The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Choker Offline
skyler..

My Mood: Blah
Default 10-22-2009, 07:14 AM

what gets me is....every fucking month has multiple "awareness" things going on...it makes me sick..Like anyone really gives a fuck. Fuck Ohio. If your kid died I'm sorry but..blah. When I was under 18 I cared if dxm was age resricted. Hell alot of stores didn't sell to me when I was under 18. But I scouted out the ones that did. Now that I'm 19 its like, ok...I don't care. But this was an 18 year old. It was his dumb choice to mix what he did. Should underage kids have access to dxm? I don't know. Being of age, it doesn' tmatter to me. Would I buy dxm for my underage friends? Maybe.

/end rant. I've had too much caffeine.

Can't tell me nothing now, baby I know how to fly
Can't nothing hold me down, I'm gonna touch the sky
(#12)
Old
TheDmachine Offline

My Mood: Cool
Default 10-22-2009, 08:17 AM

People need to take responsibility for themselves and not stop trying to SAVE the world.
It's terrible her kid died. But kids die...people die... everyone dies. It's life.
(#13)
Old
Quon Offline
Master Ninja

My Mood: Cheerful
Default 10-22-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Green Peace - enemies to freedom
Haha I hate these motherfuckers... one of their reps called me for like six months (after signing a petition) asking for twenty bucks. I kept holding out the carrot by saying I'd do it next time... just for the sake of screwing with the rep; just for fun of course. Eventually he just stopped calling.

I don't see how carding people under 18 for DXM is antithecal (is that a word?) to freedom. It's the kids abusing DXM that are causing the responsible adult users any potential problems: they can't handle it and end up in psych wards or getting in trouble with their parents/school/friends/law/etc etc. Card the little twats so that they can't get it and cause trouble for the rest of it. Hell make it so people have to ask for DXM containg products so that the little fuckers can't steal it AND get habituated to it.

Why do think all of this? So that we can keep DXM accessible for responsible users (both recreational and medicinal).
(#14)
Old
TheDmachine Offline

Default 10-23-2009, 12:10 AM

I agree, but the next step will be limiting how many bottles you can buy at once, then after that what....completely banning the substance/
The government doesn't have a very good track record defending our freedoms, it seems if you give an inch they take a mile.

And yes Green Peace are worse than the nazis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quon View Post
I don't see how carding people under 18 for DXM is antithecal (is that a word?) to freedom. It's the kids abusing DXM that are causing the responsible adult users any potential problems: they can't handle it and end up in psych wards or getting in trouble with their parents/school/friends/law/etc etc. Card the little twats so that they can't get it and cause trouble for the rest of it. Hell make it so people have to ask for DXM containg products so that the little fuckers can't steal it AND get habituated to it.

Why do think all of this? So that we can keep DXM accessible for responsible users (both recreational and medicinal).
(#15)
Old
Quon Offline
Master Ninja

Default 10-23-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
I agree, but the next step will be limiting how many bottles you can buy at once, then after that what....completely banning the substance/
The government doesn't have a very good track record defending our freedoms, it seems if you give an inch they take a mile.
While it's true... I guess it seems to me that the kids ending up in the ER or flunking out of school is what is 'causing so much heat in the first place. What we really need to do is adjust the way that we treat adolescences in general so that they don't see a need to abuse drugs in order to escape from whatever hell they perceive themselves to be in.

As long as help cut down on the problems with the younger people... I doubt they'll give responsible adults any trouble. Besides... whether or not someone takes robitussin by the teaspoon or the bottle... the distributors/stores will never know as long as there isn't any external troubles.

Quote:
And yes Green Peace are worse than the nazis.
Haha, I'm glad that you agree with me on this one. I mean I'm quite clear about my stance on them... but I'm curious to see what your experience has been with them.
(#16)
Old
TheDmachine Offline

Default 10-23-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quon View Post
Haha, I'm glad that you agree with me on this one. I mean I'm quite clear about my stance on them... but I'm curious to see what your experience has been with them.
They support a change to 100% organic farming. Unfortunately organic farming yields far less food per acre. According to Norm Borlog, a winner of the noble prize, a doctor in agricultural science, if the whole world uses organic farming we will only have enough food to feed 4 billion people.

That means 2 billion will die, so GreenPeacers can pat themselves on the back at night.

They are against CO2 output but still don't support nuclear energy. How the fuck else are we going to power the world? WIND? SOLAR? Impossible to power huge cities, cars, factories, on purely wind, solar...

On a sunny day only several hundred watts of energy hit a square meter of land. Meaning even with the most efficient solar panels they can only generate a few hundred watts of electricity per meter square per hour, that's assuming 100 percent efficiency (when infact it could probably at most achieve a tenth of that). The average home uses probably 20,000 watts a day. We'll have to cover the fucking world with solar panels.

Nuclear is the only option other than Petroleum products, and still they don't support it.

They are purely political. Even the original co-founder of Green Peace has left the organization and now also is very vocal that it has turned into a political entity that really doesn't give a damn about the environment.

The French have done one thing right through out history, and that's sinking the Rainbow Warrior (GreenPeaces original Ship).
(#17)
Old
Quon Offline
Master Ninja

Default 10-23-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
They are purely political. Even the original co-founder of Green Peace has left the organization and now also is very vocal that it has turned into a political entity that really doesn't give a damn about the environment.
This is why I didn't like them... it was like they were into their charade rather than promoting an effective cause. That and they always wanted my wallet.

However, it was pretty funny when they called all the time and I'd be high as hell talking to one of their reps on the phone saying shit like: "Well, that's great because I hate the environment and want to make sure that the planet burns". Green Pea$e sucks.

Quote:
The French have done one thing right through out history, and that's sinking the Rainbow Warrior (GreenPeaces original Ship).
Haha, right on.

(#18)
Old
MaslowK Offline
Self Destruct Absolutive

My Mood: Buzzed
Default 10-24-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina View Post
But telling these kids not to take dxm b/c it will make them hallucinate and crap is just going to make a lot of them want to do it more, and possibly when they've never even heard about it before.
Sort of off topic but funny you mention that, the main reason I started doing DXM was because I wanted the trippy LSD induced hallucinations my uncle described to me when I was 8 :P

Edit: nevermind, this whole thread has gone off-topic

'Yeah man I tell ya what man that dang ol’ internet man you just go in on there and point and click talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there man just go click click click click click it’s real easy man."
http://myspace.com/kingkow

Last edited by MaslowK; 10-24-2009 at 03:17 AM.