The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 04-08-2006, 12:32 AM

Take it easy Poss. You were a good guy. We'll miss you.

this is not a quote by polio vaccine
(#12)
Old
youph Offline
IRC Administrators

Default 04-08-2006, 03:00 AM

Upwards and onwards Poss
We all love you and miss you dearly
<3

Mental models are fuzzy, incomplete, and imprecisely stated. Furthermore, within a single individual, mental models change with time, even during the flow of a single conversation. The human mind assembles a few relationships to fit the context of a discussion. As debate shifts, so do the mental models. Even when only a single topic is being discussed, each participant in a conversation employs a different mental model to interpret the subject. Fundamental assumptions differ but are never brought into the open. Goals are different but left unstated. It is little wonder that compromise takes so long. And even when consensus is reached, the underlying assumptions may be fallacies that lead to laws and programs that fail. The human mind is not adapted to understanding correctly the consequences implied by a mental model. A mental model may be correct in structure and assumptions but, even so, the human mind--either individually or as a group consensus--is apt to draw the wrong implications for the future.
-Jay W. Forrester (1971). "Counterintuitive Behavior of Social Systems"

"we are not the super Walmart of internet sin"
-COLAALTDEL

he's going for that anti-marketing dollar, huge market
-Bill Hicks
(#13)
Old
start Offline

Default 04-08-2006, 03:48 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with Corey and his family.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
(#14)
Old
phantom_thief Offline
DV Ghost

My Mood: Amused
Default 04-08-2006, 03:51 AM

I feel a bit out of place posting in this thread, as I did not know poss except to read his posts on the boards here. Not once can I recollect having a forum conversation with him, or even replying to a post of his for that matter. As scarcely as I knew/knew of him, I can't help but be saddened by his untimely passing as a member of this community. If nothing else, poss and I shared a common bond, the dextroverse, a medium in which people of all walks come together with a singular interest to discuss anything and everything. This bond exists between all of us in this community, whether we realize it or not, and I think we are better for it.

Poss, though young and taken far to early, will live on in the hearts and minds of those who knew him, in the computers of people browsing the forums who dig up an old post, he will be remembered.

A Life cut short is still a life. Better to have enjoyed it for a short while than to never have experienced the joy, the pain, the sorrow, the happiness.

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.

-Abraham Maslow
(#15)
Old
dawhiterabbit Offline
My spoon is too big....

My Mood: Lurking
Default 04-08-2006, 06:06 AM

poss was a good dude...he wasone of the first to befriend me when i stumbled onto the DV. he will always be remembered. rest in peace brother!

(#16)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 04-08-2006, 06:35 AM

Much <3 to our departed member.

Rest in peace friend.

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#17)
Old
Kaiserin Offline
Retired mods

Default 04-08-2006, 11:24 AM

We've really lost one of us this time....

Rest in peace Poss, you're definitly missed <3

Quote:
Alas, alas, what misery to be wise
When wisdom profits nothing! This old lore
I had forgotten; else I were not here.
~Tiresias, Oedipus Rex
(#18)
Old
run_it

Default 04-08-2006, 01:08 PM

As tacky as my name change to Poss|undead it was meant as hopeful at the time is was made. Not having talked to Poss much I probably didn't have the right to make it though. Nevertheless this one's for Poss as I didn't know Corey.

Don't rest....give em no peace up there....start a nut house revolt and party till the pearly gates fall. I'll pour out a Robo for ya killer.

My condolences and apologies to his friends and family.

Run_It
(#19)
Old
krepta Offline
weirding way

Default 04-08-2006, 01:55 PM

love to you corey <3
(#20)
Old
Bevo Offline

Default 04-08-2006, 02:12 PM

As some of you may know, corey lived in my hometown for a long while. I really had fun when I was around him, as he was one of the only people I've ever gotten along with in this area. I was the first person he had ever tripped with, and sort of guided him along the dxm path. He was a very understanding person who was always there for me if I needed support, and he was very generous as far as sharing as well.

He would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it even if it was the only possesion he had. He was just that kind of a guy....

This one really hit home for me, as I've never had to endure the loss of such a good friend. He really was like a brother to me.

I would also like to say that I send the very best to his father and sister, as I know they have had to put up with a great deal within the past couple of years...

Rest in Peace Corey, I will always remember you bro...You allowed me to see things in this world I would have never seen on my own..

04-06-2006

YOU CANT HANDLE TEH DOGZEX