The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdĒv€

Default 02-26-2004, 11:11 PM

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a warning on Wednesday against a liquid product being sold under the names "Green Hornet" or herbal Ecstasy, saying it contained potentially dangerous drugs.
It said the drugs in the product, sold mostly on the Internet, were found in common cough and cold remedies but could cause seizures in some people.

"FDA considers this product to be an unapproved new drug since it contains, among other ingredients, the undeclared active ingredients diphenhydramine and dextromethorphan, found in over-the-counter drugs," the agency said in a statement.

It said four teenagers became ill after taking Green Hornet.

"The teenagers were rushed to a hospital emergency room suffering from seizures, excessive heart rates, severe body rashes and high blood pressure. FDA is investigating whether Green Hornet alone or in combination with other substances caused the severe adverse reactions," the FDA said.

"Our advice about so-called 'safe' alternatives to street drugs remains the same -- they are not safe. Do not buy them, and do not use them," FDA Commissioner Dr. Mark McClellan added.

The FDA said a store called Mind Excursions in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was selling the drug but had stopped.

READ :
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ealth_hornet_dc
(#2)
Old
pr0zac Offline
Retired mods

Default 02-27-2004, 03:14 AM

Well thats a smart idea. Lets make concentrated Coricidin and sell it. Smart people right there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-zac

<d8ff752> wheres my yam daddy at
<d8ff752> pr0zac is the yam-daddy

yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams
(#3)
Old
Vo2x

Default 02-27-2004, 03:34 AM

Diphenhydramine and dextromethorphan, what a shitty combination. Why diphenhydramine? I mean, from 95% of the accounts I have heard, using it recreationally makes you feel shitty. Most people will, indeed, trip their frikken mind off, no doubt, but its not what I'd call a positive experience.

It also has a large amount of people who are allergic to it and it can make you itch A LOT.

Anyway, I was in a lot of pain. They complain about how bad dxm is, well it makes a hell of a potentiator for opioid pain killers. Great for chronic pain sufferers.
(#4)
Old
SnarkBot Offline

Default 02-27-2004, 02:29 PM

thats what im talking about, save me the trouble of takein the 2 at the same time. i bet it actually rocks. at least for people that like dimenhyadramine and stuff like me.

once you get bord your never the same..
(#5)
Old
_Swey_ Offline

Default 02-27-2004, 04:52 PM

Sounds Fun

oblivion is bliss!
(#6)
Old
Ventrex HBr Offline

Default 03-01-2004, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pr0zac@Feb 27 2004, 03:14 AM
Well thats a smart idea. Lets make concentrated Coricidin and sell it. Smart people right there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-zac
Exactly my thoughts.

So, uh...how is this 'herbal,' exactly, anyway? I did a quick Googling, but didn't come up with a decent list of ingredients specifically for Green Hornet. All I could get, through any search with 'Green Hornet' in it was this report. Although, I did find a search engine cleverly named 'Herbal Ecstasy Ingredients,' on search attempt #2. :thumbsup:

You can't fight me. <span style=\'color:blue\'>I </span> am the king.

"Forget about green-felt pool tables and red N-360s and white flowers on school desks; about smoke rising from tall crematorium smokestacks, and chunky paperweights in police interrogation rooms. It seemed to work at first."
--Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

"Sometimes the memory is enough."
--Nick Bantock

"Skin color and social classes are things of the past. We now have discrimination down to a science."
--Vincent Freeman, Gattaca
(#7)
Old
4The2Season0 Offline

Default 03-11-2004, 09:29 PM

Someone on this board said it has Ephedrine in it aswell. This is the stupidest idea i've ever heard of. "Lets put a whole bunch of random OTCs together in excessively high doses and sell it as something herbal"
(#8)
Old
fingerbang666

Default 03-19-2004, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SnarkBot@Feb 27 2004, 02:29 PM
thats what im talking about, save me the trouble of takein the 2 at the same time. i bet it actually rocks. at least for people that like dimenhyadramine and stuff like me.
This stuff does rock. I bought two bottles about a month or so ago. Loved it. The only bad thing about it i thought was the price. Too expensive. like $45 a bottle. There's also another very similar liquid product called Orange Butterfly and that's really good stuff to. Neither one is that bad for you, imo. those kids that got hospitalized in Colorado were just a bunch of high school pussies. :chug:
(#9)
Old
SkimmerX Offline
Retired mods

My Mood: Confused
Default 03-19-2004, 12:05 PM

"that bad for you" ??? as opposed to what drinking anti-freeze mixed with lighter fluid?

GRAVITY- The ultimate recycling program. ^ ॐ۞ ۞ॐ
(#10)
Old
SnarkBot Offline

Default 03-19-2004, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fingerbang666+Mar 19 2004, 11:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fingerbang666 @ Mar 19 2004, 11:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SnarkBot@Feb 27 2004, 02:29 PM
This stuff does rock. I bought two bottles about a month or so ago. Loved it. The only bad thing about it i thought was the price. Too expensive. like $45 a bottle. There's also another very similar liquid product called Orange Butterfly and that's really good stuff to. Neither one is that bad for you, imo. those kids that got hospitalized in Colorado were just a bunch of high school pussies. :chug: [/b][/quote]
heheh yeah. thats awsome. ill have to keep a look out for it or something.

once you get bord your never the same..