The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€ Offline
Peripatetic Scholar

My Mood: Amused
Default Five Moms DXM-abuse awareness campaign - 12-15-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Consumer Healthcare Products Association on Thursday identified Tammy Walsh as the newest mom to join its Five Moms campaign to raise awareness of teen cough medicine abuse among parents. Walsh is a mother of two teenage boys and a high school math teacher from Northport, N.Y.
According to the 2011 Monitoring the Future report released Wednesday, nearly 5% of teens have abused OTC cough medicines to get high over the past year. While overall abuse has leveled off for eighth and 10th graders, it has declined among 12th graders.
CHPA, which represents the leading makers of OTC medicines, launched the Five Moms campaign in 2007 with the goal of driving parents to action — to educate themselves on medicine abuse, to talk with their children about the risks of such abuse, to safeguard medicines in their homes and to spread the word to other parents. In summer 2011, Five Moms initiated a search to find a new mom to join the campaign. Walsh's nomination statement on why she hoped to become the next Five Mom stood out in a dynamic selection of submissions due to her passion for working with teens and her impressive track record of education and engagement at the local level to address teen substance abuse.
"I've seen firsthand the impact that substance abuse can have on a family and a community," Walsh said. "Through my involvement with the Five Moms campaign I hope to help start the conversation between parents and teens about the risks of substance abuse in communities across the country. I am thrilled to join the Five Moms campaign in the fight against teen cough medicine abuse and look forward to continuing to spread awareness of this important issue."
Since its launch, the Five Moms campaign has reached more than 35 million parents and has resulted in 130,000 tell-a-friend electronic communications sent from parents to other parents to raise awareness of the issue of cough medicine abuse.
  • Becky Dyer, a former D.A.R.E. officer and deputy sheriff;
  • Blaise Brooks, a mother, caretaker and accountant;
  • Christy Crandell, a mother, author and founder of a treatment and recovery center for teens; and
  • Misty Fetko, a nurse and mother whose son lost his life while high on DXM.
For more information on efforts to raise awareness of teen cough medicine abuse, visit StopMedicineAbuse.org.
LINK

Know your drug, know your dose, know your source & know yourself...
You're only as old as the woman you feel...
I've spent a lot of money on good drugs, hot chicks and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...

(#2)
Old

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 12-15-2011, 09:35 PM

Six moms but they're still calling it Five Moms?

They need to make sure she's a milf, the others range from plain to fugly, the playing field needs to be evened out.

They need to make sure that she can drink a whole bottle of Robbotussin, she needs to know her enemy.

you get what you give, you know what I mean-Dave Wyndorff

What do you mean I don't support your system? I go to court when I have to.-Megadeth

DEMOD AND BAN DEAD FLOWERS
(#3)
Old
Randolph Carter Offline
Dreams, truer than reason

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 12-16-2011, 12:14 AM

http://www.dxmstories.com/

AND they make shitty flash games.

(#4)
Old
Skandha922 Offline

My Mood:
Location: Wouldn't wanna know, tell, tell, share SEEEEEEEEEEE
Default 12-16-2011, 02:19 AM

the delirium animation is hilarious

"Its all in the mind ya know." --George Harrison
(#5)
Old
Kaiserin Online
Retired mods

My Mood: Yeehaw
Location: The battle-fired crucible of all subsequent history...
Default 12-16-2011, 05:40 AM

The hilarious thing about that website is the way they have to hedge their language so they don't get sued by the pharmaceutical companies.

"DXM abusers are at risk for abormally high cardiovascular activity"

Gee, you mean to say that it might make my heart beat a little faster than is normal?

"Experimenting with dangerously high doses of DXM can even trigger cardiac arrest"

Key word, dangerously high amounts. Try experimenting with dangerously high amounts of anything, and well, it'll be dangerous.

Also hilarious how they fail to mention that the drug does anything positive at all. As if though people just use it for the sake of feeling worse or something. Propaganda of that variety is entirely undone when you figure out that 'gee this actually feels pretty god damned good!'

Quote:
Then went forth the proud thanes,
Brave men - hastened eagerly,
And willed they all - for one of two things:
Their lives to lose, or their loved lord to avenge.~ Battle of Maldon
(#6)
Old
Arm Online
Emergence reaction

Default 12-16-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
Six moms but they're still calling it Five Moms?
One of them left.

I was once that which you are, and what I am you also will be.
(#7)
Old
The Dex Dormouse Offline

My Mood: Relaxed
Default 12-17-2011, 02:07 PM

Ive found this website before while trying to find information on DXM. They really dont have anything to do. I cant access the site now because its saying I need to download the latest flash player and Im terribly lazy. They have a list of all the things DXM does, most are barely harmful or things that one seeking to get high would want anyways.

DXM causes hallucinations. Psh good thats what I want.

Feed your head!
(#8)
Old
MaslowK Offline
A Skyline's Severance

My Mood: Goofy
Default 12-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Mothers Against Robo Trippin, harhar.

'Yeah man I tell ya what man that dang ol’ internet man you just go in on there and point and click talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there man just go click click click click click it’s real easy man."