The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 01-18-2008, 02:41 AM

Marijuana isn't the only drug kids are using to get high. They're also using items sold at nearly every store and found in nearly every home.

The drug of choice is cough syrup or what many are calling Robo-Tripping. It's popular among teens and the ones here in
Texoma are not excluded!

Officer Jeff Hughes said it's estimated that DXM is actually found in over 120 different products that are on the market today. Making access easy. Officer Hughes said the product DXM is helpful if used correctly.

"Kids think it's over the counter so it's OK. Fact is DXM is anything but OK, when not taken as directed." said Hughes.

Studies show one out of 11 teens abuse the product that's known as Robo-Tripping, Skittling, Dex, and DXM. Officer Hughes said kids aren't only getting high, some feel like they're hallucinating.

"Actually what they're doing is suppressing the central nervous system which is dangerous, because the brain forgets to send messages to the rest of the body. The brain forgets to sent the heart to beat, and lungs to breath and liver to filter." said Hughes.

Which has and can lead to death! Officer Hughes said the best tip for parents is to monitor products currently being used in your home especially in quantity and then discard any old medicine.

http://www.kauz.com/home/ticker/13876137.html
(#2)
Old
Choker Offline
I made it, I made it...

My Mood: Blah
Default 01-18-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drdªv€@Jan 18 2008, 02:41 AM
"Kids think it's over the counter so it's OK. Fact is DXM is anything but OK, when not taken as directed." said Hughes.

"Actually what they're doing is suppressing the central nervous system which is dangerous, because the brain forgets to send messages to the rest of the body. The brain forgets to sent the heart to beat, and lungs to breath and liver to filter." said Hughes.
Quote:
LMAO. In that case, all dexers would be dead by now.

Quote:
Shut the fuck up and chug it narc.

Can't tell me nothing now, baby I know how to fly
Can't nothing hold me down, I'm gonna touch the sky
(#3)
Old
Fair Warning Offline

Default 01-18-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Marijuana isn't the only drug kids are using to get high. They're also using items sold at nearly every store and found in nearly every home.

The drug of choice is cough syrup or what many are calling Robo-Tripping. It's popular among teens and the ones here in
Texoma are not excluded!

Officer Jeff Hughes said it's estimated that DXM is actually found in over 120 different products that are on the market today. Making access easy. Officer Hughes said the product DXM is helpful if used correctly.

Studies show one out of 11 teens abuse the product that's known as Robo-Tripping, Skittling, Dex, and DXM. Officer Hughes said kids aren't only getting high, some feel like they're hallucinating.

Which has and can lead to death! Officer Hughes said the best tip for parents is to monitor products currently being used in your home especially in quantity and then discard any old medicine.

this is the stupidest thing i have read all day.

i liek turdles
(#4)
Old
Happy2bCandyPLUR Offline

Default 01-18-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyrandom+Jan 18 2008, 10:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnnyrandom @ Jan 18 2008, 10:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--drdªv€@Jan 18 2008, 02:41 AM

Texoma are not excluded!

this is the stupidest thing i have read all day. [/b][/quote]
Definitely.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

"If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!" - Felix Adler

"The male kangaroo doesn’t have a pouch; only the female has it. So the male has pouch envy. Why should she have this huge pouch, and I have nothing? I have things to carry, too. At least give me a pocket." - Polar bear guy from Seinfeld

(#5)
Old
Smokey420 Offline

Default 01-19-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
The brain forgets to sent the heart to beat, and lungs to breath and liver to filter." said Hughes.
I like how they used improper grammer, "sent". They are full of shit!
(#6)
Old
mudpeople Online
Flothing at the moulth

My Mood: Pensive
Default 01-19-2008, 04:17 AM

what a heap of garbage.

No wonder we do drugs...

"Some men see things as they are and say why... I dream of things that never were and say why not." - George Bernard Shaw
(#7)
Old
Migbee Offline
pass the glass

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 01-24-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Officer Jeff Hughes said it's estimated that DXM is actually found in over 120 different products that are on the market today. Making access easy.
I never went. To school.

The active ingredient in some common cold and cough medications is dextromethorphan or DXM. That's what makes kids high.
(#8)
Old
VagueReality Offline
Propane

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 01-24-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:

No they are also using painkillers, alcohol, and other shit, but no, thats not news, robotripping is!!!

One time my erection stopped, I must be dieing, oh forgive me Mr. Hughes, I will never get to a chugga luggin tussin no mores I promise!

(Found my old signature I made)
My YouTube account - My Wikipedia account

My facebook (clicky clicky)
Total money donated to Dextrovese: $188
(#9)
Old
krepta Offline
weirding way

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 01-27-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Migbee@Jan 24 2008, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Officer Jeff Hughes said it's estimated that DXM is actually found in over 120 different products that are on the market today. Making access easy.
I never went. To school.
l.ol.

that reminds me a lot of this cough-meds-awareness ad that i found in a parenting magazine. full of sage advice about what bottles to keep under lock and key, but grammar not so much. not that i expect. grammar from magazines, but when it's abused in articles related to the brain-damaging effects of cold medicine, well. it is. much funnier.
(#10)
Old
Nivra ha-Rishon Offline
-

Default 01-27-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Hughes is a dipshit. :thumbsup: