View Single Post
(#7)
Old
Haddawaydex Offline

Default 12-13-2009, 12:40 PM

The thing with Dextromethorphan abuse at a young age is that it's just a way to get "UBERFUCKED UP, GUYS!!" Also, I highly doubt even at doses high enough to enter the third or fourth plateau would it cause hallucinations to these children or even teenagers. The thing with DXM and also Ketamine is the fact that the more interesting effects of exploring your "subconcious" (I more like to refer to it as the unconcious mind, as Freud hated the term subconcious as it is a misnomer) is not seen at a young age, and more readily develops as you get older. To children it feels like your so fucked up you don't even know what's happening, but nothing visual ever happens. This is why they still give ketamine to children in emergency situations, (child doesn't react well to morphine or other tranquilizers, the child is burned so badly that Ketamine is the only tranquilizer able to tranquilize them without pain). What do you think happens to a child who is given ketamine, but is not hurt? They just feel "FUCKED UP BRO", they feel tranquilized.. Same thing with Dextromethorphan (except it doesn't tranquilize you, it actually makes it pretty hard to sleep, but I think that may have to do with the stimulant effect it gives you through targeting the PCP2 receptor and blocking dopamine reuptake. If it weren't for this I believe DXM would be a very good tranquilizer)

And I know, I started abusing DXM at the age of 15. I remember all my friends thinking I was crazy when I started going crazy about DXM a few years later, and became obsessed with it. I would go on and on explaining how I left my body, and found out things.. things you weren't supposed to find out. To them it was just an intoxicating drug (much like alcohol), and that's what it was to me for such a long time. Then something changed.. I started experiencing the true dissociative effects of it; this allowed exploration of my mind and the hallucinogenic effects started happening. Yet all my friends (who were 16-17 at the time) thought I was just crazy, that it was impossible to have hallucinations on it. They just didn't know.. They just didn't understand..