The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 02-23-2005, 12:20 PM

COLLIER COUNTY— For four years, Jackie Strippoli did more drugs than anyone could imagine in a lifetime. But when she tried Triple C, it was such a scary experience, she only did it once.

Now eighteen years old, Jackie Strippoli says drugs were hard to avoid.

"Cause everybody else did it. All my friends," said Strippoli.

It started when she was just 14 years old.

"Weed turned into coke, which turned into ecstasy, which turned into pretty much everything else," said Strippoli.

She even used Triple C or dextromethorphan, which is commonly found in cold medications.

"All the people I knew that did it, they were just, it was a whatever thing," said Strippoli.

Not seeing the harm, Strippoli tried it.

"I took 18 and about a half hour after I took them, I threw up," said Strippoli.

Then she began hallucinating.

"I had a blanket on me and the blanket looked like a bed of flowers and I kind of just fell into. I was really scared," said Strippoli.

Her bad and only experience with Triple C, wasn't enough to keep Strippoli away from drugs. She finally got off drugs after an intervention by her parents at age 17.

"Pretty much, my parents found out what was going on and they just kind of locked me down," said Strippoli.

Drug-free for more than a year, Strippoli says she feels great. She even works at a counseling center, giving drug tests and helping out the counselors.

"It's good because when people talk to me, I understand what they're talking about," said Strippoli.

Strippoli says they were hard lessons kids can do without and parents can help prevent.

"You just got to watch them, because they will lie and lie and lie," said Strippoli.

Strippoli says she never knew anybody who was dependant on triple c. Most of the people she knew who took it did it on

Link with video: http://www.abc-7.com/articles/readnews.asp...eid=2651&z=2&p=
(#2)
Old
TODD BLANKENSHIP Offline
former murmuring maid

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 02-23-2005, 12:33 PM

yeah cause hallucinating a bed of flowers is soooo scary.

if i was a kid and i read this the first thing id do is go eat 16 CCC's.

"I wish my name was Todd because then I could say "Yes, my name's Todd. Todd Blankenship." Oh, I also wish my last name was Blankenship." - Jack Handey