The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
chris hansen Offline

Default 10-12-2004, 10:52 PM

I look at articles like this and I wonder if I was ever that stupid. The older I get the more I realize why parents are so uptight about their kid's health. Kids are fucking stupid. As for age restrictions, I don't care, 5 more months and I'm 18, I could wait till then to dex.

a fortuitous correspondence of circumstance.
(#12)
Old
S0up Offline
I Lurk Too Much

Default 10-12-2004, 10:57 PM

Wait till August 11 2005 then I will be all behind not selling DXM to people under 18

(#13)
Old
rfgdxm Offline

Default 10-12-2004, 11:47 PM

I still have the sneaking suspicion this is less about protecting kids than it is about loss prevention. IOW, these stores are doing this just to keep shoplifting under control. They can't make a profit unless they keep certain DXM products behind the counter because of all the shoplifting by kids. I'm tempted to have a chat at the local CVS about this policy with the pharmacist. Of course not mentioning my websites that come up on the top of relevant searches on all the search engines that count. If I start out mentioning *that*, the pharmacist will just refer me to the corporate public relations department.

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/
http://www.coricidin.org/
(#14)
Old
House Offline
IRC Operators

My Mood: Breezy
Default 10-13-2004, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by S0up@Oct 12 2004, 05:57 PM
Wait till August 11 2005 then I will be all behind not selling DXM to people under 18
I'm 17. I'm underage. ::shrugs::

Hitmang-- you're probably right. These people are probably ignorant in the sense that they did no research and overdosed-- and got more than they expected. If I wasn't expecting a reaction like that in my kid, I'd rush them to the hospital, too, though. Unfortunately, we can't know for sure what landed them in the hospital. We can only rest assured we are more intelligent than these people who use drugs irresponsibly (most of us, anyway).

Also, rfg, that's what I was thinking. Age restrictions would lead to a lot of theft, IMO, thus the implementation of behind the counter methods of sale. In any event, I support it. I'm not sure that talking to anyone at any store will really get you anything but a suspicious eye, though. :P

Disclaimer: Any statements made on these forums under this handle should be vehemently disregarded, disbelieved, and taken with the least amount of seriousness possible.
(#15)
Old
Midknight Offline

Default 10-13-2004, 05:45 AM

if your under 18 and actually worried, then just stalk up.

Just buy a couple bottles at the store every few days until you have a nice supply, just incase...

(#16)
Old
cindowsxp Offline

Default 10-13-2004, 10:55 PM

or, money order = powder.

-Blue Media Technologies, LLC
-Kreative Networks, LLC
-Particle Cities
(#17)
Old
ZenRaver Offline

Default 10-14-2004, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Oct 11 2004, 02:22 PM
mostly suburban, mostly young, and mostly middle-class, who turn to drugs because of boredom and rebellion.
Remember kids, it's all about boredom and rebellion, not a search for meaning and fulfillment in a spiritually bankrupt society

<span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\'>let This go.</span>

Nothing is Impossible - Reality is Infinite - All is One.
Nothing is True - Everything is Permitted.
PEACE ~ LOVE ~ UNITY ~ RESPECT

"Nietzsche predicted that if we survived the process of destroying all interpretations of the world (nihilism), we could then perhaps discover the correct course for humankind. I believe that Buddhism is just the tool to help do that, not because it explains 'why it's all pointless and empty,' but because it shows that being empty is not pointless, and that the feelings of existential despair are really artifacts of a misperception of the true nature of self." --Perry

<span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'>Zen Meditation: Daily use has been clinically proven to relieve depression and anxiety!</span>
Side effects may include:
spontaneous spiritual development, resolution of mental problems, unending bliss, satori enlightenment
(#18)
Old
silent voice of seduction Offline
Restricted

Default 10-14-2004, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LysergicZenRaver+Oct 14 2004, 12:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LysergicZenRaver @ Oct 14 2004, 12:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--drdĒv€@Oct 11 2004, 02:22 PM
mostly suburban, mostly young, and mostly middle-class, who turn to drugs because of boredom and rebellion.
Remember kids, it's all about boredom and rebellion, not a search for meaning and fulfillment in a spiritually bankrupt society [/b][/quote]
spiritual bankruptcy => boredom => rebellion => drugs => spiritual discovery => more rebellion => revolution.

wait, why is there no revolution?
(#19)
Old
deadheadbeast Offline

Default 10-14-2004, 05:01 AM

Quote:
spiritual bankruptcy => boredom => rebellion => drugs => spiritual discovery => more rebellion => revolution.

wait, why is there no revolution?
There is a revolution. Unfortunately, it's not from the dexers. It's the companies moving all of it behind the counter.
(#20)
Old
Mista V Offline

My Mood: Mellow
Default 10-14-2004, 02:04 PM

I live near our nation's capital and I saw that article in the Washington Post. It wasn't buried somewhere in the paper, it was right smack dab on the front page along with Iraq and the elections

Clouds are so crucial.