The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 09-29-2003, 01:10 PM

Seven Pine Ridge Middle School eighth-graders have been disciplined after they were found in possession of Coricidin HBP, an over-the-counter cough medicine designed for people with high blood pressure.

The drug is capable of producing a hallucinogenic high when abused.

Two of the students were also transported to NCH Naples hospital for observation. A third was taken to the hospital by a parent.

A Collier County Sheriff's Office information report gave this account of the Wednesday incident:

A youth relations deputy assigned to the school was called to the school office in reference to students in possession of an over-the-counter cough medicine. Three of the students had exceeded the adult dosage, and were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

A female student told the deputy she shoplifted the Coricidin HBP pills from a North Naples Wal-Mart. Reports state 41 pills were confiscated from the students.

"Our primary concern was for the health of the students," Landon said, "and that's why the school immediately contacted the parents and arranged for the students to be examined by health-care professionals."

While abusing cough medicine may not seem especially dire, it can lead to other drug abuses, said Sheri Mausen, a sheriff's spokeswoman.

"What could be happening is they're starting out with over-the-counter medicine," Mausen said. "In a couple of years they get into prescription drugs and prescription narcotics. Then it's serious."

READ ARTICLE : http://www.naplesnews.com/03/09/naples/e15913a.htm

<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>
<span style=\'color:green\'>(Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator</span></span>
(#2)
Old
syrup is sweeter

Default 09-29-2003, 01:47 PM

Quote:
"What could be happening is they're starting out with over-the-counter medicine," Mausen said. "In a couple of years they get into prescription drugs and prescription narcotics. Then it's serious."
I love it when people talk out of their ass.
(#3)
Old
yrm0m Offline

Default 09-29-2003, 01:54 PM

yea, they have a funny way of looking at drug use...

seriously tho, i think maybe they were too young for this...especially since they were takin ccc's
they could be more mature then me tho...but if they were they wouldn't have been caught....foolz haha

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

[02:25] elorgtussy: i wish i could have a log of my brain
[02:25] elorgtussy: like irc

http://www.kriscadwell.com
(#4)
Old
youph Offline
IRC Administrators

Default 09-29-2003, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yrm0m@Sep 29 2003, 12:54 PM
yea, they have a funny way of looking at drug use...

seriously tho, i think maybe they were too young for this...especially since they were takin ccc's
they could be more mature then me tho...but if they were they wouldn't have been caught....foolz haha
You are probably correct, but this gives the "authorities" no right to spread disinformation on the pretense of "concern for the health of the students."

Mental models are fuzzy, incomplete, and imprecisely stated. Furthermore, within a single individual, mental models change with time, even during the flow of a single conversation. The human mind assembles a few relationships to fit the context of a discussion. As debate shifts, so do the mental models. Even when only a single topic is being discussed, each participant in a conversation employs a different mental model to interpret the subject. Fundamental assumptions differ but are never brought into the open. Goals are different but left unstated. It is little wonder that compromise takes so long. And even when consensus is reached, the underlying assumptions may be fallacies that lead to laws and programs that fail. The human mind is not adapted to understanding correctly the consequences implied by a mental model. A mental model may be correct in structure and assumptions but, even so, the human mind--either individually or as a group consensus--is apt to draw the wrong implications for the future.
-Jay W. Forrester (1971). "Counterintuitive Behavior of Social Systems"

"we are not the super Walmart of internet sin"
-COLAALTDEL

he's going for that anti-marketing dollar, huge market
-Bill Hicks
(#5)
Old
yrm0m Offline

Default 09-29-2003, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by euph@Sep 29 2003, 01:42 PM
You are probably correct, but this gives the "authorities" no right to spread disinformation on the pretense of "concern for the health of the students."
i agree...whomever was quoted in that article displayed a lack of finesse in dealing with or even understanding the situation
do you think these kids checked up on dxm at all...you know, like maybe reading the basic parts of the faq or even checking out a site like this?

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

[02:25] elorgtussy: i wish i could have a log of my brain
[02:25] elorgtussy: like irc

http://www.kriscadwell.com
(#6)
Old
robojunkie

Default 09-30-2003, 12:13 AM

[QUOTE]do you think these kids checked up on dxm at all...you know, like maybe reading the basic parts of the faq or even checking out a site like this?
no, most likely somone told them they could get really ripped off corocidin and they went to wal-mart and cleared the shelf. i doubt they even thought to look at active ingredients, it gets them high so it doesnt matter to them how it works.
(#7)
Old
human_err0r

Default 10-03-2003, 07:07 AM

[quote]Originally posted by robojunkie@Sep 29 2003, 11:13 PM
Quote:
do you think these kids checked up on dxm at all...you know, like maybe reading the basic parts of the faq or even checking out a site like this?
no, most likely somone told them they could get really ripped off corocidin and they went to wal-mart and cleared the shelf. i doubt they even thought to look at active ingredients, it gets them high so it doesnt matter to them how it works.
Sad,but true.

I at least tried in the past to get the word out to make the fuck sure you get the HBP ccc,as bad as they are some acetaminophen is a hell of a lot worse.