The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Einherjar Offline
Aum Namah Sivaya

My Mood: Inspired
Default 06-28-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
In this case, it appeared to be an overdose of the active ingredient that did most of the damage. The doctors commented that some, but not all of his symptoms were in line with a dextromethorphan overdose.
So, he didn't do anything wrong, he took too much and freaked out and the writer of the article just got caught up in the fact that the kid made something that used lighter fluid and ammonia.

Formerly Drage Av Lys
ZOMBIE ROADKILL
SYNARCH
(#12)
Old
ferk Offline

Default 06-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Nearly every article on DXM that I have encountered has been almost pure sensationalism. This is one such example!

Instead of crawling up the wall,
Why don't you open up, we'll talk,
I am ready, I am ready for a fall.
(#13)
Old
TheGreatDeceiver Offline

Default 06-28-2007, 09:45 PM

So some nub tried an extraction and fucked up his chemistry. Big deal, people overdose/die on chemicals all the time. This is nothing new.

If he was harmed from, say, ingesting half a can of lighter fluid, then would people be screaming to ban lighter fluid? No, they'd all say "Wow, what an idiot. Lighter fluid still rules for making fire, though."

</span><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>some bitch was all like I GOT PURPLE HAZE, i was like BITCH WHAT THE FUCK IS HAZE AND WHY IS IT PURPLE</td></tr></table><span class=\'signature\'>
(#14)
Old
Wǣrloga Offline
deceiver

My Mood: Pensive
Default 07-02-2007, 06:40 PM

Even with a basic knowledge of the ingredients I don't think extractions are that dangerous. Just know your chemicals (not many are involved) and what to look for. Although I wouldn't say im the average joe, I'm definitely no chemist.

Ósnjallr maðr, hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask, en elli gefr, honum engi frið, þótt honum geirar gefi
(#15)
Old
Criptin Offline
DexKing

Default 11-22-2007, 04:59 PM

So basically some moron didnt do a good extraction and everyone freaked? Ok just checking.

Imagine the possibilities..
(#16)
Old
lyrrad85

Default 11-22-2007, 05:04 PM

he could have just chugged it like the narc that he is an still get dex in just ass munch trouble.
(#17)
Old
dextromancer Offline
Syrup-Swillin' Sea Rat

Default 03-04-2008, 12:10 AM

old news but i thought it was funny that the article focused on the chemicals used to extract the dxm, when it was the dxm that did most of the damage.

Ah, there’s nothing like the hot winds of Hell blowing in your face