The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 07-25-2003, 01:40 PM

In the hip-hop world, Sigel is a South Philly rapper of unquestioned skill who has established himself in a few short years as a formidable artist and businessman.

Police say that they do, and that Sigel's gangsta persona is all too real. Accused of attempted murder, Sigel also faces a separate federal firearms charge.

Twice when he was 15 and once at 16, Sigel was charged with aggravated assault. He was judged a delinquent, records show.

"He is no stranger to law enforcement," Philadelphia Police Lt. Michael Chitwood of Southwest Detectives said. "He's always straddled the line between good and evil."

In 1995, he was convicted of drug trafficking and placed on probation, Chitwood said.

This year, his troubles increased. On Jan. 9, police said, he was accused of breaking a man's eye socket in a fight.

While out on bail in that case, Sigel was seized by police after he fled a traffic stop at high speed in his Cadillac Escalade with a stolen .45-caliber pistol, police said. Chitwood said Sigel had two 16-ounce bottles of cough medicine and 43 Xanax and Percocet pills, a combination known as "pancakes and syrup."

READ ARTICLE : http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/6340429.htm

<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>
<span style=\'color:green\'>(Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator</span></span>
(#2)
Old
drdªv€

Default 07-25-2003, 01:56 PM

I wonder if IHOP will offer THAT on their menu now.
Pancakes & syrup indeed.
ROFLMAO
(#3)
Old
Væ§ølis Offline
Retired mods

Default 07-25-2003, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I wonder if IHOP will offer THAT on their menu now. LOL
hahahaha!

"The Dextroverse is moving...
The Dextroverse is somehow being"
(#4)
Old
ashtar7

Default 07-25-2003, 02:10 PM

Thats really funny, one of the first phrases I ever coined on dxm (about 4 years ago) was "Time is syrup and were on a fucking pancake."
(#5)
Old
criminal

Default 07-25-2003, 02:36 PM

I don't know about the guys songs, but sounds like he has a good choice of drugs. Where does one obtain 16 oz bottles of cough syrup?
(#6)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 07-25-2003, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by criminal@Jul 25 2003, 06:36 PM
I don't know about the guys songs, but sounds like he has a good choice of drugs. Where does one obtain 16 oz bottles of cough syrup?
They made that part up, they meant 2 bottles equaling 16oz, since the pham companies in the US don't make 16oz bottles.

I also have my own suspicions about "pancakes and syrup" weather they coined that phrase in the creation of this article. Who knows, i personally have never heard of that before, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

peace,
Nitin

<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>
<span style=\'color:green\'>(Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator</span></span>
(#7)
Old
robojunkie

Default 07-25-2003, 11:25 PM

it prolly is real i can remember like 6 years ago in memphis hearin about gangstas carryen baby bottles with vodka and tussin in em. that was my inspiration to do the robo walk sippin on the sizzzryup.
(#8)
Old
criminal

Default 07-26-2003, 01:09 AM

the group 3 6 mafia that did sippin on sizurp is from memphis to so your probably right.
(#9)
Old
kingtexAs

Default 07-26-2003, 03:22 AM

Syrup is slang for codeine, at least around here.

The "cough medicine" the article is referring to is most likely codeine. Two sixteen oz. bottles are not hard to find at all.

It's called syrup around here because it's easiest to find in liquid form, and it has a syrupy texture.

If anyone has ever heard of "screwed" hip-hop remixes, codeine is the main reason it was first made, and you should try listening to some while under the influence of codeine. It's quite trippy. :P

I know this is too much information. And all you could probably give a rat's ass. I'm just under the influence of a particular illegal drug, which I'd rather not mention. And I tend to talk a lot, or give out a lot of information, when I'm on it.

Thanks for reading, and happy tripping.

-kingtexAs
(#10)
Old
Thrift Nine

Default 07-27-2003, 11:00 AM

Yeah, around here sippin on syrup means the kind with codiene in it.