The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Reverend Tulasi Offline

Default 12-17-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dianne@Dec 17 2007, 04:47 AM
It may have to do with a need or desire to try to pick out anything wrong in these in the hopes of some possible discredit. Like discrediting their misinformation gives hope that someday these things won't become illegal because most kids don't take the time to do some research.

That's my guess.
That sounds logical. Look guys, I'm sorry but unless Americans organize to take back rights that the Government should have never been allowed to take, it's only going to get worse.

Add Me on MySpace!
(#12)
Old
conway Offline

Default 12-17-2007, 01:59 PM

Im really getting sick of these scare tactics and bullshit missinformation that the mainstream media is brainwashing humanity with. Its nice to know if you drink you will die, if you go to a party you will get raped, if you smoke pot you will be a comatose corpse that will never move (and btw your dog will talk to you at the kitchen table, fuck you), if you snort coke all your skin will seep out your rectum until your a 95 pound transvestite sucking cock for g's. I love all these douche-pump motherfuckers, dont you?

Check out my musical works, be my friend and ill be yours

http://www.myspace.com/intimesofdistressandglory
http://www.myspace.com/lunarmylove

(#13)
Old
Barack Obama Offline
YEEHAW FUN TIME WOO!!!

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 12-17-2007, 05:52 PM

The one about the girl vomiting while the guy pointed made me lol.

That'd be me.

And i'm a roll one, and i'm a smoke one, and i'm a roll one, and i'm a smoke one, and i'm a roll one, and i'm a smoke one, and now i'm out of my mind, that's what that smoke done.
(#14)
Old
jersey_emt Offline
All-Seeing Moderator

Default 12-25-2007, 01:28 PM

1/2 pill of OxyContin can of course be deadly, especially if it's the (now discontinued) 160mg pill. A half of one of those, crushed or chewed, is 80mg of instant release oxycodone, which for someone without a tolerance, can certainly be deadly. Even half an 80mg OxyContin (40mg oxycodone) can be dangerous.

Personally, as a chronic pain patient who requires long-acting opioid medication (I take MS-Contin, which is similar to OxyContin but the active ingredient is morphine, not oxycodone), I really find this fear-mongering over opioids a pain (pun intended). I'm not ignoring the fact that there is problems with people abusing these substances, but we are talking about a very small minority of people. Some people are trying the damnedest to get OxyContin banned, even though millions of Americans rely on it daily just to live a normal, pain-free life.

But yes, adolescent drug use is a major problem. I only hope that people come to realize that the War On (some) Drugs is only exacerbating the situation, and that funneling more money to the DEA will only make things worse....

Opioid users: Please check out both Opioficionado and Opiophile, harm reduction forums for opioids.

"It hjas oh sthi my ex wfe"
    -Bhikku

"The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson
(#15)
Old
Wǣrloga Offline
deceiver

My Mood: Pensive
Default 12-25-2007, 04:03 PM

What if, instead of trying to use these scare tactics, someone made a presentation telling teens how to SAFELY use their drugs, and what ones at what dosage will kill them.

Ósnjallr maðr, hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask, en elli gefr, honum engi frið, þótt honum geirar gefi