The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Midknight Offline

Default 06-02-2004, 06:57 PM

In theory Olney's lesions are small holes in specific areas of the brain due to extensive use of dissociative drugs like, DXM, PCP, Ketamine, Nitrous Oxide, and others. An overview of this document:

• Dissociatives definitely cause brain damage if used heavily. One sub-anaesthetic "line dose" of ketamine, an equivalent dose of PCP, or a third plateau DXM dose, is probably at least as damaging to your brain as a few day "bender" on hard liquor, and possibly more so because it affects specific areas of the brain.

Thus, the kid probably had holes in his brain from constant strain on the cells, they overheated and died... Thus it will take a while for them the regenerate.

(#12)
Old
neko Offline

Default 06-03-2004, 10:13 AM

that kid is hardcore

I'm just a little girl in the dark! The things you say tear me apart! You know you'll get your way with my heart!

- Stacey Q
(#13)
Old
Ubiquitous Offline
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Default 06-08-2004, 01:42 PM

wow, if hes that stupid to tell his parents that he hallucinate and see 3 eyed dogs... that kid deserves to never get high again...

---Lost in action---
(#14)
Old
House Offline
IRC Operators

My Mood: Breezy
Default 06-09-2004, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AngryMobOfLlamas@Jun 8 2004, 08:42 AM
wow, if hes that stupid to tell his parents that he hallucinate and see 3 eyed dogs... that kid deserves to never get high again...
Apparently the kid was dissociated from things at the moment. I'm sure he didn't mean to say those things.

I would say that, if you are too irresponsible with your drug use, you shouldn't get high again.

Disclaimer: Any statements made on these forums under this handle should be vehemently disregarded, disbelieved, and taken with the least amount of seriousness possible.
(#15)
Old
Southwick Offline

Default 06-09-2004, 09:50 PM

...check their internet history, check their trash. How about tapping the phone line, and hire a private investigator to spy on them 24/7. And oh, hire an actor to become their girlfriend and get reports from her to see what he's up to. geesh.

Everybody in the house with half an ounce; not weed I mean coke dumb ass sit down
(#16)
Old
Kaiserin Offline
Retired mods

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 07-15-2004, 04:30 AM

Quote:
After several months of trial and error with different medications, he's now taking a mood stabilizer and an anti-depressant.
Sounds like his plan to get high all the time worked....

Quote:
Alas, alas, what misery to be wise
When wisdom profits nothing! This old lore
I had forgotten; else I were not here.
~Tiresias, Oedipus Rex
(#17)
Old
ranticalion Offline

Default 07-15-2004, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Midknight@Jun 2 2004, 03:57 PM
...Thus, the kid probably had holes in his brain from constant strain on the cells, they overheated and died... Thus it will take a while for them the regenerate.
lol I really hope you don't actually believe that