The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#21)
Old
Kaiserin Offline
Retired mods

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 01-27-2008, 03:38 AM

Quote:
reverse sexisim
I just have to laugh anytime somebody uses the term 'reverse *ism.'

Quote:
Alas, alas, what misery to be wise
When wisdom profits nothing! This old lore
I had forgotten; else I were not here.
~Tiresias, Oedipus Rex
(#22)
Old
krepta Offline
weirding way

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 01-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie1456@Jan 27 2008, 12:32 AM
Sorry for the mix up, I have never expirienced an OEV with DXM so I guess that wasn't my place to say. Only time I have an OEV's with an otc medication was with DPH. But the story says 2 bottles, according to several people here it would take high doses chronically to produce OEV's, so how the hell would two bottles do it?
first, not everyone is going to have the same effects at the same doses (of anything). it's possible to experience visual hallucinations on "two bottles", just maybe not so probable. but how probable is it that one is going to kill someone while on dxm anyway?

second, and more important i think, is that the writer of the article very likely doesn't care about the subject's specific experience re: OEVs or anything else. there are so many generalizations about drug use in this article that the main impression i get is "drugs = seeing shit = murder". i'm not sure how nitpicky you can reasonably be about a detail in the article's title that seems unlikely (headlines are for attracting eyes and not too much else in my experience with this sort of reporting). if you want to go in that direction, the main thing to call into question is the entire attitude that drug abuse specifically causes violent crimes.
(#23)
Old
jaytown Offline

Default 01-28-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
murder
When spelled backwards it red rum.
red rum = mur der

When I read the last post, that's where I got that from. I thought it was funny enough to share

mastermind
can't catch what you can't see
can't take what you can't find

It's hard getting away with being a crooked admin, if your files can't pass a md5 checksum test
(#24)
Old
Companion Cube Offline
Krystal

My Mood: Dexed
Default 01-28-2008, 01:43 PM

youve obviously have never read (or seen) the shining
but yea getting back on topic....

Oh wait i get it now . HEH yea that is funny

<span style=\'font-size:9pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'font-family:Geneva\'><span style=\'color:red\'> your an odd one cube, and thats saying somin, being considered odd within the DV -Roboking</span></span></span>
<span style=\'color:green\'>Yea im a myspace whore now http://www.myspace.com/xanticitizenonex</span>
<span style=\'colorurple\'>Companion Cube, without even meaning to, you've helped me through some bad trips. I'll be having a bad trip and then I'll look at the compooter and say, "Oh goodness! A Companion Cube!" and I feel all better and it keeps me sane.
-orwell1984</span>
(#25)
Old

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 01-28-2008, 01:45 PM

maybe she took the DXm so that she could do it.

you get what you give, you know what I mean-Dave Wyndorff

my 8 year old son is also prescribed adderal, but i take that myself for recreational effects. so i give him dextromethorphan, the main ingredient in cough syrup, and it seems to be working miracles in his life!!!! -fish52986

Best get to it, them there hipsters aint gonna beat themselves up!

"Wanna buy some pictures."
(#26)
Old
Hot Rod Zoidberg Offline
Too much, the Magic Bus

My Mood: Cheerful
Default 01-28-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Murzor+Jan 26 2008, 04:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Murzor @ Jan 26 2008, 04:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Cookie1456@Jan 25 2008, 11:48 PM
I mean you don't really see things that aren't there like monsters and shit, you might have patterns of colors and shit.
you can certainly have full on realistic hallucinations on sufficient doses of dxm (especially during binges (and plateau sigma)), in fact i've had them before.

i agree with the general consensus that she likely had mental problems prior to using dxm, and it likely tipped her over the edge.

i also take slight offense to the labeling all non-medicinal dxm users as addicts, but i realize that a significant proportion of us are.

this event generally saddens me. [/b][/quote]
Im sorry if I have never had OEV's before and if my info is misleading. I was quoting this saying that two bottles couldn't produce oev's. Oh shiy I am fucking DXMstoned.

(Found my old signature I made)
My YouTube account - My Wikipedia account

My facebook (clicky clicky)
Total money donated to Dextrovese: $188
(#27)
Old
SpiralDarkSeraphim Offline
Languid Lover in Rapture

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 01-29-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Someone claims they were high, that's good enough. Drugs caused it, drugs are evil, etc. We take these stories with a grain of salt but they are precisely the stories the straight audience wants to hear.
Agreed. I find this infuriating at times but it's a fact of life. It causes the drug using community a lot of grief.

Quote:
I just have to laugh anytime somebody uses the term 'reverse *ism.'
I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
maybe she took the DXm so that she could do it.
That's an interesting possibility...I've taken drugs to get the nerve to do things many times.

Quote:
This is truely messed up... The sentence was NOT enough. She knew what she was doing..
How do you know what she was thinking? It sounds as if she was obviously in a psychotic state to me.

I was hatched out of a witch's egg - Been doomed to fly high - Like a crane with no legs
(#28)
Old
nina Offline
. . .

My Mood: Lurking
Default 01-30-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jaytown@Jan 28 2008, 12:36 PM
Quote:
murder
When spelled backwards it red rum.
red rum = mur der

When I read the last post, that's where I got that from. I thought it was funny enough to share
where have you been? lol
(#29)
Old
pcpman Offline

Default 08-31-2008, 09:59 PM

Wow, this crazy shit happened in my home town of Windsor Ontario Canada. I never even heard of this. These kind of things aren't supposed to happen in Canada.
(#30)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Offline
your mom

Default 09-01-2008, 01:00 AM

I like to get dexed and fight cops. Last weekend, I got shot 200 times - but I just kept going. :chug:

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."