The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 10-31-2007, 06:35 PM

CHPA Commends Senator Biden on Legislation Aimed at Curbing Medicine-Abuse Trend

Initiative is major step in stopping cough medicine abuse among teens.

Washington, D.C. (Vocus/PRWEB ) October 31, 2007 -- Today, Senator Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (D-Del.), introduced the Dextromethorphan Abuse Reduction Act of 2007, which would prevent teens under the age of 18 from purchasing cough medicines containing dextromethorphan while providing federal funding to two key anti-drug groups that are working to educate families about the dangers of cough medicine abuse. Following is a statement by Linda A. Suydam, D.P.A., president of the Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA), on the bill’s introduction:

“CHPA commends Senator Biden and Senators Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), and Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) for their recent congressional effort to address the problem of teens abusing medicines to get high. The trend of teens looking to the medicine cabinet to get high with prescription and over-the-counter medicines is very troubling. The leading makers of OTC cough medicines have been working to raise awareness about this problem and are pleased to see such strong leadership from the U.S. Senate on this issue. National age restrictions and increased funding for education and outreach would complement efforts underway by CHPA and its partners to protect America’s youth from the serious threat of medicine abuse and underscores the integral role that parents have in educating their children about the dangers associated with medicine abuse. Parents are the most effective tool we have in addressing this problem and the funding provided in this bill for education and prevention is a testament to the importance of education in preventing substance abuse.

“As the makers of over-the-counter medicines, we take very seriously the abuse of our medicines and remain committed to effectively addressing this dangerous problem. While national age restrictions will serve as a major step forward in reducing teen medicine abuse, education is still paramount to preventing its abuse. As the makers of over-the-counter medicines, we are spearheading several major campaigns to raise awareness of dextromethorphan abuse, including the comprehensive web site, www.StopMedicineAbuse.org. We are proud to be working with the Partnership for a Drug-Free America, the Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America, and D.A.R.E America in these efforts.

“Our work includes English- and Spanish-language educational resources for parents and community leaders, an online campaign (www.FiveMoms.com) geared specifically toward parental awareness, public service announcements and web sites for both parents and teens. We are committed to educating and empowering parents to take responsibility and action by learning about cough medicine abuse, talking to their kids about the dangers of abusing medicines, and paying attention to the medicines in their homes.”

Note: All of CHPA’s initiatives to stop cough medicine abuse by teens are summarized online at http://www.StopMedicineAbuse.org

CHPA is the 126-year-old-trade association representing U.S. manufacturers and distributors of over-the-counter medicines and nutritional supplement products.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/10/prweb565928.htm
(#2)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 11-01-2007, 09:46 AM

ROFL...

Amazing...simply amazing...to bad this isn't going to do...a god damned thing about the problem.

EDUCATION

not

RESTRICTION...

PARENTS,TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHILDREN!!!

Another thing I find interesting...is how the attitude portrayed throughout this whole thing is "after you're 18...then it's your problem...not ours" which shows you the true interests here...

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#3)
Old
Madison Young St Jamirez Offline

Default 11-01-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Monoliath@Nov 1 2007, 09:46 AM
Another thing I find interesting...is how the attitude portrayed throughout this whole thing is "after you're 18...then it's your problem...not ours" which shows you the true interests here...
which are.....?

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

"We've all spent our time freaking 'out'; sooner or later it becomes time to freak 'in.'" - torque

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/scampi/
(#4)
Old
Dybowski Offline
Colorful time

Default 11-01-2007, 04:19 PM

keep the parent(voters) happy about the (safety)limiting of their own children

Zuchten acumen in circles, ever in circles
(#5)
Old
Siffleur Offline
narcomantic

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 11-01-2007, 04:34 PM

this is posturing, plain and simple. i've gotten used to the habit of dems & republicans introducing legislation to appear "hard on drugs" the year before their re-election campaign.

but yea, this isn't going to do jack shit. and if it does, at least it won't affect me. :devillick:

btw i love how they mentioned fivemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromide View Post
I will practice celibacy until God himself cums for me.
FURBYFOTOZ | Verrry interesting... | HARMONIC PARADISE
(#6)
Old
Brothabill Offline

Default 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM

It wont work, they could never ban Jenkem, the newest, latest legal hallucinogen/disassociative.
Although they may try, goddam Middle America kids ruin it for everyone!!
They describe the trend here:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...072jenkem1.html

I dont want to source post, but I think it's pretty obvious

restricted for 14 days