• A Minimum of 200 words

DO NOT POST A TRIP DESCRIPTION
BOTH Must Be Completed to Finish Registration

Closed Thread

(#1)
Old
n3o Offline

Default A mere taste - 09-14-2010, 09:53 PM

The idea of a 200 word minimum essay to join a forum is interesting. Looking at some of the failed attempts here it seems a lot of people can't even obtain the minimum. I never did like English much - I usually did just enough of the work not to fail.

With that said, maybe the Dextroverse forums, with their barrier to entry, will cultivate a somewhat more mature discussion compared to some of the other drug-related forums on the Internet.

I’m not the kind of guy who would do drugs - the thought of approaching some shady person at dusk underneath a flickering street light and paying money for unknown illegal substances is frightening. Besides that, I don’t even drink - I hate the taste of alcohol, which is comparable to the metallic sensation on your tongue when you lick batteries. Nor do I smoke, which looks about as fun as inhaling any other burning substance.

I’ve known for a long time from news reports that cough medicine could get you high, but only recently, about 6 weeks ago did I try it for the first time. Coincidentally, I had a bad cold, which after subsiding left me with a dry, annoying cough indicative of bronchitis. I bought some Safeway Tussin Long Acting which contained only DXM, figuring I only needed an anti-tussive. One night after a day of sheer boredom I drank the remains of the bottle - about 2.5 oz, and got a mere taste of the possibilities of this and other mind-expanding substances.
(#2)
Old
koala infestation... robots Offline
Now with 16% more robot.

Default 09-15-2010, 12:30 AM

Essay approved.

Stay tuned for further processing.
Closed Thread