The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
waiting4nirvana Offline

Default 01-11-2006, 04:52 PM

Wow! For once in my life I am actually a member of a group that people lie that they are a member of! I have finally achieved the junior highschool definition of cool- too bad I'm a sophomore in college

Also, I have never suffered from the illusion of super powers such as flying whilst tripping but if it gets people scared without checking out the facts, the scaremongers have achieved their goal

<span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'>"Following the path of least resistance makes rivers and men crooked"
-Unknown</span></span>

<span style=\'color:blue\'><span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'>"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genious has its limits."
-Albert Einstein</span></span>

(#12)
Old
House Offline
IRC Operators

My Mood: Breezy
Default 01-11-2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xvall@Jan 10 2006, 06:39 PM
Talk about it. It doesn't even seem to be proofread. Grammatic errors abound.
I was going to post the same complaint-- this article is so poorly written that, if I had never heard of DXM before reading it, nothing would strike me as news-worthy. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.

Funny, I also thought it sounded like it was written by a journalism student-- probably high school. It's not just the grammar but the overall lack of flow... very unprofessional and as a result, not too convincing.

I find it unfortunate that they mentioned Beth and am not sure how I would feel if I were her, upon reading this nonsense. Beth is one of the good ones-- it's too bad the media won't drop it. Furthermore, the mention of the Dextroverse is interesting, I think. I almost see it is as doing more good than harm, in that if someone were to do any research on this topic, I think that the DV is a respectable and knowledgeable place to start. Of course I'd prefer to see favorable coverage, but I suppose you live with what's thrown in your direction.

Disclaimer: Any statements made on these forums under this handle should be vehemently disregarded, disbelieved, and taken with the least amount of seriousness possible.
(#13)
Old
Suburban_Prince Offline

Default 01-11-2006, 10:33 PM

watch a bunch of people join this place now lol

hopefully there wont be any undercover cops joining :P
(#14)
Old
Cola Offline
Metaprogrammers-lite

My Mood: Dead
Default 01-12-2006, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev@Jan 11 2006, 04:26 AM
no doubt Beth's unfortunate story is going to grow and twist itself into some sort of disgusting rumour-laden bullshit version of the truth, all at the hands of these media pigs.
That already happend and I am amazed that it is still happening. Motherfuck the media.

At the city gate and by your fireside I have seen you prostrate yourself and worship your own freedom,

Even as slaves humble themselves before a tyrant and praise him though he slays them.

Ay, in the grove of the temple and in the shadow of the citadel I have seen the freest among you wear their freedom as a yoke and a handcuff.
(#15)
Old
Spiritus Offline

Default 01-12-2006, 12:44 AM

Hahaha... they sure have done their research as usual.

eeeeeeegggggiiiiiiiiiiipppppppttttttooooooooooo Egipto
(#16)
Old
xeon Offline

Default 01-12-2006, 11:28 AM

I think that article is total bullshit and if it wasen't sourced, I would have thought it was fake because of all the errors in it. I think it's pretty sad that someone on the forums/irc wrote that article (because of the "dextrovert" thing- and I've never that term). Yet another blow to the rec users of DXM

I found myself <span style=\'colorurple\'>going away</span>, <span style=\'color:red\'>Never</span> wanting to go back again.
<span style=\'color:red\'>Leaving</span> all my thoughts behind Searching for some <span style=\'color:blue\'>new ones inside</span>.

(#17)
Old
Shadow Offline

Default 01-12-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xeon@Jan 12 2006, 08:28 AM
I think that article is total bullshit and if it wasen't sourced, I would have thought it was fake because of all the errors in it. I think it's pretty sad that someone on the forums/irc wrote that article (because of the "dextrovert" thing- and I've never that term). Yet another blow to the rec users of DXM
The article wasnt written by someone on the forums, unless you wrote it. The sentance structure matches pretty well.

(#18)
Old
GangGreen Offline

Default 01-12-2006, 05:19 PM

I never knew rapper dmx could possibly fit inside a bottle of cough syrup(magic trick?)

This shift will bring you many things. You will have all your powers back – the ability to create directly from the matter or matrix of reality, the ability to move forward or backward through time, the ability to perform what you would call “miracles.” You will have total Mastery, with all the “perks” that go with that, but you will also have the responsibility that goes with those “perks.” You will not have powers that you do also not have the wisdom to use properly.
(#19)
Old
Vertigo Offline

Default 01-12-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by harmony@Jan 11 2006, 04:16 PM
Beth is one of the good ones
You must be joking.

Only thing tragic about that even was inno's death.
(#20)
Old
blopnuts Offline
IRC Administrators

Default 01-14-2006, 07:54 PM

People somehow forget that straight sober people do just as much crazy illegal/silly shit as people on drugs, every day, and it usually involves money or someones emotions, or religion. In fact people kill each other over those 3 things more every day then a year's worth of drug related flip-outs! So lets just ban money, and religion! Emotions have to stay tho, they are the basis of humans.

The only reason officials even complain about a drug is because it wasn't stamped and certified, regulated, and taxed by them, so they arent making any money from it, and can't keep tabs on everybody.

So, let me get this article straight. Someone has brain enough to locate and purchase a chemical from the internet, and hide it from thier parents, but thier death is due to the seller's lack of labels/dosage? I dont buy it. At what point does personal responsibility kick in? For example, If I sell arrows and a bunch of people stab themselves with them is that my fault? NO. If i sell surfboards and you wipe out and snuff yourself on some coral is that my fault? NO. Arrows are dangerous, surfing is dangerous, drugs are dangerous. Learn how to use them all and you reduce your risk. Even professionals in each have accidents sometimes, but only where drugs are concerned do people start to piss and moan and point the finger at others.

/end rant

Visit my deviantART: http://blopnuts.deviantart.com