The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
Migbee Offline
think vast

My Mood: Relaxed
Default 05-29-2006, 11:52 PM

Drug found in pure form of cough remedy banned

Published May 26, 2006

SPRINGFIELD -- Gov. Rod Blagojevich signed into law Thursday a bill banning the sale of the pure form of a drug commonly found in over-the-counter cough medicines.

The law would make illegal to sell, possess, deliver or distribute dextromethorphan, known as DXM, unless it was obtained through a prescription or an over-the-counter medicine, such as Robitussin, which contains acceptable doses of the drug, Blagojevich said.

The law, which takes effect immediately, arose from the September 2003 death of an Illinois State University student who overdosed on DXM bought in pure form over the Internet, according to a statement from the governor's office.

"The idea that kids can go on line and easily get their hands on a dangerous drug is appalling," Blagojevich said.

DXM, used to get a high or feel hallucinogenic effects, also can cause confusion and dizziness to vomiting and rapid heart beat, according to the Partnership for a Drug-Free America Web site. DXM is also known as "skittles," "robo" or "Triple C," the partnership site said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/w...ack=1&cset=true

I dream of cherry pies, Candy bars, and chocolate chip cookies
We used to microwave, Now we just eat nuts and berries
This was a discount store, Now it's turned into a cornfield
Don't leave me stranded here, I can't get used to this lifestyle

(#2)
Old
ferk Offline

Default 05-30-2006, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Migbee@May 29 2006, 10:52 PM
Drug found in pure form of cough remedy banned

Published May 26, 2006

SPRINGFIELD -- Gov. Rod Blagojevich signed into law Thursday a bill banning the sale of the pure form of a drug commonly found in over-the-counter cough medicines.

The law would make illegal to sell, possess, deliver or distribute dextromethorphan, known as DXM, unless it was obtained through a prescription or an over-the-counter medicine, such as Robitussin, which contains acceptable doses of the drug, Blagojevich said.

The law, which takes effect immediately, arose from the September 2003 death of an Illinois State University student who overdosed on DXM bought in pure form over the Internet, according to a statement from the governor's office.

"The idea that kids can go on line and easily get their hands on a dangerous drug is appalling," Blagojevich said.

DXM, used to get a high or feel hallucinogenic effects, also can cause confusion and dizziness to vomiting and rapid heart beat, according to the Partnership for a Drug-Free America Web site. DXM is also known as "skittles," "robo" or "Triple C," the partnership site said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/w...ack=1&cset=true
dude wtf

Instead of crawling up the wall,
Why don't you open up, we'll talk,
I am ready, I am ready for a fall.
(#3)
Old
Karmakaze Offline

My Mood: Twisted
Location: on a spinning rock revolving around a massive sphere of plasma
Default 05-30-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
DXM is also known as "skittles," "robo" or "Triple C,"
I don't know what's more appauling, the amount of kids dying each week from CCC abuse, or how the media keeps mixing Coriciden and pure DXM together as if they were the exact same thing.

Click the glowing shroom to visit my site
(#4)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 05-30-2006, 05:17 PM

This is a follow-up to this thread http://www.dextroverse.org/forums/index.ph...ST&f=15&t=30993 which stated that there was a bill in the IL house to make it illegal.

On another note, DXM is also being considered for becoming illegal in it's powdered form in the U.S. Congress--please see DXM Dicussion for that thread.

<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>
<span style=\'color:green\'>(Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator</span></span>
(#5)
Old
the answer Offline

Default 05-31-2006, 04:18 PM

This source says that the law will take affect immediatley, however the illinois state governemnt site says it wont take affect untill jan. 1, 2007.
Quote:
House Bill 4300 imposes stiff penalties on offenders who possess, sell, or attempt to sell dextromethorphan that is not received as a prescription or in an over-the-counter form – for instance, its pure form sold over the internet. Possession of DXM alone is a Class 4 felony punishable by 1-3 years in prison. The sale or possession with intent to sell is a Class 2 felony punishable by 3-7 years in prison. The legislation, effective January 1, 2007, passed unanimously in both chambers of the General Assembly.
http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/Show...D=2&RecNum=4922

I keep fussin cuz i cant down that tussin.
(#6)
Old
SpiralDarkSeraphim Offline
Languid Lover in Rapture

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 06-02-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I don't know what's more appauling, the amount of kids dying each week from CCC abuse, or how the media keeps mixing Coriciden and pure DXM together as if they were the exact same thing.
Even though CCC use is considerably more dangerous than use of pure DXM, especially in high doses...DXM alone has actually caused deaths.

Still sucks that they are starting to crack down on the pure DXM powder, I've only even tried it once.

I was hatched out of a witch's egg - Been doomed to fly high - Like a crane with no legs
(#7)
Old
Charos Offline

Default 06-03-2006, 06:58 AM

It's a shame, though I'm not the least surprised. Thankfully I'm in Canada, and with Robitussin CoughGel's around it doesn't really matter. I can go without the kickass flavor of Robert's "psychedelic booze" dancing on my tongue :P

*+_Charos_+*

http://www.darkwars.org/index.php?a=click&id=103438

"Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
--Nietzsche
(#8)
Old
jaytown Offline

Default 06-05-2006, 09:43 AM

this law isn't going to make a difference. As of january 1, 2007 there will be a new blackmarket drug to profit from: good job illinois :thumbsup: I think illinois, should enforce the actual laws that they already have instead of keep making new laws.

mastermind
can't catch what you can't see
can't take what you can't find

It's hard getting away with being a crooked admin, if your files can't pass a md5 checksum test
(#9)
Old
Xvall Offline
Diabolique ou Divin?

My Mood: Cheerful
Default 06-06-2006, 05:45 AM

I never got to try it and now I never well thanks to my asshat of a governer. I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH YOUR NIECE MR. BLAGOJEVICH AND SHE'S DUMB AS HELL. (True story.)

11:18 am, Greenwich Mean Time, December 21, 2012 AD.
" Ninety years ago I was a freak. Today I'm an amateur. "
(#10)
Old
trixieann Offline

My Mood: In Love
Default 06-06-2006, 07:27 AM

Yeah this article is a little bit troubling. It made me go out and buy a huge stash again before it's illegal here too... lol....

~trixieann~