The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
iRizzen Offline

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default FDA denies restriction on cough medication - 09-16-2010, 08:43 PM

Despite the rising numbers in people hospitalized for misuse and abuse of substance dextromethorpan (DXM), the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee concluded that the risks do not outweigh the benefits and did not warrant restricting DXM under the Controlled Substances Act.
The Drug Enforcement Agency has requested the committee to evaluate DXM’s potential for abuse as well as the control or prevent abuse of the substance especially among teen agers who opt for cheap and accessible high.
High doses of DXM, an ingredient in cough medicines, can cause euphoria and hallucinations and have resulted in hospitalizations over the past years. Majority of cough medicines that include Robitussin DM and Tylenol Cough would have been classified under the least restrictive level of “dangerous drugs” had the panel voted in favor of restricting the use of DXM. Under such, schedule V medications can only be sold at pharmacies and not at convenience stores or supermarkets.
To prevent abuse, the Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA), a trade group representing cough syrup manufactures said that cough medicines had a very low potential for abuse. It urged the federal government to pass laws currently before Congress that would introduce tougher restrictions on bulk sales of DXM as well as prohibiting the sale of cough medicines containing DXM to anyone under the age of 18.

Grandmother and her grandson sitting down for dinner when the Grandson says "Hey Gran, I cant find my pills have you seen them anywhere, there marked LSD." Grandmother turns and says fuck your pills boy we have bigger problems check out the dragons in the kitchen!"
(#2)
Old
Ubiquitous Offline
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Default 09-16-2010, 08:49 PM

link plz, and perhaps go in DXM news

---Lost in action---
(#3)
Old
iRizzen Offline

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 09-16-2010, 08:57 PM

Link: http://www.newsonwellness.com/1405/m...edication.html

Yes, sorry, can someone move this to the dxm news forum?

Grandmother and her grandson sitting down for dinner when the Grandson says "Hey Gran, I cant find my pills have you seen them anywhere, there marked LSD." Grandmother turns and says fuck your pills boy we have bigger problems check out the dragons in the kitchen!"
(#4)
Old
Migbee Offline
Shalom

My Mood: Mellow
Default 09-16-2010, 09:29 PM

i do not understand u.s. drug policy

i mean, i definitely think that dxm should be legal, but i also think that dxm is one of the harder drugs you can do. super intense. why does dxm get this special treatment from the FDA and DEA?

dxm proves that all drugs can be legalized and still be less dangerous than alcohol

Quote:
<td class="alt2"