The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#21)
Old
catgravy Offline

Default 04-08-2006, 02:18 PM

poss
<3 rip
your loss is a great one to everone
you will live on in all of us
(#22)
Old
vapor Offline
IRC Operators

Default 04-08-2006, 02:24 PM

ive known poss since ive been part of the dv, since before 03. I really didnt know him personally enough to say wether or not he would do something like this intetionally; but in all personal honor to him, and just from my own knowledge of poss, he would never have intentionally tried to commit suicide. Which is why this came as such a shock to me.. The last time i talked to corey, was on the 5th of april, and i had talked to him a bit about dxm, and how i was about to dose, and he was saying he was going to get some, and not like anyone should have caught that as maybe dangerous, because while he always had a very real, and gritty portrayal of the world outside; we all knew he just had a way of relating to us in that way, so that we could understand and i dont think any of us would have thought him to die in such a way, him of all people here..

I hadnt even dropped in the dv since the 5th until just now, a few minutes ago. Upon reading the topic i was hit with an immediate feeling of what had happened; but still i tried to think of other alternatives, maybe he went abroad, perhaps hes just in the hospital. Thats how taken aback i really was at this news.

Poss was like a regular at the dv, and more than that, he was a part of it and its history. Alot of people may not consider it that large of a deal, but to alot of us the DV IRC channel, and the forums here have been there to help us find like minded friends, that could understand us and accept us for who we are and still want to be our friends. And i think poss was just as much a part of that, as anyone else here.

i know your resting peacefully, finally, forever. we'll all miss you corey.

(#23)
Old
Vega Offline
Retired mods

Default 04-08-2006, 03:34 PM

I'm not sure that I ever really talked to Poss, but he seemed like a great person and his death is a very sad and unfortunate thing. It is wonderful that he was able to save 6 other lives I hope that the thought of that will help those who were closest to him. To those people, I am very sorry for your loss.

<3 Vega

I'll march slowly and I'll never forget
How the music stopped or the feel of your breath.

(#24)
Old
Mircol Offline

Default 04-08-2006, 06:26 PM

though I hardly knew him, i miss poss dearly. his passing saddens us all

rest in peace, brother and friend

<span style=\'color:green\'>For 'being' is abstraction, as is even 'the I'. Only I am not abstraction alone: I am all in all, consequently, even abstraction or nothing: I am all and nothing; I am not a mere thought, but at the same time I am full of thoughts, a thought-world.</span>

<span style=\'color:red\'>http://www.dinosaurswilleatyou.com/ </span>
(#25)
Old
Einherjar Offline
Jeg er Norsk

My Mood: Bored
Default 04-09-2006, 05:49 AM

...people need to quit fucking dying... One of my friend's dads just died. my ex-gf/really good friend's grandma is going to die in the next few months, corey's gone. seriously. What the fuck?
(#26)
Old
krepta Offline
weirding way

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 04-09-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Drage Av Lys@Apr 9 2006, 03:49 AM
...people need to quit fucking dying... One of my friend's dads just died. my ex-gf/really good friend's grandma is going to die in the next few months, corey's gone. seriously. What the fuck?
yeah it's not going to stop <3 <3

BLAH

i have been wearing corey's bahamas tshirt for about a million days now, it feels like. i wish people i love would stop dying too but i guess it's like this for everyone intimately involved with the human race. blech.

take care of yourselves everyone i love you
(#27)
Old
Om Namah Shivaya Offline
Retired mods

Default 04-09-2006, 06:57 PM

Poss, Corey, I apologize that you and I never spoke, you were part of a community that we both cherish and that cherishes you. You were an explorer, just as we all are, and the wild took you.

Most people are offered final goodbyes by death, they are given the consideration of time to play their parts out totally and with finality. Death was not so kind to you.

We are the flute, our music is all Thine;
We are the mountains echoing only Thee;
And movest to defeat or victory;
Lions emblazoned high on flags unfurled-
Thy wind, invisible, sweeps us through the world.

-Rumi

(#28)
Old
Masonna Offline

Default 04-10-2006, 02:24 AM

wow, rest in peace man

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester
Treat me like a god or they treat me like a leper
You see me move back and forth between both
I'm trying to find a balance
I'm trying to build a balance"

-Atmosphere
(#29)
Old
HalifaxRage Offline

My Mood: Flirty
Default 04-10-2006, 07:15 AM

Keep on keepin' on, bro.
(#30)
Old
S0up Offline
I Lurk Too Much

Default 04-10-2006, 11:36 AM

Wow, how did I ever miss this thread? I hardly was active in the IRC room but the few times I did Poss was sure to make things more interesting. Definetly was a cool character and it's sad to see him go.