The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 10-03-2003, 07:19 PM

BELLINGHAM -- Two teens looking for a "buzz" were hospitalized in Rhode Island yesterday after popping large amounts of an over-the-counter cold medicine pill while at school, police said.

The two girls, both 15, were taken to the nurse's office at the P.J. Primavera Educational Center around 10:15 a.m. after ingesting Coricidin Cough and Cold Medicine.

Police did not disclose the names of the girls since they are juveniles. Lt. Kevin Ranieri said their conditions did not appear to be life threatening. They were taken to Woonsocket's Landmark Medical Center, he said.

When officers responded to the school the two girls were awake and responsive in the nurse's office, Ranieri said. The teens told police they bought three boxes containing eight pills each of Coricidin and shared them equally.

The two took about eight to 11 pills each, Ranieri said.

Asked why, one of the girls said they "wanted a buzz," according to police.

Michael Rooney, director at the Primavera Center, an alternative school that enrolls high school kids from the area, could not be reached for comment.

The cold medicine, known as "triple C," contains the drug dextromethorphan or DXM. When taken in large amounts the effect can be comparable to LSD where users may feel like they are floating on air. DXM is a also found in Robitussin products.

A number of teens were nabbed in schools last winter carrying large amounts of cold medicines containing DXM. Some of them were found high in class.

Last February four students at Framingham High School were arrested on drug charges, one of whom had two boxes of Coricidin.

Two weeks earlier the parent of seventh-grader at Blackstone-Millville Regional Junior/High School told school officials his daughter took multiple doses of Coricidin.

Principal Mary Shimkus then launched an investigation with Blackstone Police that caught seven more students either in possession or under the influence of the over-the-counter drug.

Taking the drug may seem harmless to teens, but last year alone the National Institute on Drug Abuse reported 14 deaths related to cold medicine abuse.

READ STORY : http://www.milforddailynews.com/news/local...lls10022003.htm

<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>
<span style=\'color:green\'>(Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator</span></span>
(#2)
Old
syrup is sweeter

Default 10-03-2003, 08:05 PM

Quote:
When taken in large amounts the effect can be comparable to LSD where users may feel like they are floating on air.
Yeah that's it exactly.
(#3)
Old
pillpopper2

Default 10-03-2003, 09:06 PM

I wish i felt lik i was floating in the air when i dex
(#4)
Old
FloydFanDexHeadChick Offline

Default 10-03-2003, 09:46 PM

i really wish coricidin was never real or whatever

(#5)
Old
FloydFanDexHeadChick Offline

Default 10-03-2003, 09:50 PM

bad memorys

(#6)
Old
SpiKeD Offline

Default 10-04-2003, 02:06 AM

i dont get why kids would go to school on CCC anyway...if your gonna do it do it after fukin school so you could at least enjoy the high....the most ive done before school was smoke a little pot, one time took a couple valium but nothin that would be really obvious or get me caught....

.. you're moving but not aware .. you're drowsy without a care ..
. except keeping your whites .. behind your lids .
... and your lids are your best canvas i can only imagine ...
. what youre painting .
(#7)
Old
Maabus Offline

My Mood: Devilish
Default 10-04-2003, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Principal Mary Shimkus then launched an investigation with Blackstone Police that caught seven more students either in possession or under the influence of the over-the-counter drug.
in possession?!?!?! its OTC for goodness sakes!!

*Sigh*

*vomits in disgust*

War, Sex, Industry, Art, Science

The new pantheon.
(#8)
Old
DXmethorphan420 Offline

Default 10-08-2003, 12:09 PM

honestly i get sick reading these articals

It makes me wonder how people can be THAT dumb as to be unexpericanced with DXM or any drug and take them before or during school. Looks obvious these girls didnt do their homework on dxm hmmm

heh c'mon dex'ers smarten up!!!

peac3 and smart trippin'

See i think drugs have done some good things for us, i really do, and if you dont belive drugs have done some good things for us. Do me a favor, go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, all your cd's and burn em. Cause you know what, the musicians who made all that great music thats enhanced your lives throughout the years.

rrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs.

__________________________________________________ __

oxycontin.xanax bars.percocet.and lortab.valiums.morphine patches.extacy.and its all up for grab.