The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 12-19-2007, 12:27 AM

Five West Limestone High School students accused of bringing prescription drugs to school or of sharing them with other students were told Monday night they must attend alternative school.

Hearings before the Limestone County Board of Education for three other students allegedly involved in the Dec. 10 incident will be scheduled after the holidays. A sixth hearing was held Monday night for a student involved in a disciplinary incident not related to the drug case.

Three of the five students also face criminal charges.

A 15-year-old girl was charged with distribution of a controlled substance; another 15-year-old girl was charged with reckless endangerment and a 17-year-old boy was charged with reckless endangerment, said Limestone County Chief Investigator Stanley McNatt.

The names of the students were not released because they are juveniles.

Students were accused of bringing to school or sharing four Ambien sleeping pills and one Vicoprofen, a combination of the narcotic hydrocodone and the anti-inflammatory ibuprofen, McNatt said.

They also allegedly were sharing the over-the-counter tablets Coricidin Cough and Cold, which includes dextromethorphan and chlorpheniramine maleate, McNatt said. The combination of ingredients causes a “high” when not taken as directed, which has led to increased abuse by teens. According to a number of Web sites, Coricidin abuse has been linked to teen deaths. Taking doses higher than recommended can cause seizures, heart problems and vomiting.

School system officials reported no students overdosed on the prescription drugs or drug combinations. McNatt said Capt. Fred Sloss reported that two students who ingested the pills were taken to Athens-Limestone Hospital’s Emergency Room the day of the incident, but he does not know how serious their conditions were. The school board has a zero-tolerance policy on bringing drugs to school.

http://www.enewscourier.com/local/local_st..._351223217.html
(#2)
Old
Nivra ha-Rishon Offline
-

Default 12-19-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
According to a number of Web sites
In an indirect way, this site just got plugged
(#3)
Old
chris hansen Offline

Default 12-19-2007, 12:54 AM

i read about this is the paper. sad that they weren't even worthwhile drugs, but what else do you expect from the youth of alabama?

dr. dave, did you happen to hear about the lawrence county principal who pays his students $100 if they snitch out a classmate and get them arrested.

a fortuitous correspondence of circumstance.
(#4)
Old
Dybowski Offline
Colorful time

Default 12-19-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
The combination of ingredients causes a “high” when not taken as directed
Have they just started making things up? Some kids going to read this and take ccc, and bad things may happen, nothing quite fails like misinformation.

Zuchten acumen in circles, ever in circles
(#5)
Old
//.The_Unforgiven Offline

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 12-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Have they just started making things up? Some kids going to read this and take ccc, and bad things may happen, nothing quite fails like misinformation.

Until they read the part that says:
Quote:
Coricidin abuse has been linked to teen deaths. Taking doses higher than recommended can cause seizures, heart problems and vomiting.
That doesn't sound very appealing to me.

I say, good for these kids that they got in trouble, ignoramuses that they are... Drugged up kids in school are just harder to teach.

Scientologists, Illuminati, 9/11, MK-ULTRA, Vietnam, CIA, NSA, FBI, Republicans, Democrats. Who's to trust anymore?
Create your stockpiles. Tomorrow is not far away...
(#6)
Old
Criptin Offline
DexKing

Default 12-19-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Drugged up kids in school are just harder to teach.
I always did better in school when I was high because I would pay more attention, hell when your high alot of things are more appealing than they are sober. Including historical facts, scientific information, computer information ect. With the exception of mathetmatic equations, Fuck that!

Imagine the possibilities..
(#7)
Old
//.The_Unforgiven Offline

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 12-19-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I always did better in school when I was high
I should've been a BIT more specific.

Weed being the exception...

Drugged up kids are harder to teach.

I loved school + weed, but some kids are idiots dealing at school and shit. I've seen people get expelled for selling a JOINT. It's just not worth it.

Would you rather repeat a grade, or smoke a joint at lunchtime?

I should have pointed out that kids on shit like Diph and DXM would have absolutely no place in any classroom, they'd create a distraction, and be a waste of time to teach.

I really don't have a problem with this article. I think the authorities made the right decision. Drugs really have no place in the public school system.

If I knew you little fucks were messing around in class (hypocritical, yeah, I know, but I grew up a lil' since High School) I'd stop paying taxes. Fuck that.

Scientologists, Illuminati, 9/11, MK-ULTRA, Vietnam, CIA, NSA, FBI, Republicans, Democrats. Who's to trust anymore?
Create your stockpiles. Tomorrow is not far away...
(#8)
Old
The JoKer Offline
An Inglourious Basterd

My Mood: Cheerful
Default 12-22-2007, 09:27 PM

I like how they put the word high in quotes, as if to say dxm isn't a true high. I'd love to see one of them do a 3rd plat.

(#9)
Old
drdªv€

Default 01-15-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Final 3 students disciplined in W. Limestone drug case

— The final three of the eight students suspended from West Limestone High School for buying, taking or selling pills have been ordered to attend alternative school.
Limestone school board members agreed Monday to place the remaining three West High students in alternative school for 45 days.
The students’ names were withheld because they are juveniles. Their ages and sexes were not available at press time.
The other five have been attending alternative school since Dec. 17.
Capt. Stanley McNatt said that on Dec. 10, the eight students brought to school or shared four Ambien sleeping pills; one Vicoprofen, which contains the narcotic hydrocodone and the anti-inflammatory ibuprofen; and shared the over-the-counter tablets Coricidin Cough and Cold, which when combined triggers a high when not taken as directed.
Monday’s student hearings were closed to the public at the parents’ request.
Three of the five student already attending alternative school included a 15-year-old female who the Limestone County Sheriff’s Department charged with distribution of a controlled substance, and a female and a male, ages 15 and 17, charged with reckless endangerment.
Limestone schools have a zero-tolerance policy on bringing drugs to school.

http://www.enewscourier.com/local/local_st..._014224952.html