The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

Closed Thread

(#1)
Old
BONERSTORM

Default 12-31-2004, 10:17 AM

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
-Gandhi

TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED: $234.00
[$0.00 raised today]
[9 total donations]

We are collecting donations for the relief effort for the victims of the Indian Ocean Tsunamis. The current confirmed death count is over 135,000. There are many organizations sending aid, but it's reported that even this may not be enough. The DV will therefore be taking up donations for 3 weeks, and will send 100% of the money raised to a charity to provide direct relief to those people who were hit.

The charities we are considering are Doctors Without Borders and UNICEF. If you would like to propose a different non-profit charity, please do so in this thread. We will be making the donations in three weekly bursts.

If you'd like to make a donation, please paypal this email address: [email protected]
Include your DV username and the word 'donation' somewhere if you like. This paypal account is only being used for this charity effort.

Is all of this money going straight to the relief effort?

Every single cent. You'd better believe it.

Whose name will the donation be in?

It will be an anonymous donation.

Is there any way other than paypal to donate?

We don't have one set up right now, but if we get enough requests in a short amount of time, we will find a way. If there isn't a large response, but you still want to donate in a non-paypal way, send a check or money order to a charity directly.

Why should we put money in this account, why don't we all pay directly?

We want to try to see how much help we can generate as a community - a running total of how much we're able to raise will be kept in this thread. communities are a powerful thing. let's use our power to build, protect, and heal.

How soon will the money we raise be sent out?

We are campaigning for three weeks and money will be given to the charities at the end of each week.

Sendout Day 1: 9th January
Sendout Day 2: 16th January
Sendout Day 3: 23rd January

I've already donated to a charity!

Send one more dollar to help us fund doctors without borders - you won't believe how much clean water that will buy

I'm poor!

Me too, but i took the money i had set aside last month for new year's champage and started this drive with it. Please, give what you can. Take the money you were going to spend on that 8oz, or on that pack of cigarettes, or on that McDonalds meal and help.

Is there any reward for donating?

Genuine kindness is always repaid.

- - - - - - - - - -

Please, Help.
Closed Thread