The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
human_err0r

Default 03-27-2004, 06:21 AM

Actually the psychologist they talked to mentioned that all the dangers of DXM liver damage,cardiac arrest etc were from OTHER active ingredients in medicines!
But it was so quick i bet no one noticed.

What is a good way to preserve DXM powder BTW?
(#12)
Old
killminus9 Offline

Default 03-27-2004, 06:28 AM

Gay

"the old wang to the mouth routine: --FDR

"Never, ever, EVER test the skills of the Redman. EVER motherfucker!" --some Indian dude

"You fuckin Canadian honky!" --Thrift Nine

"MY PUSSY BLEED GUNKY SHIT" --Dread Oh Dreads

"OMG PCP MAKES NEGROES 50X STRONGER" --Locolotophagi
(#13)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Offline
your mom

Default 03-27-2004, 06:59 AM

Stop using the word "gay" as an insult.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."
(#14)
Old
Diam Rumrum Offline
former murmuring maid

My Mood: In Love
Default 03-27-2004, 07:18 AM

yeah you should have called it homosexual

"Do the day, and let the day do you"... Wireman
(#15)
Old
Supernaut Offline

Default 03-27-2004, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Walkaway@Mar 27 2004, 05:59 AM
Stop using the word "gay" as an insult.
---
Namaste,
Cliff
I beleive he was refering to my avatar. I seen it on "Late Nite with Conan O'Brien" (best talk show ever) and I thought it made an interesting statement about how we stereotype others... I didn't think that people would actually respond to it! LOL

BTW: For the record I am against using the passive bigotry that has infected the english language. Using expressions such as 'I got gyped', 'that's gay' and 'he jewed me' make one sound ignorant and prejudiced. Such comments also promote discrimination and hate. Please, if your lacking the words to describe something, get a thesaurus, dont just say "it's gay".

<span style=\'font-family:Optima\'>Jesus Christ, you people suck at drugs - EvS</span>
(#16)
Old
robojunkie

Default 03-27-2004, 11:22 AM

keeping dex out of contact with light is the best way to extend its shelf life. i think the recipe on psychedelic booze would help you, out just be sure to mark it as poison and not drink a whole bottle at a time, which is why its important to have a trip sitter.
(#17)
Old
MR_AK Offline

Default 03-27-2004, 01:24 PM

I don't see why they just don't take out the cold medicne in CCC? because thats what ever ones ODing on right?? then kids would stop killing them selfs and still have an effective cough surpressant? or is our government too fucked up to do that?

I love the dancing bannana.

*SMOKE WEED WITH ME AND BE FREE!*

people "are" stupid!? - my thought

"they'd be robo cubes" - my idea
(frozen cough sryup)

"Rules are just things us humans made up, so we could protect our selfs from feeling pain caused by certain actions." - my thought
(#18)
Old
boulderguitarist Offline

Default 03-27-2004, 01:53 PM

All i can say is ... grrrrrrr

I can understand why the government would try and take a role in ending DXM use, but why does the media try to take such a large role in misinforming the public just to get parents to stop their kids? How does the media benifit from all this misinformation, what's their motive. I just don't get it.

I think it's interesting how the doctor, or phyciatrist, whatever the woman was who had studied it had the most educated comments to make yet she was only on for one comment. The report was based around the ignorant mother and her dumb CCC kid rather than a Doctor. Go figure...

I just can't imagine how bad the special will be if Fox News ever decides to make one...

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.
(#19)
Old
rfgdxm Offline

Default 03-27-2004, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KILLBILL@Mar 26 2004, 08:47 PM
Quote:
In the silence of cyberspace, there's a far flung community of devoted DXM abusers swapping recipes for cough syrup brownies
What a load of shit.

No mention of the chlorpheniramine maleate in Coricidin either.
Cough syrup brownies??? As far as this calling attention to DXM, it is doing that. I just checked my website logs. Large surge in traffic. Fortunately I already had taken steps after the 20/20 report to make sure I had adequate bandwidth to handle such, and keep my sites online.

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/
http://www.coricidin.org/
(#20)
Old
Dex-Is-All-There-Is Offline

Default 03-27-2004, 02:50 PM

for a army person who reserched dex you figure he would have ran across the fact that dxm is a dissociative, and one of the parts of your brain that get that is the part controlling physical addiction. this is why true addiction to dxm is impossible. now you can get mental addiction, but hell, everyone is mentally addicted to a TON of things, any thing you like for a matter of fact. mental addiction revolves around things you like, thus you crave foods or to go play video games, cause you like them. so basically the addiction potential is that that of your favorite food. or quiting dxm is like quiting weed. nothing compared to meth or coke addiction. damn, all these reportes cant do like 4 hours of reading, if they did they would be able to learn just about everything about dxm. but still, they all just go for first hand views from like moms and stuff. And on a further note that fucking kid that died is pissing me off. they have yet to tell us his body weight and how much he took. i bet he took a insane amount, and they are just hiding that part to make it look really bad. and i thought it was funny that the mom said she would have done it, everyone realized the potential of the drug, well anyone that can get past, " its cough syrup, fuck that"