The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdĒv€ Offline
Peripatetic Scholar

My Mood: Amused
Default New Law Restricts Minors From Buying OTC Drug - 09-01-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
SACRAMENTO - A bill has been signed into law by Gov. Jerry Brown prohibiting minors from buying certain over-the-counter drugs.
People under 18 are no longer able to buy medicines that contain the drug Dextromethorphan, or DXM.
Experts said they've seen an increase in popularity among young people using the drug to get high over the last 10 years.
One Central Coast resident, who did not want to be identified on camera, said he used the drug for five years and it ruined his life.
DXM is a main ingredient in some of the most popular over-the-counter medicines and people take large doses of it to get high.
"That stuff really twists your mind up. You're more prone to do violent things. You're more prone to do just about anything you think of because you're not really mentally there," he said.
He said he was in and out of the hospital for five years while he was using the drug.
"I was addicted mentally, yes, because it was an escape. It was a way out of reality and what was going on at the time," he said.
Dr. Scott Robertson:
"Part of this is because it's something that has been typically easily available over the counter," said Dr. Scott Robertson.
Cheap, easy, and legal for minors to get, which is why lawmakers have now made it against the law for people under 18 to buy it over the counter.
"I want them to know that it can seriously damage your brain, seriously damage it and a lot of people don't know what they're in store for. It's not very fun, actually," said the anonymous Lompoc resident.
Experts said overdosing on DXM is just as dangerous as drinking too much alcohol.
"When it comes to being intoxicated and having it affect your judgment people make all sorts of bad decisions and certainly that can be comparable to alcohol," Robertson said.
Senate Bill 514 was proposed by State Senator Joe Simitian.
Link

Know your drug, know your dose, know your source & know yourself...
You're only as old as the woman you feel...
I've spent a lot of money on good drugs, hot chicks and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...

(#2)
Old
spacecataz Offline
moonchild

My Mood: Cheeky
Default 09-01-2011, 02:48 PM

I always get IDed for dxm. When I was 17, I had to get friends or my mom to buy it for me, so I don't really consider this anything new. /shrug

nullumst iam dictum quod non sit dictum prius.
(#3)
Old
darklife Offline
ஷ Pablo Big Lips ல

My Mood: Gay
Default 09-01-2011, 03:17 PM

Damn I must still be dexed, I thought this was about minErs, not minOrs lol.

(#4)
Old
Durandal Offline
NetSphere

Default 09-01-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklife View Post
Black lung is the shit.

(#5)
Old
Chibidia Offline

Default 09-02-2011, 05:10 AM

Gotta love the media... it's all true, as last week I dex'd out, ended up shooting 5 people due to my excessive violence and when I came down, I bled half of my brain out of my nose. DXM doesn't get that much coverage on the news and all that, but when it does, it's horribly inaccurate... as with all things the news covers.

But yeah, I live in the godawful state of Missouri and I read this same news on another forum... I don't know, here and quite a few states require an ID before buying DXM. Some even limit the quantity you can buy... and Illinois for example, I believe has a law outlawing DXM only products if I remember correctly.
(#6)
Old
xmetal for lifex Offline

Default 09-03-2011, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibidia View Post
Gotta love the media... it's all true, as last week I dex'd out, ended up shooting 5 people due to my excessive violence and when I came down, I bled half of my brain out of my nose. DXM doesn't get that much coverage on the news and all that, but when it does, it's horribly inaccurate... as with all things the news covers.

But yeah, I live in the godawful state of Missouri and I read this same news on another forum... I don't know, here and quite a few states require an ID before buying DXM. Some even limit the quantity you can buy... and Illinois for example, I believe has a law outlawing DXM only products if I remember correctly.
No, Illinois actually still has Dextromethorphan only products. haven't heard of outlawing DXM only products before.
(#7)
Old
OurLadyOfInfiniteWutWut Offline
World's Wickedest Man

Default 09-03-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklife View Post
^^^a stunning example of mind-expansion...take that, prohibitionists!

the government clearly restricts access to drugs simply because they are afraid of the power of the intoxicated masses

clearly

Last edited by OurLadyOfInfiniteWutWut; 09-03-2011 at 03:57 PM.
(#8)
Old
World's Wickedest Man

Default 09-03-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmetal for lifex View Post
No, Illinois actually still has Dextromethorphan only products. haven't heard of outlawing DXM only products before.
i believe that chibidia was referring to illinois' ban on unauthorized possession of powder dxm
(#9)
Old
drdĒv€ Offline
Peripatetic Scholar

My Mood: Amused
Default 09-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Fantazmo View Post
the government clearly restricts access to drugs simply because they are afraid of the power of the intoxicated masses clearly
I think they try to restrict access to mind expanding drugs because they fear free thinking people...

Know your drug, know your dose, know your source & know yourself...
You're only as old as the woman you feel...
I've spent a lot of money on good drugs, hot chicks and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...

(#10)
Old
World's Wickedest Man

Default 09-03-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdĒv€ View Post
I think they try to restrict access to mind expanding drugs because they fear free thinking people...
i think that is, at best, a partial explanation of the current state of affairs, vis–ā–vis current worldwide drug policy; there are legitimate concerns regarding unrestricted distribution of these compounds (as with antibiotics, amphetamines, and many other sometimes useful, sometimes harmful drugs), and there have been notable tragedies subsequent to their use

also, there is good reason to think that "mind-expansion" is not an inevitable result of the consumption of psychedelics, and that it may very well be a relatively uncommon occurrence

we should also bear in mind that psychedelics have been quite comfortably integrated into repressive and barbaric societies