The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€ Offline
Peripatetic Scholar

My Mood: Amused
Default Cold Med Abuse Lands 3 Students In Hospital - 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM

Arlington, Mass. —
Three Arlington High School students were treated at local hospitals yesterday after abusing an over-the-counter cold medicine, according to a police spokesperson.
A school nurse assessed the students after staff members observed they were “lethargic” and showed “signs of impairment,” according to a letter sent to parents by interim Principal Mary Villano at 5:09 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 21.
“They were assessed by the school nurse and it was determined they should be sent to the hospital for further evaluation,” Villano wrote. “Parents were contacted and all students are now under the care of their parents and medical staff. All three students are expected to be fine.”
The police department’s School Resource Officer, Bryan Gallagher, was notified of the circumstances sometime between 8 and 10 a.m., according to Capt. Richard Flynn. The students, who are all younger than 18, admitted to ingesting several Coricidin HBP pills while they were being assessed in the school nurse’s office, according to a police report.
Coricidin is typically available over the counter, though some stores require customers to provide proof that they are least 18 years old in order to purchase it.
Coricidin HBP is a formulation of the drug that contains the chemical dextromethorphan (DXM), which is also found in the cold medicine Robitussin. The drug can produce feelings of euphoria and visual and auditory hallucinations when abused by ingesting high doses, according to the national Drug Enforcement Administration.
Flynn said the students were transported to Winchester Hospital and Mount Auburn Hospital for treatment.
School administrators and Arlington police are working to “further investigate this situation,” according to Villano.
“Please know that the safety of our students is of utmost importance and we take every precaution to ensure their well being,” Villano wrote in an email to parents. “I am proud of the quick and appropriate responses of our staff in this situation.”
Messages left for Villano and Dean of Students Rob DiLoreto on Thursday morning were not immediately returned.
Information from the Melrose Free Press, the Advocate’s sister publication, was used in this report.

Know your drug, know your dose, know your source & know yourself...
You're only as old as the woman you feel...
I've spent a lot of money on good drugs, hot chicks and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...

(#2)
Old
maggot titss Offline
[¬º-°]¬ dekko fhtagn ϟ

My Mood: Dead
Default 09-22-2011, 06:07 PM

i don't understand why they automatically send them to the hospital. i went to school on DXM a bunch of times and if they caught me and put me in the ER i would probably sue lol

(#3)
Old
MaslowK Offline
A Skyline's Severance

My Mood: Goofy
Default 09-23-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot titss View Post
i don't understand why they automatically send them to the hospital. i went to school on DXM a bunch of times and if they caught me and put me in the ER i would probably sue lol
"In case of overdose seek medical attention or contact a poison control center right away."

'Yeah man I tell ya what man that dang ol’ internet man you just go in on there and point and click talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there man just go click click click click click it’s real easy man."
(#4)
Old
Psychotic Break Offline
dont get any big ideas...

My Mood: Bored
Default 09-23-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Haha I understand why they were sent to the ER but I do agree, that shit ain't cheap!
(#5)
Old
frasorto Offline

My Mood: Angry
Default 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM

Lol arlington high school thats by were i stay

I rather die like a man then live like a coward -tupac
(#6)
Old
The Dex Dormouse Offline

My Mood: Relaxed
Default 09-27-2011, 07:00 AM

Yea thats why I never went to school trippin. Its easy to see when someones fucked up on DXM.

Feed your head!
(#7)
Old
CruelPleasure Offline

My Mood: Cool
Default 09-28-2011, 01:06 AM

Hospital seems a little overboard here.

"Also, people that DXM trip don't like getting high, they like vomiting."
(#8)
Old
WMW Offline
Extirpated

My Mood: Pensive
Default 09-28-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Because they took more than the recommended dose of a medication i.e overdose. I can't fathom the law suit that the school would suffer if they didn't send someone who overdosed to the hospital and that person died. It costs them nothing to send someone.
(#9)
Old
vidmnjva Offline
Tigerblood

My Mood: Cheerful
Default 09-28-2011, 01:50 AM

We all know damn well that sending someone to the ER for ingesting DXM is ridiculous, but you have to see it from their point of view. Those kids ingested anywhere from 8 to maybe 24 pills of coricidin. Ayone in there right mind who doesnt chug full bottles of cough syrup would call an ambulance immediately. Im so tired of all these news posts on cough syrup ODs and everyone being like, "wtf!!!" wtf do u expect? spread the knowledge anywhere BUT HERE!

i've considered putting drugs in my hoo-ha many times. but i'm afraid it will burn. i accidentally had hot sauce wiped onto my downstairs lips and i thought i was gonna die. - Maggot Tits
(#10)
Old
vidmnjva Offline
Tigerblood

My Mood: Cheerful
Default 09-28-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasorto View Post
Lol arlington high school thats by were i stay
nobody fucking cares. Say something that matters. 143

i've considered putting drugs in my hoo-ha many times. but i'm afraid it will burn. i accidentally had hot sauce wiped onto my downstairs lips and i thought i was gonna die. - Maggot Tits