocide and sexually molesting children is bad, while interracial dating is OK. Just that I also think so. Probably the latter is still quite controversial.)

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/
http://www.coricidin.org/
(#25)
Old
leafy green Offline

Default 03-06-2005, 05:19 PM

what the fuck does it matter that the new york post JUST released some hack article about it

oh yeah THE SUN just talked about how dxm gets you high, they heard it from some junkie asshole

but because its in THE SUN im not going to believe it

thats all the evidence I need

i apologize
(#26)
Old
Hamletthunktoomuch

Default 03-06-2005, 06:43 PM

Quote:
This site DOES have general news forum: World Affairs & Law. Check the allowed topics. And you call yourself a moderator? However, given that HST may well have been the most prominent public figure to admit to using DXM recreationally, I can see the relevance of that in the DXM News forum.
Bottom line Void can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Quote:

Of course the Twin Towers were blown up by Bush's Amerikkka organization. That's old news, and it's the Truth. Watch the videos and read the reports.
I'd really appreciate it if you expounded upon these ideas and gave some details. I know it would take some effort, but I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm just going to dismiss it as goofiness.

Quote:
A literal translation of "fuck off" into French would just mean "have sexual relations elsewhere." To which someone in France would reply "I should surely hope so." ]
I would so belong in France. [side note: the word "belong" is fucking weird. Be Long. That has nothing to do with feeling at one with people...OR DOES IT???
(#27)
Old
House Offline
IRC Operators

My Mood: Breezy
Default 03-06-2005, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HrumaSet@Mar 6 2005, 11:16 AM

Of course the Twin Towers were blown up by Bush's Amerikkka organization. That's old news, and it's the Truth. Watch the videos and read the reports. It's all public info, it's just unfortunate that the majority of the citizens of Amerikkka are starry-eyed, Bush-worshipping, life-hating, pseudo-Xian extremists, and ENEMIES of any sane human being that believes in spreading LOVE, LIFE, and PEACE!!!

Sadly, the Genius Hunter Thompson has most likely become a Martyr for True Freedom. May the spirit of his work inspire all to look beneath the surface, read between the lines, and "never turn your back on a drug..."(The drug in this case being amerikkkanism)

Good post.

I'm not exactly convinced that HST was the victim of a government conspiracy, but this is something I wouldn't have thought of and am considering looking into.

With all the Bush deceptive, ulterior motives, conspiracies like this wouldn't come as a surprise, but the victim of said conspiracy does. Interesting thought... but I need more evidence on either side to make any real conclusions, personally.

It doesn't seem like the government would really go after Hunter, in a way, being that he was active as a counter-culture figure and I've never really heard anything about the government wanting to keep him, specifically, quiet. But on the other hand, a counter-culture piece could prove dangerous to the system, and being that details of HST's ideas weren't publicly widespread, it'd be the perfect opportunity to off him before anything really surfaced.

At the same time, I'm not sure how many Americans would take Hunter seriously, being that he had quite the party reputation, and this country is so filled with the Christian "family morals" bunch of bullshit hootenanny. lol, yeah, I'm totally undecided, there's a lot of angels to be vetted. :-/ I hope for HST that he did it on his own accord though, that he had control over his unexpected and untimely death.

Disclaimer: Any statements made on these forums under this handle should be vehemently disregarded, disbelieved, and taken with the least amount of seriousness possible.
(#28)
Old
Queue Offline

Default 03-06-2005, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HrumaSet@Mar 6 2005, 02:16 PM

Wrong.
(#29)
Old
leafy green Offline

Default 03-06-2005, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Queue+Mar 6 2005, 05:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Queue @ Mar 6 2005, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--HrumaSet@Mar 6 2005, 02:16 PM

Wrong. [/b][/quote]
TRULY AN AWE INSPIRING DISSERTATION ON WHY YOU, THE PRETENTIOUS FUCK, ARE SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE ELSE

i apologize
(#30)
Old
Hamletthunktoomuch

Default 03-06-2005, 06:56 PM

The caps lock in your mind is stuck, Spinach.