• What is your interest in DXM?
• A Minimum of 200 words

DO NOT POST A TRIP DESCRIPTION
BOTH Must Be Completed to Finish Registration

(#1)
Old
rlspn88 Offline

Default New to this site - 05-21-2010, 04:29 PM

Hey everyone, I'm Ryan. I've dexed about 5 times so far. The second time was absolutely amazing. I have read that it's not good to try to have the same trip over, and I definitely haven't. The few after that were just ok. I think it's time to explore the 3rd and 4th plateau because each time has been one 1 zicam. I want to explore my undonsiousnous and find new things about myself. I want to find out as much about DXM as possible and this site seems like a great place to do that.
(#2)
Old
youph Offline
IRC Administrators

Default 05-21-2010, 05:44 PM

Required Essay Topics:

• Why do you want to join the DV?
• What is your interest in DXM?
• A Minimum of 200 words

Mental models are fuzzy, incomplete, and imprecisely stated. Furthermore, within a single individual, mental models change with time, even during the flow of a single conversation. The human mind assembles a few relationships to fit the context of a discussion. As debate shifts, so do the mental models. Even when only a single topic is being discussed, each participant in a conversation employs a different mental model to interpret the subject. Fundamental assumptions differ but are never brought into the open. Goals are different but left unstated. It is little wonder that compromise takes so long. And even when consensus is reached, the underlying assumptions may be fallacies that lead to laws and programs that fail. The human mind is not adapted to understanding correctly the consequences implied by a mental model. A mental model may be correct in structure and assumptions but, even so, the human mind--either individually or as a group consensus--is apt to draw the wrong implications for the future.
-Jay W. Forrester (1971). "Counterintuitive Behavior of Social Systems"

"we are not the super Walmart of internet sin"
-COLAALTDEL

he's going for that anti-marketing dollar, huge market
-Bill Hicks

Last edited by youph; 05-22-2010 at 04:11 AM.