The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 01-08-2008, 12:56 AM

Jello made with vodka and marijuana bongs fashioned from Gatorade bottles were just two of the eye-opening items parents learned about at a recent program at Westfield High.
Sponsored by the Westfield Community Coalition and the Westfield High PTSA, it dealt with the latest teen trends in substance abuse. The purpose was to make parents aware of what many local teen-agers are doing and familiarize them with possible signs of drug or alcohol use in their own children.

PRESENTING the program were Leslie Churn, a substance-abuse counselor at Westfield High, plus a sergeant in the county police department's Narcotics Division. Centre View is not identifying him because he often works undercover.
"Marijuana is the No. 1 drug," he told the parents. "And if you see 'High Times' magazine in you kid's room, that's a big indicator he or she is using marijuana. It tells kids how to beat drug tests, what the new drugs are and how to get them. And it's in the drug houses where we serve search warrants."
He said both powdered and crack cocaine are substantial problems in Fairfax County and, to a lesser extent, meth. "You can get what you need to make it at Wal-Mart and go home and do it," said the sergeant. "But it's so toxic that you're going to kill everyone in your home while you're cooking it."
He warned parents to find out where their children hang out because, if they're around meth, they could track it back into their own homes: "Exhaled meth lands on the surfaces of furniture and other objects and is very deadly."
Added Churn: "Each pound of meth produced leaves behind five or six pounds of toxic waste that's transmitted to users and their families." Showing photos of a brain with holes in it caused by drug use, she said "damaged brain cells don't regenerate."
The sergeant said marijuana sells for $180-$400 an ounce and, often, "drug dealers will put crack cocaine in the marijuana and get a kid hooked on crack that way." Robberies are also byproducts of drug use. "There are just so many bad things that can happen to kids when they get involved in drugs," said the sergeant.

HE SAID LSD comes in both liquid and paper form and some people have "after trips" two or three weeks after using it. And he said ecstasy is a "big problem" in Fairfax County.
"It alters the mind and screws up your dopamine and seratonin," said the sergeant. "One pill is all it takes, but kids will take seven or eight at once. 'X' raises your body temperature, and pacifiers, Glo Sticks, Vick's inhalers and painter's masks are all associated with 'X.' It enhances all your senses and you love to be touched."
Churn said teens who do ecstasy on the weekends crash down again on what they call "Suicide Monday." She said they're so depressed, they feel like they could kill themselves, and "they tell me they need marijuana to mellow out from the high."
As for PCP, the sergeant said it often comes in "dipper" form — a cigarette dipped into it. Some dealers will also fill vanilla-extract bottles with liquid PCP. "It produces a terrifying high," he said. "In a second, you're fighting for your life and you feel no pain."
Also popular, he said, is ketamine, a veterinary drug with PCP-like effects. "They heat the liquid, put it into powdered form and snort it," he explained. "But they substitute water for it in the vet's office, so then pets being operated on are treated with water."
The sergeant also warned parents to wear rubber gloves if they suspect their child is involved in drugs and they're searching his or her room. He said that's because drugs are absorbed through the skin and "you'll be bouncing off the walls."
Regarding legal drugs, he said prescription narcotics pose the biggest problem. Often, teens need only open their parents' medicine cabinet to find Oxycontin, Percoset, Demerol, Percodan, etc. "If you have it there from several years ago, throw it out," he told parents. "Kids at parties will put all the pills in a big bowl, take a handful with a shot of beer and see what happens."

"AND KIDS tell me they'll go to bathrooms in other people's houses and take whatever's in the medicine cabinet," said Churn. "So be wary of other kids in your house."
The sergeant said parents could do further drug research at www.dancesafe.org, and he let them examine packets of various illegal drugs that had been seized by police.
Then Churn informed them of some signs and symptoms of drug use to watch for in their children. "If they smell too good, they could be using sprays to camouflage drug odors," she said. "Or they could drop out of sports or clubs." Drug posters or shirts promoting drugs are other signs, as are teens sneaking out at night.
Money missing from family members, the presence of drugs and drug paraphernalia in the teen's room, new friends, older friends and suspicious acquaintances are also tipoffs, said Churn. Decreases in school attendance, grades and discipline are warnings, too. One mother also suggested that parents get printouts of their children's text messages from the phone company.
Regarding alcohol, Churn said today's teens are often imbibing energy drinks with alcohol mixed in. "Rock Star 21 is 6 percent alcohol and you'll get a wide-awake drunk," she said. "Cocaine energy drink has 350 percent more caffeine than Red Bull."
And, she added, "Everyone does 'bombs' now — Red Bull with flavored or regular vodka. For example, Red Bull plus grape vodka is a Grape Bomb. But combining alcohol plus a depressant plays tug of war with your heart."
Churn said Jello made with vodka is favored by young females because it doesn't taste like alcohol — "so they'll have four or five at once and get drunk quickly." Fruity drinks containing alcohol are also popular.
Smirnoff drinks, and "alcopops" such as Mike's Hard Lemonade are widely available. And chocolate, grape and cherry vodka are "marketed to younger drinkers" because it tastes better, said Churn. "And chocolate and cherry Celebrations are flavored beers by Michelob."

SHE ALSO told parents about Reef brand, flip-flop shoes. "They're for hiding alcohol," she said. "They hold two shots in each flip-flop. And kids are putting weed and pills in the 'stash box' flip flops and wearing them to school. They contain a storage compartment in the sole."
Churn said sometimes teens will even have blackouts — "They'll be walking and talking and will have no idea what they did. And mixing Xanax with alcohol gives them an instant blackout."
She warned parents, as well, about a liquor flask that looks like a cell phone. Said Churn: "A kid told me he carried his flask with vodka in it, every day for two years, and never got caught."
But they're playing a dangerous game because, she said, "The liver processes about one drink per hour, so imagine how much alcohol kids are putting in their bodies at one time and can't eliminate for a long time? And now they're drinking the 40-ounce beers and, if they say they've only had two beers, they're sometimes talking about two 40s."
They'll often drink it with a beer bong made from a funnel and a tube to get it into their system even quicker. And popular at parties now is an "ice luge." Liquor is poured down a sheet of ice, and then teens drink it from the bottom. Another favorite activity of high-schoolers is "beer pong." If a player gets a ping-pong ball into another person's cup, that person has to drink the whole cup.
If these teens then get behind the wheel of a car — or become a passenger of someone who's been drinking — the results can be tragic. A 2005 survey of Fairfax County youth revealed that 73 percent of seniors used alcohol, 27.4 percent rode in a car with someone who'd been drinking, and 19.9 percent of those 16 and older reported driving after drinking.

AS FOR DRUGS, Churn said flavored rolling papers are big and "the newest craze is clear paper so kids can see the marijuana burn." She said they'll also smoke blunts — hollowed-out cigars filled with marijuana — and they're flavored, too.
And she warned parents to be alert for everyday items, such as film canisters, Visine bottles and highlighters used as drug paraphernalia. Teens will smoke what looks like a cigarette, but is actually marijuana, or they'll stash drugs in deodorant canisters or under the lids of Pringles cans.
Churn said Gatorade bottles may be made into homemade bongs, and holes punched in Pepsi cans do the same thing. But then, she warned, "You're also inhaling aluminum." She said teens will also exhale marijuana through a fabric-softener sheet to disguise the smell. And she noted that hand scales and water-faucet screens to filter ashes while smoking are also signs of drug use.
She said cocaine is highly addictive and its paraphernalia includes a straw, mirror and razor. Said Churn: "It's easy to overdose because you never get that initial high again."
She noted that the Dextromethorphan found in many cough medicines is used in making meth and mimics the effects of PCP. And she said teens will crush the ADHD medication, Adderall, for a more potent effect. "Adderall's a hot commodity around school," said Churn. "It costs about $10 a pill and it's traded for marijuana."
She told parents teens will often hold "pharm" parties: "You get into it with a handful of pills, but they have a synergistic effects, so there's a huge risk of overdose. Teens will tell parents they're at a friend's house and then they'll have an 18-year-old rent a hotel room and they'll party all night."
GHB and Rohypnol (roofies) are date-rape drugs, said Churn, and are colorless, odorless and tasteless. "In liquid form, they can be put into your drink and you'll be unaware, and then you're in a complete blackout," she said. "It's very scary. I tell kids to never, ever leave their drink or bottle unattended. Or have a buddy look out for you because it happens quickly."
At Westfield, Churn does student substance-abuse evaluations with a parent present. (She's one of 11 such evaluators in FCPS). She gets the student's drug history, does a urine screen and then makes a treatment recommendation.

"WE CAN'T TELL anyone else about that child without a written release from them or their parents," she said. "And we now need written permission to talk to the student."
But she provides a valuable service and, beginning this month, she said, "I've been asked to go into health classes to give a presentation and talk to kids about, for example, date-rape drugs." And in March, the school's slated another program for parents on teenage drug and alcohol use, plus weekend behavior, titled "Saturday Night in the Suburbs."

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/articl...aper=62&cat=104
(#2)
Old
monkey-punk Offline
3 way tie for worst place

My Mood: Paranoid
Default 01-08-2008, 01:16 AM

Theirs so much BS in this it pisses me off, war on drug propaganda.

Quote:
She noted that the Dextromethorphan found in many cough medicines is used in making meth and mimics the effects of PCP
You dont use DXM in METH!

Quote:
"If they smell too good, they could be using sprays to camouflage drug odors," she said. "Or they could drop out of sports or clubs." Drug posters or shirts promoting drugs are other signs, as are teens sneaking out at night.
Maybe I like smelling good, coach is n ass hole, and they have pretty awesome pictures.

Quote:
Churn said flavored rolling papers are big and "the newest craze is clear paper so kids can see the marijuana burn." She said they'll also smoke blunts — hollowed-out cigars filled with marijuana — and they're flavored, too.
Clear papers are made with a plant cellulose that is easy to make see through r tards

Quote:
The sergeant also warned parents to wear rubber gloves if they suspect their child is involved in drugs and they're searching his or her room. He said that's because drugs are absorbed through the skin and "you'll be bouncing off the walls."
Ive been to pleanty of druggies houses i love touching their furni to get a good buzz.

BS!

Quote:

HE SAID LSD comes in both liquid and paper form and some people have "after trips" two or three weeks after using it.
so, more options, it also comes in little gel tabs, and pills, i be 2/3's of the parents did LSD in highschool/college ANY WAYS

Quote:

She said cocaine is highly addictive and its paraphernalia includes a straw, mirror and razor.
who the fuck does blow in highschool any ways?

Quote:
Teens will smoke what looks like a cigarette, but is actually marijuana, or they'll stash drugs in deodorant canisters or under the lids of Pringles cans.
since when was jane so bad any ways, shes allways been a nice girl to me except when i used a Black and mild as a wrap

/end rant

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know. -Epicurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by polio vaccine View Post
babies probably suck at farming... it would take them forever to use a rake
(#3)
Old
harmonicminor Offline

Default 01-08-2008, 01:42 AM

goddamn, so many of my friends went to that high school. weird.
(#4)
Old
//.The_Unforgiven Offline

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 01-08-2008, 01:53 AM

Actually, I don't think it ALL was bullshit, only the little pieces they got wrong.

Quote:
"drug dealers will put crack cocaine in the marijuana and get a kid hooked on crack that way."
Whoever just SMOKES their weed without LOOKING at it first is pretty dumb.

Quote:
But combining alcohol plus a depressant plays tug of war with your heart."
I think she/it meant "But combining a stimulant [caffeine] plus a depressant [alcohol] plays a tug of war with your heart."

I mean seriously, some parents are so disengaged in their child's life, that they could probably get away with a crack addiction. But people need privacy, you don't see people preaching to kids "YOUR PARENTS MAY BE ON DRUGS, YOU NEED TO SEARCH THEIR ROOM WITH RUBBER GLOVES ON SO YOU DON'T GET HIGH."

Double standards? I mean, I'm 19, so I don't have to give two flying fucks, but I mean, would you want your parents looking up your ass every five seconds? I would be quite quickly telling them where to go.

I can see these "kids" (no offense to like, 15 and under peeps) whose parents just wanna look out for them, but I mean damn, do it in a different way. I woulda been the most blown away if I could just have random chats about drugs with my parents. I KNOW my Mom smoked pot on a weekly basis, but she died shortly before I really got involved in anything/had any courage to speak up.

Chances are, your parents smoked pot, and chances are, pot isn't the "evil gateway drug that will make you rape hookers and punch infants" Unless it's like, soaked in PCP for all eternity.

Scientologists, Illuminati, 9/11, MK-ULTRA, Vietnam, CIA, NSA, FBI, Republicans, Democrats. Who's to trust anymore?
Create your stockpiles. Tomorrow is not far away...
(#5)
Old
Awakened Offline

My Mood: Lurking
Default 01-09-2008, 03:11 PM

I think the flip-flops sound kinda cool.

Glimpses of wide plains and graceful valleys, high mountains and inviting grottoes, covered with every lovely attribute of scenery which my delighted eyes could conceive of, yet formed wholly of some glowing, ethereal plastic entity, which in consistency partook as much of spirit as of matter. As I gazed, I perceived that my own brain held the key to these enchanting metamorphoses; for each vista which appeared to me was the one my changing mind most wished to behold. Chords, vibrations, and harmonic ecstasies echoed passionately on every hand, while on my ravished sight burst the stupendous spectacle of ultimate beauty.
(#6)
Old
wagexslave Offline

Default 01-10-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Awakened@Jan 9 2008, 03:11 PM
I think the flip-flops sound kinda cool.
It's the only time flip-flops are EVER cool.
(#7)
Old
Andr0id Offline

My Mood: Dead
Default 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM

"drug dealers will put crack cocaine in the marijuana and get a kid hooked on crack that way."

That is the dumbest shit I have ever read.

I really hate these stupid motherfuckers who waste all of their time lying about drugs. Parents are generally so fucking ignorant that they will believe this shit though.

Sex, Drugs and Banjo
(#8)
Old
infinite Offline

Default 01-10-2008, 02:46 PM

I wouldn't doubt drug dealers putting other substances in weed. Not one bit.

Be at peace with your mind for in the end it is all you will have
-Me
<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>Just open your eyes
And see that life is <span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>beautiful</span>. </span>
Matter is NOT made up of matter.
God will send you to a place of fire and pain if you don't agree with him....but he LOVES YOU!!!
All powerful, all knowing, but he can't handle money, either!!
(#9)
Old
jersey_emt Offline
All-Seeing Moderator

Default 01-10-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by infinite@Jan 10 2008, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't doubt drug dealers putting other substances in weed. Not one bit.
I would. It would put them out of business. Unless of course they are lacing the weed with another drug and then selling them at a premium because of that fact. But no drug dealer is going to put a much-more-expensive substance into a (relatively) cheap one. They'd go broke quite quickly.

Opioid users: Please check out both Opioficionado and Opiophile, harm reduction forums for opioids.

"It hjas oh sthi my ex wfe"
    -Bhikku

"The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson