The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdĒv€

Default 05-14-2004, 08:36 AM

Coricidin, Or Triple C, Contains Ingredient That Causes Euphoria

POSTED: 9:37 am MDT May 13, 2004
UPDATED: 10:48 am MDT May 13, 2004

A 20-year-old Arvada man died after taking a lethal dose of cough and cold medicine, police said Thursday.

Blair Worthley died in his home on May 1 but it wasn't until the Jefferson County coroner performed toxicology tests that police confirmed he died from taking a lethal amount of Coricidin.

Known by teenagers as Triple C, Coricidin contains the drug dextromethorphan or DXM, which can cause euphoria. Teens and young adults often take large quantities of Coricidin to get high, because it's cheap and it's accessible, but doctors say the drug may also cause paranoia and excitability when taken in overdose quantities, and may even lead to death.

Police are encouraging parents to talk with their kids about the dangers of over-the-counter cold medicine.

Worthley's death has been ruled accidental. There are no charges pending in the case.

Story Here; http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/33005...519/detail.html
(#2)
Old
C20H25N3O Offline
Retired mods

Default 05-14-2004, 04:23 PM

ok, fair article. However, it would be nice if the police would elaborate on the dangers. Cough syrup == absolute death is as effective as Marijuana lowers sperm count. Because one, I have seen studies that disprove it, and two becausee a high sperm count isn't too important to some. I don't know. There are better comparissons. But thats my opinon.

Government, like dress, is the badge of lost innocence; the palaces of kings are built on the ruins of the bowers of paradise. -- Common Sense -- Tom Paine

--
"I think that marijuana should not only be legal, I think it should be a cottage industry." -- Steven King
(#3)
Old
_Swey_ Offline

Default 05-18-2004, 08:12 AM

CCC will make you mass vomit sometimes. And causes more confusion than robotussin or and other DXM syrup

oblivion is bliss!
(#4)
Old
vapor Offline
IRC Operators

Default 05-18-2004, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by C20H25N3O@May 14 2004, 03:23 PM
ok, fair article. However, it would be nice if the police would elaborate on the dangers. Cough syrup == absolute death is as effective as Marijuana lowers sperm count. Because one, I have seen studies that disprove it, and two becausee a high sperm count isn't too important to some. I don't know. There are better comparissons. But thats my opinon.
It wasnt fair at all. They are pinning his death to dextromethorphan, when im about 99% shure it was CPM and NOT DXM