The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#31)
Old
dersoldat Offline

Default 07-30-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev+Jul 29 2008, 10:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyutchev @ Jul 29 2008, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dersoldat@Jul 29 2008, 09:26 PM
Of course they don't like you doing illegal stuff, but the only people I have ever met in the military who didn't smoke weed were the super religious guys. When you have a tough job they want you to be able to blow off steam in a nice way that does not involve beating your wife.
Makes sense. Seems like they'd be better off decriminalising marijuana at least and rationing it to the troops, as vapor posited. I imagine pot would actually help them chill out a bit... though maybe it could hurt in terms of getting people paranoid, I dunno. Opiates could work, but you wouldn't want guys getting the shakes and withdrawing during battle. [/b][/quote]
I think the reason weed is still very illegal in the military is due to the paranoia it can cause and also it makes you think too much about the stupid things they ask you to do.

In my experience the first few times smoking up after being in the military is was very paranoid about people finding out, smelling it, seeing my eyes red, etc. Also I kept thinking about all my friends and what a clusterfuck of incompetent characters they are.

I could see if people were not too experienced with drugs, it could really hit them sideways.

For me though it actually improves my work cause I use it responsibly. I figure if I can get the work done fast, and get it done right so it doesn't have to be redone, then I can go home and smoke a bowl. Its a great incentive, and there is really no downside since I cant afford to fall into the lazy stoner trap.