The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdĒv€

Default 12-15-2004, 02:11 AM

By Jamie Brockwell
Evening Times Staff Writer
A concerned parent is speaking out after the suspicious car fire that occurred Saturday in Marion.

A mother of a 16-year old girl said she believes that hairspray was not the cause of the mysterious explosion which sent both girls to the hospital.

"They are huffing nail polish drying spray," said the mother. "They are even doing it behind dumpsters between classes at the school. They have a huge problem in that school."

She said that after her daughter started Marion High School is when all of her trouble began.

"When she started there and began running around with some people is when it all began with the Coricidin," said the mother. "Running around with those people got her hooked on that."

She said that she found a package of cold medicine in her daughter's room, but thought nothing of it because it was just cold medicine. When her daughter tried to hide the package from her, however, it sent up a red flag and she began to investigate.

"When I asked her about hiding the package she said that she didn't have anything, it was then that I realized I had a problem," said the mother.

"I went to every drug store until finally one pharmacist told me that the kids are taking this medicine to get a drunk feeling."

The mother found with her further investigation that ever since her daughter had started running with this crowd she had been taking the pills and doing other dangerous things.

The girl's mother said that when her daughter left her previous school, she had a 4.0 GPA. When the mother discovered these pills and that her daughter was abusing them, she checked her grades at Marion to find that she was failing.

"I couldn't believe it. She wasn't doing anything but popping pills at school," said the mother.

The mother was shocked to discover that her daughter was taking these over the counter pills 8 to 15 at a time.

"That many of those things can explode your heart!" said the mother.

She said after calling the police about troubles with her daughter, she finally realized that it was not working and took her to Charter Lakeside for her substance abuse problem.

"She had been drinking, and other things that I am just not going to put up with," said the mother.

The mother says that along with all of the other troubles, the deciding factor to send her child for treatment was when she discovered after a vehicle accident that her daughter was in that these teenage girls are "huffing" household chemicals to get high.

"I found out that they had been huffing at the library parking lot, they were high and passed out which caused the accident they were in," said the mother.

"I moved her out of Marion and brought her back to West Memphis after her treatment at Lakeside. Her grades are better and she undergoes random drug testing," said the mother.

The mother warns other parents, to carefully watch their children because this is affecting them all.

"I don't care who they are, rich or poor, popular or not, almost all of the kids today are doing these things or are present when other kids are," said the mother. "It's a cheap high. They don't think it's dangerous. I went to several stores and asked to have the nail dryer taken off of the shelves but they will not do it. Parents need to know the indicators of what to look for, community awareness is also important."

The mother said that a even just a single sock found in a teenager's car could be something to look at, that's all it takes.

"They are using the socks to spray the stuff in and then huffing it. Who would look twice at a messy teenager leaving socks in the car? I didn't, until now."

These cheap highs may not seem dangerous to teenagers, however this mother is now dealing with the lasting effects from her daughters reckless behavior.

"She has black spot on her brain that shows up on a cat scan. The doctors cannot say for sure what caused it or why it is there but they say the huffing is a good explanation. We are watching that now with doctors, but she has bad headaches a lot. She can't see when she gets them and she has to sleep all day because of the pain," said the mother.

The mother urges parents to watch their teenagers behavior very closely. These things are happening in the local communities and to kids from almost every walk of life.

"A little extra attention to them, and talking to them could keep them alive," said the mother.

Link:http://www.theeveningtimes.com/articles/20.../news/news1.txt
(#2)
Old
kilo Offline

Default 12-15-2004, 03:33 AM

lol @ "explode your heart!"

of chaos, of insanity
(#3)
Old
Midknight Offline

Default 12-15-2004, 05:51 AM

maybe not very many hearts explode, but it could kill you ...err should I do a sad face?

I dunno.

It sounds like a bunch of bad kids doing dumb shit. Maybe they should focus on drug education, not demonization. Word

(#4)
Old
Paralysis Offline

Default 12-15-2004, 06:20 AM

Sounds like Thirteen.

"paralysis (wow, what spelling)" - Hunter S. Thompson on his first mescaline trip, in the short story 'Mescalito'.
"If you die, and you're in debt, you win." - Ben Creed
"Why do people do drugs anymore? When reality is such a hallucination." - Lewis Black
"I'm gonna turn water... INTO FUNK!!" - Jesus
"Fat chicks need love too... but they have to pay!" - Quagmire
(#5)
Old
jersey_emt Offline
All-Seeing Moderator

Default 12-15-2004, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Midknight@Dec 15 2004, 05:51 AM

It sounds like a bunch of bad kids doing dumb shit. Maybe they should focus on drug education, not demonization. Word
Exactly

Opioid users: Please check out both Opioficionado and Opiophile, harm reduction forums for opioids.

"It hjas oh sthi my ex wfe"
    -Bhikku

"The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson
(#6)
Old
BONERSTORM

Default 12-15-2004, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paralysis@Dec 15 2004, 06:20 AM
Sounds like Thirteen.

NEWS FLASH, 2004: TEENAGERS REBEL, MAY BE USING DRUGS.

what a depraved age we live in.
(#7)
Old
Sgt.Pilcher Offline

Default 12-15-2004, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Dec 15 2004, 02:11 AM
"When she started there and began running around with some people is when it all began with the Coricidin," said the mother. "Running around with those people got her hooked on that."
Yea fuck those people. People are so irresponsible.

<span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\'>The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man almost nothing. </span>
(#8)
Old
vapor Offline
IRC Operators

Default 12-15-2004, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rudine+Dec 15 2004, 01:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rudine @ Dec 15 2004, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Paralysis@Dec 15 2004, 06:20 AM
Sounds like Thirteen.

what a depraved age we live in. [/b][/quote]
well thirteen was ridiculous. it was a waste of my time. the girls in that movie were fucking pussy. im not insensative, jsut their problems were not that bad at all. i did some fucked shit when i was younger, but nothing like that, never for reasons that lame. but hey people have their own opinions.

you guys got to the exploded heart thing before me but i got one.

Quote:
She can't see when she gets them and she has to sleep all day because of the pain," said the mother.
think the bitch just wants some darvocet?

(#9)
Old
Hamletthunktoomuch

Default 12-15-2004, 07:27 PM

Quote:
"She has black spot on her brain that shows up on a cat scan. The doctors cannot say for sure what caused it or why it is there but they say the huffing is a good explanation. We are watching that now with doctors, but she has bad headaches a lot. She can't see when she gets them and she has to sleep all day because of the pain," said the mother.
It sucks she didn't know that dxm was the good drug and some of the other substances she tried were bad and possibly actually fucked her up hardcore. Don't huff socks you'll get a black spot on your brain. I saw an episode of cops last night and this kid was shoving paint up his nose. The cops were there in his bedroom and he had like a poster of the grim reaper and budweiser and a jesus cross and the kid was normal looking but he had paint all over his face and hands. They all stood around for like 10 minutes discussing what to do and then finally the parents were like ok arrest him. The kid was just sitting there staring forward the whole time and was pretty out of it.
(#10)
Old
House Offline
IRC Operators

My Mood: Sick
Default 12-15-2004, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vapor+Dec 15 2004, 04:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vapor @ Dec 15 2004, 04:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -rudine@Dec 15 2004, 01:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Paralysis
Quote:
@Dec 15 2004, 06:20 AM
Sounds like Thirteen.

what a depraved age we live in.
well thirteen was ridiculous. it was a waste of my time. the girls in that movie were fucking pussy. im not insensative, jsut their problems were not that bad at all. i did some fucked shit when i was younger, but nothing like that, never for reasons that lame. but hey people have their own opinions.

you guys got to the exploded heart thing before me but i got one.

Quote:
She can't see when she gets them and she has to sleep all day because of the pain," said the mother.
think the bitch just wants some darvocet? [/b][/quote]

Ditto, ditto, ditto, except the part about Thirteen, because I have no knowledge of it. This article was definitely good for entertainment, making fun of these people and the whatnot.

Explode your heart... that's one I aim to remember.

Disclaimer: Any statements made on these forums under this handle should be vehemently disregarded, disbelieved, and taken with the least amount of seriousness possible.