The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#21)
Old
Piscary's Peanuts Offline

Default 01-14-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blopnuts@Jan 14 2006, 06:54 PM
People somehow forget that straight sober people do just as much crazy illegal/silly shit as people on drugs, every day, and it usually involves money or someones emotions, or religion. In fact people kill each other over those 3 things more every day then a year's worth of drug related flip-outs! So lets just ban money, and religion! Emotions have to stay tho, they are the basis of humans.

The only reason officials even complain about a drug is because it wasn't stamped and certified, regulated, and taxed by them, so they arent making any money from it, and can't keep tabs on everybody.

So, let me get this article straight. Someone has brain enough to locate and purchase a chemical from the internet, and hide it from thier parents, but thier death is due to the seller's lack of labels/dosage? I dont buy it. At what point does personal responsibility kick in? For example, If I sell arrows and a bunch of people stab themselves with them is that my fault? NO. If i sell surfboards and you wipe out and snuff yourself on some coral is that my fault? NO. Arrows are dangerous, surfing is dangerous, drugs are dangerous. Learn how to use them all and you reduce your risk. Even professionals in each have accidents sometimes, but only where drugs are concerned do people start to piss and moan and point the finger at others.

/end rant
killing someone over money or emotions or religion is perfectly acceptable.
(#22)
Old
Aphostile Offline

Default 01-15-2006, 12:04 PM

I hope this place gets shut down. It's run by power tripping, elitist assholes anyhow.
(#23)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Offline
your mom

Default 01-15-2006, 07:26 PM

What makes you think that?

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."
(#24)
Old
Aphostile Offline

Default 01-15-2006, 10:25 PM

They do things like give useless trolls like unknownk-dork chat moderator powers then find it amusing when he abuses the hell out of them.

They plotted to drive chella into quitting. They are generally just engaging in hostility toward anyone who isn't "old school". What kind of really bright and healthy way to keep a community going is that?

They have been driving people out left and right lately. Maybe that's what they want. To be a bunch of losers sitting alone in a chat room basking in their greatness. It'll be the next t3p at this rate.

It's ok... what goes around comes around. They picked the wrong dog to jack with.
(#25)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Offline
your mom

Default 01-16-2006, 12:00 AM

Umm, I'm one of the staff and I didn't do any of that.

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."
(#26)
Old
Aphostile Offline

Default 01-16-2006, 01:15 AM

Yes well- 'Nitin had the integrity to actually give a damn that it happened, so I appreciate that. I definitely overreacted and I do apologize. I just depise it when I see abuses of power. It's a major pet peeve.

It's bad enough that the real world is full of people abusing their authoritai. That's for cops and politicians, not DV mods. I shouldn't have lumped you all into the same bunch and I imagine JoeHorne probably thought it would just be funny at the time.
(#27)
Old
ferk Offline

Default 01-16-2006, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Walkaway@Jan 15 2006, 11:00 PM
We all know that Walkaway secretly pulls the strings of this online puppet show.

Instead of crawling up the wall,
Why don't you open up, we'll talk,
I am ready, I am ready for a fall.
(#28)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 01-16-2006, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryun+Jan 16 2006, 03:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryun @ Jan 16 2006, 03:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Walkaway@Jan 15 2006, 11:00 PM
We all know that Walkaway secretly pulls the strings of this online puppet show. [/b][/quote]
But because I'm the one who helps Cliff get dressed every morning I hold the real power.

this is not a quote by polio vaccine
(#29)
Old
Vertigo Offline

Default 01-16-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphostile@Jan 15 2006, 09:25 PM
They do things like give useless trolls like unknownk-dork chat moderator powers then find it amusing when he abuses the hell out of them.

They plotted to drive chella into quitting. They are generally just engaging in hostility toward anyone who isn't "old school". What kind of really bright and healthy way to keep a community going is that?

They have been driving people out left and right lately. Maybe that's what they want. To be a bunch of losers sitting alone in a chat room basking in their greatness. It'll be the next t3p at this rate.

It's ok... what goes around comes around. They picked the wrong dog to jack with.
Like I said in a previous thread, there was no plotting to drive out Chella. Get it out of your skull. I like new and old school alike, as I base them on personality, not tenure.

Little boy gets a buzzing in his ear from a mosquito, and suddenly becomes wise.
(#30)
Old
since96 Offline

Default 01-16-2006, 05:40 PM

Haha I'm such a dextrovert.

We sit together,
the mountain and I,
until only the mountain remains

Li Bo