The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 04-07-2006, 08:11 PM

This topic has been heavily dicussed in the DV IRC Chat but not mentioned on the forums. This thread, as dicussed among staff, is mainly to clarify the situation surrounding Poss/Corey for his numerous friends in the dv community. It's been a tough time for people who knew Corey as a friend, or more, and this place post can serve as a place to express your love, your grief, or anything related to this unsettling event--and of course no flaming will be tolerated in this thread. Also, thanks to beth/d8 for helping compose the bulk of this post which was incredibly hard to make.

Corey Krichbaum, who most of you know as Poss/Posslipknot, died April 6, 2006. The exact facts surrounding his death are largely unknown, and not everything was fully confirmed. The following account is based upon IRC logs, and dicussions with Corey's sister. According to IRC logs, Corey had taken an undetermined amount of DXM. The night he took the DXM, had a seizure and was taken into the hospital. He was in a coma and several EEG scans found him to be braindead. On April 6th, he was taken off life support at the request of his father, after being given a prognosis of no chance to reawaken.

There is no evidence that Corey's death was a suicide. He was online on the dv chat and talking the afternoon before this entire thing occured. He has also been reported to, by a few people who knew him well, been taking seroquel, but that isn't confirmed. Before Corey was taken off life-support, his organs and blood-type was matched, and were used to save other people's lives who required blood or organs.

Please remember that using substances in your life is a personal choice, and even if it's against the law--people are going to do it anyhow. Please remember that there can be adverse effects, and when you start putting chemicals in your body, things can happen which you did not intend. Please, everyone, be safe with your choices.

My thoughts and condolences, and certainly those of the rest of the DV staff and family, goes out to his sister and his father. We can only imagine the hell his family is going through at this tough time. Please, do not attempt to contact the family, unless you knew Corey in real life, like many people in the DV did. Corey's memory will live on in all of us who knew him as friends, and everyone he impacted in his life. His memory will not be forgotten.

Please feel free to use this thread as a place to express your grief and emotions. If you need help or just someone to talk to, don't hesitate to ask others.

<3 poss
http://www.cuntbutter.org/poss/
(#2)
Old
Krystena Offline
Moderated Poster

My Mood: Twisted
Default 04-07-2006, 08:29 PM

<---

<3
(#3)
Old

My Mood: Lurking
Default 04-07-2006, 08:36 PM

Rest In Peace Corey <3
(#4)
Old
xkillamunchiesx Offline

My Mood: Goofy
Default 04-07-2006, 08:45 PM

This week has been one of the hardest in my entire life. It is still extremely hard to grasp and it seems so surreal. Its hard to think I wont get a call from Corey everynight or an IM when I sign on. Corey Allen was such an important part of my life and he will never be forgotten. I have shared a lot of great memories with him and I am grateful to have those. It is so hard to believe that he wont be there. He was there for some very hard times in my life and I will always love and appreciate him. I am so glad I talked to him Sunday and spent that night with him. Late night phone calls and sing alongs haha...thats my boy yo!

I have spoke to his family and know this is such a hard time for them as well. Corey had a rare blood type and he was able to save 6 lives with his organs. His heart will now be pumping to keep someone else alive...and in a way that comforts me. Corey was such a caring and giving person but he never had a chance to show his full potential and I guess now he got somewhat of a chance.

I will think what ifs for the rest of my life but I am so glad I got to know and share 3 years with such an amazing person. I love him more then he shall ever know.<3<3<3 Now and forever.

RIP April 6th 2006 8:00 PM RIP

#1 with a bullet :)

<3Danielle aka your emo girl!

(#5)
Old
colonelcorn Offline
walnut cracker

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 04-07-2006, 08:49 PM

RIP corey...so many plans to hang out that never happened, I regret that I never could go through with our plans...
(#6)
Old
strange_r

Default 04-07-2006, 10:08 PM

My condolences to all who knew Poss.
(#7)
Old
butta Offline

Default 04-07-2006, 11:14 PM

I was saddened to hear of Poss's death. Too whoever knew him, i'm truly sorry for your loss. I actually got to talk to him for the first time, the morning of his death. I would have never thought that that would have been the last time any of us would be able to talk to him again. I'm glad I got achance to spend the little time I did talking to him. He seemed to be a really cool guy. That morning he was making jokes and being really silly, thats one reason I noticed him and started chatting with him. I wish I could have had more time to get to know him. I know he was special in alot of you peoples eyes, that morning talking to him I could see why. Again I'm sorry. Take Care everyone. If you need to talk i'm always here, even if its just to listen.

</span><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gnarles Barkley)</td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'> "everybody is somebody / but nobody wants to be themselves / and if i ever wanted to understand me / id have to talk to someone else"
</td></tr></table><span class=\'signature\'>
(#8)
Old
SolitaireZeta Offline

Default 04-07-2006, 11:31 PM

I did not know Poss personally but offer my condolences.

(#9)
Old
GHINDER Offline
bringin' home the rain

My Mood: Inspired
Default 04-07-2006, 11:55 PM

no words :(

<3 rip <3

there's a moon-shaped hole in the night sky
(#10)
Old
FusionPuppy Offline

Default 04-08-2006, 12:01 AM

It can happen to anyone.

Breath in your life as long as you can.

I am not sure about the dv forum, but poss was a large Part of the DV IRC as i knew it.

For each day we are given a sense of peace, that can be broken in an instant.

Rest In Peace Poss

your annoying dver FusionPuppy <tears>