The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Default 01-02-2004, 06:47 PM

"Another resolution passed by the house requests the AMA to study the status of abuse by adolescents of over-the-counter medications containing dextromethorphan. The resolution asks the AMA to "strongly request that the Food and Drug Administration, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and other appropriate government authorities use every means possible to halt bulk sales of dextromethorphan over the Internet." "

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/39/1/1 (near the bottom)

me -><-assholes
(#2)
Old
murmurmaid

Default 01-02-2004, 06:52 PM

they should give me lots of dxm and take notes
(#3)
Old
drdĒv€

Default 01-02-2004, 07:12 PM

Needless to say, I will be purchasing a couple hundred grams ASAP, this totally sucks shit, if parents paid a little more attention to their kids intrests & did a little research of their own this "travesty" would not be happening. Ignorance breeds fear.
(#4)
Old
murmurmaid

Default 01-02-2004, 07:15 PM

so is there something to be worried about really? i thought they couldnt take it off the shelves unless they had a good alternative... if there really is a good chance then i want to stockpile too.
(#5)
Old
murmurmaid

Default 01-02-2004, 07:16 PM

wait nm i see that now about halting online distributors or whatever. shit i wish i had some more money.
(#6)
Old
5-MeO-ECO Offline
Retired mods

Default 01-02-2004, 07:58 PM

HEY EVERYBODY, GUESS WHO WANTS TO RUN YOUR LIFE FOR YOU?!

What a sharp looking bunch. Shame they didn't get those finely polished jackboots in the picture, though.

<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>"Unlike food, drink or sex, the experience of pleasure itself exhibits no tolerance, even though our innumerable objects of desire certainly do. Thus we can eventually get bored of anything - with a single exception. Stimulation of the pleasure-centres of the brain never palls. Fire them in the right way, and boredom is neurochemically impossible."
"Electrical stimulation of the mesolimbic dopamine system is more intensely rewarding than eating, drinking, and love-making; and it never gets in the slightest a bit tedious. It stays exhilarating."

-"Wirehead Hedonism" [http://wireheading.com/index.html]
</span>
(#7)
Old
[]\/[]ISFIT

Default 01-02-2004, 08:01 PM

this sux maybe i should purchase some dex online too, it's gonna be hard holding out till summer if i have 60 grams of dex chillin in my drawer
(#8)
Old
5-MeO-ECO Offline
Retired mods

Default 01-02-2004, 08:04 PM

If only some clever, pioneering individual came up with a way to get in contact with these folks directly...

<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>"Unlike food, drink or sex, the experience of pleasure itself exhibits no tolerance, even though our innumerable objects of desire certainly do. Thus we can eventually get bored of anything - with a single exception. Stimulation of the pleasure-centres of the brain never palls. Fire them in the right way, and boredom is neurochemically impossible."
"Electrical stimulation of the mesolimbic dopamine system is more intensely rewarding than eating, drinking, and love-making; and it never gets in the slightest a bit tedious. It stays exhilarating."

-"Wirehead Hedonism" [http://wireheading.com/index.html]
</span>
(#9)
Old
EvS Offline

Default 01-02-2004, 09:28 PM

The AMA aren't a government association, I think they're just jumping on the anti-dxm bandwagon. Still bad news though..

<span style=\'font-family:Courier\'>"Pseudo-philosophical, ego-inflating quote goes here."</span>
(#10)
Old
Random

Default 01-03-2004, 12:22 AM

edit

nevermind I eventually found my answer :-)