The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
libel Offline
Moderated Poster

My Mood: Brooding
Default 02-21-2009, 10:44 PM

The jury is still out as these studies are done with rats. And they do not account for concurrent drug abuse. ( SSRI's, Alcohol, Anti-cholinergics, Stimulants. )

I'd avoid abuse of this substance. Many things can ruin life but drugs are among the easiest way.
(#12)
Old
libel Offline
Moderated Poster

Default 02-21-2009, 10:59 PM

Also, granular and vacuolated cytoplasm was apparent in pyramidal neurons in the retrosplenial (posterior cingulate) cortex. Status spongiosus (spongy degeneration) of the neuropil was also detected. CONCLUSIONS: Morphological changes are similar to those described previously, which are induced by high-affinity, noncompetitive NMDA antagonists, such as MK-801."

Glutamate blockade may reduce the amount of GABA produced.

"Also, granular and vacuolated cytoplasm was apparent in pyramidal neurons in the retrosplenial (posterior cingulate) cortex"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17384644

GABA is an inhibitory chemical that may keep Excitotoxicity in check.

I think DXM very well may be toxic.
(#13)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 02-21-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by libel@Feb 22 2009, 10:59 AM
Also, granular and vacuolated cytoplasm was apparent in pyramidal neurons in the retrosplenial (posterior cingulate) cortex. Status spongiosus (spongy degeneration) of the neuropil was also detected. CONCLUSIONS: Morphological changes are similar to those described previously, which are induced by high-affinity, noncompetitive NMDA antagonists, such as MK-801."

Glutamate blockade may reduce the amount of GABA produced.

"Also, granular and vacuolated cytoplasm was apparent in pyramidal neurons in the retrosplenial (posterior cingulate) cortex"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17384644

GABA is an inhibitory chemical that may keep Excitotoxicity in check.

I think DXM very well may be toxic.
But your references said it wasn't? At least, not if orally administered.

this is not a quote by polio vaccine
(#14)
Old
libel Offline
Moderated Poster

Default 02-22-2009, 12:48 AM

DXM's Metabolites may play a neuro-protective role. By injection, DXM would bypass these normal filters. DONT INJECT DXM.
(#15)
Old
noisuf0 Offline

Default 02-22-2009, 03:16 AM

wth this story is sad ;_;
what a waste of a life ;__;

i hope my life doesnt go that way =(
i'll be sad.

well, i never almost burnt the house down and ive never bcome homeless..

although you know the thought has been tempting..

http://myspace.com/noisuf0
add me on aim!
solar dexberry
(#16)
Old
libel Offline
Moderated Poster

Default 02-22-2009, 04:37 AM

(6) Material that is harmful to minors

The term “material that is harmful to minors” means any communication, picture, image, graphic image file, article, recording, writing, or other matter of any kind that is obscene or that—
(A) the average person, applying contemporary community standards, would find, taking the material as a whole and with respect to minors, is designed to appeal to, or is designed to pander to, the prurient interest;
© taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value for minors.
(7) Minor
The term “minor” means any person under 17 years of age.
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/us...31----000-.html
(#17)
Old
the Ego killer Offline
The true face of evil

Default 02-24-2009, 12:51 PM

i feel that, regardless of brain damage, excessive dxm use causes difficulties in brain functioning. from my experience this goes away for the most part after a long period of sobriety, but you will be different than you were before (any psychedelic would have this effect.)

i'm that bastard that's banging your sister and getting her into dissociative drugs, putting my WEIGHT on it in clubs, the DISCO GODFATHER, the pettiest of thugs, stealing your things to buy pain pills and syrup to chug.
(#18)
Old
KeithParadigm Offline
Dextroverse Guru

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 02-24-2009, 01:12 PM

You know what, I really don't think that convincing yourself that DXM is a-okay for your brain would really change anything. I mean fuck, who here would actually stop using it if there was a definitive study saying semi-regular use would somehow fuck up your brain permanently? I kbnow I wouldn't. I post on a forum devoted to cough syrup, and I'm not going to stop chugging, you fucking scientists..................See there is an example of the irregular usage and logic and whatnot...forming coherant sentences is more difficult, prolly DXM did a little. But I dont give a fuck man? do you? NO!!! FUCK!!!!!! FUCKING FUCK NUGGET!!! :thumbsup:

"My very own signature!"

-Self
(#19)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Offline
your mom

Default 02-24-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith's Rain@Feb 24 2009, 12:12 PM
You know what, I really don't think that convincing yourself that DXM is a-okay for your brain would really change anything. I mean fuck, who here would actually stop using it if there was a definitive study saying semi-regular use would somehow fuck up your brain permanently? I kbnow I wouldn't. I post on a forum devoted to cough syrup, and I'm not going to stop chugging, you fucking scientists..................See there is an example of the irregular usage and logic and whatnot...forming coherant sentences is more difficult, prolly DXM did a little. But I dont give a fuck man? do you? NO!!! FUCK!!!!!! FUCKING FUCK NUGGET!!! :thumbsup:
this message has been brought to you by the partnership for a drug-free america

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."
(#20)
Old
KeithParadigm Offline
Dextroverse Guru

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 02-24-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by x1e34cwv+Feb 24 2009, 12:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (x1e34cwv @ Feb 24 2009, 12:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Keith's Rain@Feb 24 2009, 12:12 PM
this message has been brought to you by the partnership for a drug-free america [/b][/quote]
that was amusing.

sorry for lack of content in this post btw....I just had to comment on that. It really did tickle me ever so erotically.

"My very own signature!"

-Self