The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Default 10-05-2003, 02:14 PM

BOSTON -- It's a drug celebrated by teenagers for causing dangerous psychedelic effects, yet it's being sold over the counter in grocery stores and pharmacies everywhere. It causes paranoia, excitability, brain damage, memory loss and psychological addictions, and is responsible for a growing number of teen overdoses in the United States. The drug is called dextromethorphan (DXM), and teenagers have no problem finding it.

Approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 1958 for the suppression of coughs, DXM is an over-the-counter drug found in more than 80 varieties of cough syrups in brands such as, Robitussin, Vicks Formula 44, and Drixoral Cough liquid caps. Not all medicines under these brands, however, contain the drug since most brands put out several formulations. The drug is found in a variety of forms, including gel caps, capsules and syrup and can be extracted from liquid cough syrup. It can be then taken orally, injected or snorted, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services

DXM is in a class of drugs recognized as dissociative anesthetics, known for immobility and disassociation from self. It has side effects comparable to street drugs PCP and ketamine. It is commonly abused by teens for its hallucinatory properties and it's ability to prolong and enhance the effects of other drugs, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

READ ARTICLE: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/health/253...798/detail.html

me -><-assholes
(#2)
Old
murmuraltdel

Default 10-05-2003, 04:15 PM

Quote:
It can be then taken orally, injected or snorted, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services
(#3)
Old
DXmethorphan420 Offline

Default 10-05-2003, 04:34 PM

all i gotta say is..

hahahahahaha

See i think drugs have done some good things for us, i really do, and if you dont belive drugs have done some good things for us. Do me a favor, go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, all your cd's and burn em. Cause you know what, the musicians who made all that great music thats enhanced your lives throughout the years.

rrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs.

__________________________________________________ __

oxycontin.xanax bars.percocet.and lortab.valiums.morphine patches.extacy.and its all up for grab.
(#4)
Old
[]\/[]ISFIT

Default 10-05-2003, 07:21 PM

man who the hell would wanna inject or snort dxm
(#5)
Old
pr0zac Offline
Retired mods

Default 10-05-2003, 09:19 PM

Wow, That is about the WORST DXM article I've ever read...

-zac

<d8ff752> wheres my yam daddy at
<d8ff752> pr0zac is the yam-daddy

yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams
(#6)
Old
Marowana Offline

Default 10-05-2003, 10:39 PM

Wow, how biased :P

The Trees
"For we are like tree trunks in the snow. In appearance they lie sleekly and a little push should be enough to set them rolling. No, it can't be done, for they are firmly wedded to the ground. But see, even that is only appearance."
-Franz Kafka

Bibamus, edamus, cras moriemur
(#7)
Old
Spiritus

Default 10-06-2003, 03:15 PM

Another very uninformed article by American media.

A little interesting fact here...

Quote:
DMX is particularly dangerous for people taking any type of antidepressant, especially those taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, diet drugs like phentermne, fenfluramine, or phen-fen, and nondrowsy antihistamines and allergy medications, such as Allegra, Seldane, and Hisminal.
Apparently phen-fen causes organ damage, according to the legal ad I seen on television. If you phone in, you can get part of a cash settlement...
(#8)
Old
Jogey

Default 10-06-2003, 10:40 PM

THey need to see the light....Dexalism to the rescue!
(#9)
Old
SnarkBot Offline

Default 10-07-2003, 11:25 AM

hahahahah snorted. i tried to snort a couple lines of dxm powder one time. the key word is tried. after i took the first one the face it felt like the inside of my head was melting, and my sinuses and shit got swollen (it sounded like i had a bad cold for a few day.) then i rolled around on the floor in pain for a few minutes. then i was like "woah, im fucked up". so i strongly recomend not snortin dxm, unless you enjoy snortin salt n pepper or mace.

once you get bord your never the same..
(#10)
Old
Spiritus

Default 10-07-2003, 07:39 PM

woah, mace, pepper and salt? i'm down with snorting that.

dxm lines here i come. i have iron nostrils