The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Arm Offline
Robotard

Default 09-14-2010, 10:36 PM

It only takes a few stupid fucks to ruin it for the rest of us. This applies to more than just drugs. You cant really blame the government here. Well, ok you can. But they didn't start it.
(#12)
Old
Decepticonus Offline

My Mood: Dexed
Default 09-14-2010, 10:43 PM

Yes I can blame the government actually. They didn't start it, but they got involved. It's not their problem nor their business.

With every choice we make, we literally create a world. History branches in two - creating one Earth where we made the choice and a second where we didn't. That's the secret of the universe you know? Billions of people, making billions of choices, creating infinite Earths. - Owlman
(#13)
Old
Arm Offline
Robotard

Default 09-14-2010, 10:48 PM

Its people like 5 Moms (5 MILFs), other scared parents and ER doctors who are putting pressure on the FDA. Don't forget to blame them.
(#14)
Old
Decepticonus Offline

Default 09-14-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm View Post
Its people like 5 Moms (5 MILFs), other scared parents and ER doctors who are putting pressure on the FDA. Don't forget to blame them.
Why not? It's their job to protect their own damn children, not your's, mine or anyone else's. Now if an outside force came in then, the yes the government should have the right to intervene.

And doctors only treat patients, it's not their job to change people. If a doctor started forcing everyone to eat healthy and so forth, well the need for doctors wouldn't be in such high demand any more.

With every choice we make, we literally create a world. History branches in two - creating one Earth where we made the choice and a second where we didn't. That's the secret of the universe you know? Billions of people, making billions of choices, creating infinite Earths. - Owlman
(#15)
Old
Colony Collapse Offline

My Mood: Tired
Default 09-14-2010, 11:13 PM

Feels bad man. D:

Feed Me Fear
(#16)
Old
Arm Offline
Robotard

Default 09-14-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticonus View Post
Why not? It's their job to protect their own damn children, not your's, mine or anyone else's. Now if an outside force came in then, the yes the government should have the right to intervene.

And doctors only treat patients, it's not their job to change people. If a doctor started forcing everyone to eat healthy and so forth, well the need for doctors wouldn't be in such high demand any more.
They are the ones lobbying the FDA to do something. Plus the sensationalist media scaring the ignorant masses. And don't forget that doctors also have a very powerful lobbying group: the AMA.

I would give the media the biggest blame for this. They gotta scare people with no attention span to get ratings. If they would just STFU then maybe DXM would return to the underground.

Last edited by Arm; 09-14-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: repeating myself
(#17)
Old
Decepticonus Offline

Default 09-14-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
They are the ones lobbying the FDA to do something. Plus the sensationalist media scaring the ignorant masses. And don't forget that doctors also have a very powerful lobbying group: the AMA.

I would give the media the biggest blame for this to the media. They gotta scare people with no attention span to get ratings. If they would just STFU then maybe DXM would return to the underground.
Any form of government intervention will always make sure DXM will never go underground. It is ignorance that brought this to the government and the government can never say no to regulation.
We hve parents telling the government that McDonald's make their kids fat, BECAUSE the parents forgot they have the right to choice, but they want their choice to be regulated by government institution.

(#18)
Old
Arm Offline
Robotard

Default 09-15-2010, 12:47 AM

At least the government cant ban us from the Choking Game. Yet.
(#19)
Old
kristur Offline

My Mood: Pensive
Default 09-15-2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
At least the government cant ban us from the Choking Game. Yet.
I would point out that this reminds me of the episode of Family Guy where the FCC censors real life, but only a dickhead would do that...
(#20)
Old
Randolph Carter Online
Extirpated

Default 09-15-2010, 06:41 AM

It's everyones fault.

It's our fault too.

For stealing dex. For doing dumb things on dex and garnering attention. For telling people who do not need to know about it.

For not doing enough to spread accurate information. For not standing up enough to those who tell us how to live. For not taking arms and...

Oh, just get ID'd? That's not so bad. Prescriptions are out of the question without a viable alternative OTC cough-suppressant (I hope).